HUGE GAME TONIGHT-Denver Broncos @ New York Jets

HOUSE

6 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

Wow, the man really sounds like he has lost all hope.  It makes me feel sorry for him  I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to get fired.

Bowles was the same way in his last season. Johnsons have never fired a coach mid-season. However, sometimes it's a mercy for all involved to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

No handshakes after the game?

Link

That's fine, but Fangio is an idiot for further exposing his QB.  You are playing a cheap-shot team who has already taken numerous cheap-shots throughout the game and is calling time outs in the last minute of a game that is over.  WTF are you doing having your rookie QB drop back multiple times in the last few seconds??  What did you think the Jets would do??   Just take a knee and give the Jets the ball back.

17 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Another great selection by the NFL for Thursday night Football. This is better then Dolphins/Jags :rolleyes:

Rumor has it Joe Flacco could relieve Sam Darnold then lead the powerful New York Jets to a huge victory hence saving Adam Gase's job.

Youse got to watch this one... The Jets could make a run......8:20 PM

https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/captain-jet-gives-up-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

I didnt even make it out of the first QTR before I turned on Re-Runs of Judge Judy

Listened to Merrill Hoge on Sirius this morning talking about Darnold.  He acknowledged that some of the problems aren't Darnold's fault, like the drops and OL issues.  But he said he has watched every snap this season and even went back to look at his notes out of USC.  Darnold had sloppy footwork coming into the league and Hoge said he has done nothing to clean it up.  The host mentioned Darnold working with Jordan Palmer on mechanics and Hoge basically said, "yes, I'm sure they've addressed how to fix it, but then it is on the player to actually do it."  Hoge talked about Darnold's footwork being so bad that when he tried to avoid a rush last night he tripped and fell down.

And therein, my friends, lies the difference between Sam Darnold and our own Josh Allen.  The "want to."  Josh is doing everything in his power to get better.  Sam apparently thinks it will all just come.

• Like (+1) 2

I live in NYC...and I truly feel bad for Jets fans. They're good people and they have suffered even worse than we Bills fans have. Since 1970 (just after the Jets Super Bowl team), here is what it has been for the last 51 years for each team:

Jets                                                                      Bills

14 winning seasons                                         18 winning seasons

so, 37 losing seasons                                      so, 33 losing seasons

12 playoff appearances                                  15 playoff appearances

only 7 times past the Wild Card                     10 times past the Wild Card game

4 Conference Game appearances                  5 Conference Game appearances

0 Super Bowl appearances                              4 Super Bowl appearances

However, the owners and current management and coaches of the Jets do not allow me to have any sympathy for the team itself. I'm glad to see them crashing and burning.

Gase is a joke as a head coach (and an offensive coordinator). It was obvious in Miami. Why the Jets hired him after that, I'll never know (kind of like us hiring Rex after everything fell apart in New York). Since those first two years with Peyton Manning in Denver, here are the rankings of this so-called genius' offenses:

Year (team)(Pos)     Yards         Points           Team Record:

2015 (CHI---OC)       16th             23rd                   6-10

2016 (MIA---HC)       29th            17th                   10-6

2017 (MIA---HC)       25th            28th                    6-10

2018 (MIA---HC)       30th            26th                     7-9

2019(NYJ---HC)        27th            31st                     7-9

2020 (NYJ---HC)       31st            31st                     0-4

And the NFL should have never reinstated Gregg Williams. He has not changed his ways. He is still a dirty MotherF#(ker and there is no doubt that he still coaches his players to injure other players. I mentioned it in a post after our week one game against them. The Jets were trying to lay out our wide receivers all game. And the idea that he is a defensive genius seems a bit overblown to me too.

He has been a defensive coordinator or Head Coach for 22 years. In that time, his defenses have only finished top 10 in both yards and points allowed 5 times. That's it. Five times in 22 years. And he has had 10 seasons where his defense didn't crack the top 15 in yards or points allowed. In 15 of the 22 seasons, his defenses finished 14th or lower in yards allowed (8 of those were 21st or lower, with two 30th place rankings and a 31st place ranking in there too). The guy is way more trouble than he is worth. He needs to just take his air horns and go home.

Edited by folz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This is the type of presser that would make even Jimmy Spags want to cry uncle. 

@Jimmy Spagnola?  Whatcha got?

