Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

Couple of points not made yet:

1. The quarantine would be at least 14 days after not showing symptoms. If Trump is symptomatic then the second debate is in jeopardy.

2. How many rallies did Trump hold when he could spread the virus? There are definately a high number of Trump supporters now at risk.

3. This will have a massive effect on the Trump campaign. They will need to pivot away from their rallies. If Trump is right and the rallies are what drives out the vote, then that's more issues who a person really trailing in the vote.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

1. The quarantine would be at least 14 days after not showing symptoms. If Trump is symptomatic then the second debate is in jeopardy.

2. How many rallies did Trump hold when he could spread the virus? There are definately a high number of Trump supporters now at risk.

3. This will have a massive effect on the Trump campaign. They will need to pivot away from their rallies. If Trump is right and the rallies are what drives out the vote, then that's more issues who a person really trailing in the vote.

Sympathy vote that’s all this is about. They don’t have COVID.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

1... not true we went back to work after 3 days not showing symptoms... 14 days from testing positive and asymptomatic

2.... how many rallies were infected at spreading the virus to Trumps and Hicks...they have been at risk for a while.

3.... probably true

3 hours ago, eball said:

So if you’re one of his supporters who believe the virus is fake, I wonder how you react to this news?

No one believes the virus is fake, however, the severity of it is extremely fake.  The recent death numbers does not constitute the restrictions we are living under.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This after mocking Biden for wearing masks all the time. SMH The Irony is rich here don't ya think? I don't wish harm upon he or Milania I pray they both recover but this to me is just SAD....He's a leader allright. He has discounted this virus continuously I wonder what he has to say about it now...... his supporters...what a debacle.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

1... not true we went back to work after 3 days not showing symptoms... 14 days from testing positive and asymptomatic

2.... how many rallies were infected at spreading the virus to Trumps and Hicks...they have been at risk for a while.

3.... probably true

1. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---16-march-2020#:~:text=People infected with COVID-,end of this period.

People infected with COVID-19 can still infect others after they stop feeling sick, so these measures should continue for at least two weeks after symptoms disappear.

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeh, not the info medical personnel were given.

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

1. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---16-march-2020#:~:text=People infected with COVID-,end of this period.

People infected with COVID-19 can still infect others after they stop feeling sick, so these measures should continue for at least two weeks after symptoms disappear.

PS, I think the protocols have changed... not sure.

Edited by North Buffalo

45 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sorry to lose you.  Best of luck and hope to "see" you soon. 

Substitute "dies" for "doesn't get better" and the answer (to the best of my knowledge) is yes.  Replacing Trump on the ballots is the tricky part.  That's a state by state issue.  I'm sure we'll see a story about it in the next day or two.  But we're close to the point where it's too late to replace him.  Early voting, absentee voting, and printing logistics make the deadline to replace earlier than one might think. 

Biden, also. If he kicks the bucket, which could happen, will Harris be on he ballot? Talk about chaos! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

E, I am a never Trumper, and like 99% of all people, do not believe the virus is fake , but that the reaction and lockdowns  to it is overblown. My reaction is the exact same as when the VA Gov announced last Friday he and his wife were positive. This is an highly infectious virus that no matter what side politically you are on, what precautions you take, unless you you want to 100% isolate from the world, you have a chance of contracting the virus. And even then, you may still test positive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/on-parenting/a-hypervigilant-mom-followed-every-health-guideline-she-still-caught-the-coronavirus/2020/06/27/fa119ce2-b654-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html

What i am certain of testing positive does not mean Northam did anything wrong, or immoral, or selfish( one of first states to mandate masks BTW) , and same goes for Trump. 

Neither of these men should be castigated for a positive test for a HIGHLY INFECTIOUS virus. I will castigate Trump for a myriad of reasons, but not this.

As an side, this is most likely my last post at TBD. A certain mod has decided that any and all of my posts deserve warning points, and as it seems her power is all encompassing, i have decided best for me to not support this site any more. I know, crushing right?

I have been friends with E on this board since 2004, so much so even texted him the other day laughing about our early discussions on HD and the type of DVTs etc Directv had way back when. Yes, HD was a topic , one might say "novel" , when i joined this board. 

But my libertarian bent  and love of this country is just to deep  to put up with strong armed censorship of ideas and views, particularly when it is censorship based strictly  a mods point of view. Dictatorship is good when you the dictator. 

Thank you @SDS for the providing the forum, it was a fun 17 years. Wish you all the best!

Enjoyed it yall, 

And for all those that make  the tailgates great, and no longer post here...you bastages are not done with me, i have all you numbers! 

i have reported this post. the following is my report:

I hope this finds each and everyone of you well. The Obnoxious poster here.

