The jets are a laughing stock on Fox sports

Daboll or anyone who coaches the Jets next has a long road ahead of them.  It took Buffalo four seasons to rebuild, overhaul the team and create a winning culture.   That was while inheriting a team with 7-8 win talent and having a lucky playoff run in 2017.   

The cupboard is bare and the morale is even lower than it was in Buffalo during most of the drought years.      In addition, they are in a division with McDermott and Allen, a Patriots team that still has Bellichek and a young up and coming Miami team.     Rebuilding the jets is essentially at this point working with an expansion team except there isnt the excitement of newness that an expansion team would have.   Whoever takes the Jets job either has a large amount of confidence or may feel that it is their only chance.

Edited by dgrochester55

In my opinion, if I'm Daboll, I'm eye balling Atlanta.  Still got some time left with current core to have immediate success while bringing in fresh rookies, and the team can clearly win, they're putting up the points. 

I would steer clear of the Jets.  Even the Lions are more enticing (not by much)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Daboll’s from Buffalo and this is his dream job I agree with you completely. I think he turns them down even if they back up the brinks truck on his front door😂. Now the jets are going to be paying for 3 coaches that are no longer on the team. And if they fire Douglas then they have to pay him for the next 5 years since they gave him a six year deal. No GM or HC with a brain is going to touch the jets.

Douglas is not going any where. In fact he will get his first opportunity to build the team by  bringing in his own HC and coaching staff and let them decide on the future off Darnold.  He will have to fix their OL and bring in WRs for the QB.  Bell is not healthy and they would need to bring in veteran RBs or draft.   He does have his work cut out; but he will be in charge in 2021

They are really bad but with a coaching change, Trevor Lawrence and additional picks from trading Darnold they could turn it around in 2021. My hope is they fire Gase and elevate Williams who then coaches the Jets to 2 late season meaningless wins and hopefully there is an NFC team that has a worse record who decides to draft Lawrence before Jets get him. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/4/2020 at 8:41 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Daboll’s from Buffalo and this is his dream job I agree with you completely. I think he turns them down even if they back up the brinks truck on his front door😂. Now the jets are going to be paying for 3 coaches that are no longer on the team. And if they fire Douglas then they have to pay him for the next 5 years since they gave him a six year deal. No GM or HC with a brain is going to touch the jets.

I'm guessing his dream job is that of a HC

On 10/4/2020 at 9:57 PM, Limeaid said:

I'd love him to do that - interview, get offer and turn it down saying JEST made me offer to be hard coach but turned down my one demand - to be paid as much as highest paid coach in the league for that is what it will cost to clean up their mess.

It’s tough as the Pegulas already extended McD, Beane is coming, the cap goes down $35 mil. (Because it normally would have gone up to $210 mil. and the current contracts are based on that figure), and as someone stated even though they are worth over $5 Bil. they are projected to lose from their other holdings $360 mil. this year.  One thing I do know about wealthy friends is they don’t look at what they have, but what they are losing and are looking for a way to make it up.  Yes, it would be great to increase his salary, but they may just take their losses and get the next Daboll.  

If I were him and am not, I wouldn’t touch the Jests, or Texans.  They are a mess and don’t have the draft picks.  You can expect ATL to fire Quinn, and several other teams like Detroit that still have talent.

On 10/4/2020 at 9:54 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They’re already going to be paying for 3 coaches and 2 GMS (assuming they’re don’t fire Douglas which I’m sure they will) that aren’t on the team anymore.

Never mind selling Q-Tips, the Johnson boys might as well buy Brinks.

On 10/4/2020 at 8:40 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He interviewed for the Browns job, I think Daboll really wants a HC job in the NFL. I don’t blame him, everyone wants to progress in their career.

He will be a coach next year as long as the Bills O plays like some version of this and it will be deserved. 

On 10/4/2020 at 8:45 PM, delirious said:

In my opinion, if I'm Daboll, I'm eye balling Atlanta.  Still got some time left with current core to have immediate success while bringing in fresh rookies, and the team can clearly win, they're putting up the points. 

I would steer clear of the Jets.  Even the Lions are more enticing (not by much)

Why not Houston? You already have a franchise QB, and one much younger than Matt Ryan.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/5/2020 at 6:26 AM, racketmaster said:

They are really bad but with a coaching change, Trevor Lawrence and additional picks from trading Darnold they could turn it around in 2021. My hope is they fire Gase and elevate Williams who then coaches the Jets to 2 late season meaningless wins and hopefully there is an NFC team that has a worse record who decides to draft Lawrence before Jets get him. 

Darnold isn't going to be worth much. My guess is a 4th and that's if he starts playing well. 

Remember Josh Rosen? 

On 10/4/2020 at 10:45 PM, delirious said:

I go with the Texans. Building around Watson seems like a good place to be. 

30 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why not Houston? You already have a franchise QB, and one much younger than Matt Ryan.

I agree, if Daboll does want a HC job the Texans are a team he could do  quick turn around with. I still think the hardest part is finding that franchise QB, which the Texans already have. A stud WR and RB and that team could be turned around in one season. Plus if Daboll goes to the Texans I could still cheer for him. 

We will see how the rest of the season goes, if teams are able to adjust and slow down the Bills O. I am a fan of Daboll. If it were up to me and it's not LOL, I would give a lot of $ to keep B.D in Buffalo as OC. A big raise and the Bills building towards something could keep him here. Having been part of the Patriots organization, I'm sure he has seen how many times a coach from NE goes to be HC somewhere and fails. 

I would never blame him for leaving, but hopefully the Bills give him a lot of reasons to stay!