45 minutes ago, folz said:

I live in NYC...and I truly feel bad for Jets fans. They're good people and they have suffered even worse than we Bills fans have. Since 1970 (just after the Jets Super Bowl team), here is what it has been for the last 51 years for each team:

Jets                                                                      Bills

14 winning seasons                                         18 winning seasons

so, 37 losing seasons                                      so, 33 losing seasons

12 playoff appearances                                  15 playoff appearances

only 7 times past the Wild Card                     10 times past the Wild Card game

4 Conference Game appearances                  5 Conference Game appearances

0 Super Bowl appearances                              4 Super Bowl appearances

However, the owners and current management and coaches of the Jets do not allow me to have any sympathy for the team itself. I'm glad to see them crashing and burning.

Gase is a joke as a head coach (and an offensive coordinator). It was obvious in Miami. Why the Jets hired him after that, I'll never know (kind of like us hiring Rex after everything fell apart in New York). Since those first two years with Peyton Manning in Denver, here are the rankings of this so-called genius' offenses:

Year (team)(Pos)     Yards         Points           Team Record:

2015 (CHI---OC)       16th             23rd                   6-10

2016 (MIA---HC)       29th            17th                   10-6

2017 (MIA---HC)       25th            28th                    6-10

2018 (MIA---HC)       30th            26th                     7-9

2019(NYJ---HC)        27th            31st                     7-9

2020 (NYJ---HC)       31st            31st                     0-4

And the NFL should have never reinstated Gregg Williams. He has not changed his ways. He is still a dirty MotherF#(ker and there is no doubt that he still coaches his players to injure other players. I mentioned it in a post after our week one game against them. The Jets were trying to lay out our wide receivers all game. And the idea that he is a defensive genius seems a bit overblown to me too.

He has been a defensive coordinator or Head Coach for 22 years. In that time, his defenses have only finished top 10 in both yards and points allowed 5 times. That's it. Five times in 22 years. And he has had 10 seasons where his defense didn't crack the top 15 in yards or points allowed. In 15 of the 22 seasons, his defenses finished 14th or lower in yards allowed (8 of those were 21st or lower, with two 30th place rankings and a 31st place ranking in there too). The guy is way more trouble than he is worth. He needs to just take his air horns and go home.

I tend to believe we Bills fans have suffered more, more recently.

But you make a persuasive case for the long-term equity of suffering

I See No Lies about Gase or about Williams.  My hope is that Fangio will file some kind of grievance with the league (or the NFLPA will) or Gase will take action.

Gase certainly seemed hot about the Personal Foul penalties.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

@Jimmy Spagnola?  Whatcha got?

I tend to believe we Bills fans have suffered more, more recently.

But you make a persuasive case for the long-term equity of suffering

I See No Lies about Gase or about Williams.  My hope is that Fangio will file some kind of grievance with the league (or the NFLPA will) or Gase will take action.

Gase certainly seemed hot about the Personal Foul penalties.

That and someone needs to look at that field it's getting ridiculous how many people are getting hurt on it.

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

No handshakes after the game?

Link

In the postgame meeting with reporters, Fangio explained his actions:

#Broncos coach Vic Fangio on urging his players to get off the field right after beating the Jets: "There were a couple personal fouls there at the end. Our sideline was getting pissed off about it and I wanted to avoid any confrontation at the end of the game."

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That and someone needs to look at that field again it's getting ridiculous how many people are getting hurt on it.

Agreed and FIFY, since NFL/NFLPA already looked and said "it's good!".

But IMO it clearly isn't good.  I'm not scared of the Jets, but I'm scared of Dirty Williams and his Dirty Players, and I'm scared of that field.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Listened to Merrill Hoge on Sirius this morning talking about Darnold.  He acknowledged that some of the problems aren't Darnold's fault, like the drops and OL issues.  But he said he has watched every snap this season and even went back to look at his notes out of USC.  Darnold had sloppy footwork coming into the league and Hoge said he has done nothing to clean it up.  The host mentioned Darnold working with Jordan Palmer on mechanics and Hoge basically said, "yes, I'm sure they've addressed how to fix it, but then it is on the player to actually do it."  Hoge talked about Darnold's footwork being so bad that when he tried to avoid a rush last night he tripped and fell down.

And therein, my friends, lies the difference between Sam Darnold and our own Josh Allen.  The "want to."  Josh is doing everything in his power to get better.  Sam apparently thinks it will all just come.

But... I thought he was actually the best QB ever and would be a first ballot Hall of Famer if only he had a better surrounding cast.... that’s so obvious right? Every time anyone says anything about him it includes the excuse that if he had a better situation, he would be amazing!

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But... I thought he was actually the best QB ever and would be a first ballot Hall of Famer if only he had a better surrounding cast.... that’s so obvious right? Every time anyone says anything about him it includes the excuse that if he had a better situation, he would be amazing!

He's the anti-Allen.  Since everyone predicted him to be great, excuses abound.  Confirmation bias.

• Like (+1) 1