As an addendum to my post in the 'discussion of moderation' thread that was closed, this board is changing and I don't believe it is for the better. Being chased away is much of the 'color' that has made this place kind of a unique experience. Between this and the rampant TDS/snowflakeism mindset, it is heading in the toilet.

Paul is one of the better posters here, I just can't fathom why a MOD would want to run him off. Disagree with what he thinks, fine but his arguments are rational and logical, even if I don't agree, I appreciate his perspective.

You're killing this place....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Pretty solid idea.     

Doing my best

I mean ...I see his debate performance was an embarrassment for the ages and the country...but there must be better ways to get out of the second debate🤪

Edited by TH3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/07/21/how-long-should-you-isolate-if-you-test-positive-coronavirus-new-cdc-guidance-says-10-days-not-14/

The CDC had previously recommended people who test positive isolate until they had two negative swabs for the coronavirus — but that turned out to be impractical given the shortage of tests. It now advises most people with active cases of covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, to isolate for 10 days after symptoms begin and 24 hours after their fever has broken. After that, they are free to leave isolation.

For those who have a positive test but are asymptomatic, the public health agency as of Friday recommended isolating 10 days from the testing date.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Blowing up everything! 

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/trump-infection-puts-large-retinue-of-white-house-aides-at-risk

(Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump interacted or traveled with a large coterie of top aides and advisers in the days before he was diagnosed with Covid-19, raising the risk of a widespread outbreak within the White House. The circle of close contacts with the infected president and his wife, Melania, begins with his adviser Hope Hicks, who fell ill on Wednesday night. She traveled with Trump t

Depending on how far the virus spreads through the halls of the West Wing and Congress, as well as the president’s campaign headquarters, much more than Trump’s travel schedule may be derailed. Face-to-face negotiations over another round of economic stimulus may be complicated, and the confirmation process for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett could be delayed.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

E, I am a never Trumper, and like 99% of all people, do not believe the virus is fake , but that the reaction and lockdowns  to it is overblown. My reaction is the exact same as when the VA Gov announced last Friday he and his wife were positive. This is an highly infectious virus that no matter what side politically you are on, what precautions you take, unless you you want to 100% isolate from the world, you have a chance of contracting the virus. And even then, you may still test positive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/on-parenting/a-hypervigilant-mom-followed-every-health-guideline-she-still-caught-the-coronavirus/2020/06/27/fa119ce2-b654-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html

What i am certain of testing positive does not mean Northam did anything wrong, or immoral, or selfish( one of first states to mandate masks BTW) , and same goes for Trump. 

Neither of these men should be castigated for a positive test for a HIGHLY INFECTIOUS virus. I will castigate Trump for a myriad of reasons, but not this.

As an side, this is most likely my last post at TBD. A certain mod has decided that any and all of my posts deserve warning points, and as it seems her power is all encompassing, i have decided best for me to not support this site any more. I know, crushing right?

<snip>

Sorry to hear that, Take care.

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden, also. If he kicks the bucket, which could happen, will Harris be on he ballot? Talk about chaos! 

Depends when he goes.  The whole thing is a mess.  I think it's too late to substitute in some places.  Then the questions become whether any of those states have a law that punishes faithless electors and, if os, whether such law allows an elector to vote for different candidate should the designated candidate die before the electoral college meets.  So, hypothetically speaking, I wonder whether those laws allow an elector in, say, Alabama to vote for Pence should Trump die between now and the time the Electoral College meets in December.  So many complications here.  

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Blowing up everything! 

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/trump-infection-puts-large-retinue-of-white-house-aides-at-risk

(Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump interacted or traveled with a large coterie of top aides and advisers in the days before he was diagnosed with Covid-19, raising the risk of a widespread outbreak within the White House. The circle of close contacts with the infected president and his wife, Melania, begins with his adviser Hope Hicks, who fell ill on Wednesday night. She traveled with Trump t

Depending on how far the virus spreads through the halls of the West Wing and Congress, as well as the president’s campaign headquarters, much more than Trump’s travel schedule may be derailed. Face-to-face negotiations over another round of economic stimulus may be complicated, and the confirmation process for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett could be delayed.

I hope Barrett doesn't get it.  Holy cow.  I didn't even think of that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is it 100% sure you are immune from this after getting it? 

That's a good question and I don't know of any definitive answer from any researchers or virologists.  My best guess based on other corona-viruses and similar viruses like the common cold is that "natural" immunity will be for a limited time.  Like if you get a cold and give it to everybody in the house.  You won't get it again right away but let 4 or 5 months pass and you might.  Whether a vaccine is going to be a lifetime immunization isn't clear either.  My guess it becomes a seasonal shot like the flu.  

• Like (+1) 2