The jets are a laughing stock on Fox sports

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Lol I was just on jetnation, they want Daboll for their HC next year. I get that coordinators want a HC position? But I can totally see Daboll turning down any offer of money the Jets throw at him

He interviewed for the Browns job, I think Daboll really wants a HC job in the NFL. I don’t blame him, everyone wants to progress in their career.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Lol I was just on jetnation, they want Daboll for their HC next year. I get that coordinators want a HC position? But I can totally see Daboll turning down any offer of money the Jets throw at him

Daboll’s from Buffalo and this is his dream job I agree with you completely. I think he turns them down even if they back up the brinks truck on his front door😂. Now the jets are going to be paying for 3 coaches that are no longer on the team. And if they fire Douglas then they have to pay him for the next 5 years since they gave him a six year deal. No GM or HC with a brain is going to touch the jets.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He interviewed for the Browns job, I think Daboll really wants a HC job in the NFL. I don’t blame him, everyone wants to progress in their career.

Yeah but the amount of money it would take to fix that trainwreck of a franchise? Daboll would spend half of it on aspirin alone

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yeah but the Jets literally don’t have a team. They’re rebuild is most likely going to be worse and take longer than Miami’s. If I’m Darnold I’m begging for a trade

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah but the amount of money it would take to fix that trainwreck of a franchise? Daboll would spend half of it on aspirin alone

Remember IF they retain Douglas and that’s still a big IF. Daboll would have to work with Douglas, and if they don’t click then he ain’t going there. Maybe they’ll hire Marrone after Jacksonville fires him

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Don’t doubt he want it, but he also has to feel like he will have a chance to succeed... does the jet job do that??   I’ve turned down jobs when I felt it wasn’t a good chance to succeed. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Yeah but the Jets literally don’t have a team. They’re rebuild is most likely going to be worse and take longer than Miami’s. If I’m Darnold I’m begging for a trade

Remember IF they retain Douglas and that’s still a big IF. Daboll would have to work with Douglas, and if they don’t click then he ain’t going there. Maybe they’ll hire Marrone after Jacksonville fires him

Oh wouldn't that be rich? You better believe Marrone will get an opt out clause drawn up cleaning up the mess Gase made

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I know head coaching jobs are hard to come by, but some jobs are sure to end in tears.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Daboll’s from Buffalo and this is his dream job I agree with you completely. I think he turns them down even if they back up the brinks truck on his front door😂. Now the jets are going to be paying for 3 coaches that are no longer on the team. And if they fire Douglas then they have to pay him for the next 5 years since they gave him a six year deal. No GM or HC with a brain is going to touch the jets.

I would assume if Daboll wants this job he will want to pick his GM like Beane and Mcdermott came together. If he can get that then the job might be great, players would want to play in NYC for the endorsement possibities if he can make them decent 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Hard to turn down if they have the first pick and decent draft capital. The benefit there is the cupboards so bare you can make it in your image. 

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Brinks truck yes but not Gruden truck.  If he gets a contract like Raiders gave him he will take it and he should.

49 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Interviewing is how you practice and get your name circulated.

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Brinks truck yes but not Gruden truck.  If he gets a contract like Raiders gave him he will take it and he should.

Correct.

Look everyone, I love what Daboll is doing and how he has developed Josh. Let’s also think of it like this, Josh isn’t going to go back to the player he was when he entered the league. McDermott will find a good Cord. If the Bills offense keeps playing as well as it is, something we all want, brace yourself for Daboll leaving. It’s gonna happen.

As for the Jets job, who wouldn’t want to go coach there? It can only get better! 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That could actually happen.

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The chances of the jets giving Daboll a gruden like contract is next to none. They’re already going to be paying for 3 coaches and 2 GMS (assuming they’re don’t fire Douglas which I’m sure they will) that aren’t on the team anymore. I say Jets are stuck with Gase one more year before firing him

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hard to turn down if they have the first pick and decent draft capital. The benefit there is the cupboards so bare you can make it in your image. 

They won’t, if Houston keeps losing then Miami ends up with the first overall pick after what O’Brien gave up for a Stills and Tunsil trade

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The chances of the jets giving Daboll a gruden like contract is next to none. They’re already going to be paying for 3 coaches and 2 GMS (assuming they’re don’t fire Douglas which I’m sure they will) that aren’t on the team anymore. I say Jets are stuck with Gase one more year before firing him

I'd love him to do that - interview, get offer and turn it down saying JEST made me offer to be hard coach but turned down my one demand - to be paid as much as highest paid coach in the league for that is what it will cost to clean up their mess.

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

Daboll is going to have his pick of the litter, and I bet the Jets are not on the top of his list. Think he wants to face McDermott and Allen twice a year?

• Like (+1) 1