The End of the Lamar Jackson Era

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said since the beginning of the year that I'm not buying the Lamar Jackson hype, and I'm not buying the Kyler Murray hype, either.   I know they are really special athletes, and they're a couple

Say it with me..."We don't have to tear down Lamar, to prop Josh up".   Lamar is a phenomenal player and deserves his place at the "elite of the elite" table. Josh is well on his way to earn

Eh. I would be pissed if JA had a clunker and the rest of the league said, see! I told you he wasn't any good! I don't think we should do the same to LJ.    Tonight seemed as much about LJ h

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i am SICK of hearing fans, analysts, and trolls whether it be here, Reddit, espn, nfl network, cbs, whatever/wherever say that LJ was and is the best QB in the class. I’m sick and tired of all the bills disrespect. It’s time for them to eat all the possible crow there is.

GO JOSH. GO BILLS. AND GO BUFFALO!!!!!

The one thing Allen needs to do to prove he's the best is come out next season and prove he wasn't some one year wonder.  Doesn't even need to be as good, just play decent.  Then he'll get all the praise.

In fact, you could make the argument Jackson was a one year wonder to some extent.

• Like (+1) 2
4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We were there last year.  It happens sometimes to good players.

Allen did not give the game away against the Texans last year. He did everything he could to keep us in it. Allen didn't have his best game today but he made no big mistakes and managed the game. That's winning playoff football.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2
8 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i am SICK of hearing fans, analysts, and trolls whether it be here, Reddit, espn, nfl network, cbs, whatever/wherever say that LJ was and is the best QB in the class. I’m sick and tired of all the bills disrespect. It’s time for them to eat all the possible crow there is.

GO JOSH. GO BILLS. AND GO BUFFALO!!!!!

I don't care as much about hearing it on TV. But I'm all on board with you when it's here. Acknowledge talent on other teams but realize that the team you supposedly back is head and shoulders above Lamar...I mean other talent.

Edited by Rick 'r Mortis
  • Like (+1) 1
9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Y'know, this could just be me, but it seems in poor taste to bump this, much less sticky it, when the guy went out injured with the 4Q left to play.

He was not playing well enough to win before injury so he just avoided embarassment.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Meanwhile Schoop thinks they need better wideouts.  They dont run real plays!!! Everything is a scramble drill.  

Brown is a good WR.  They replaced one Brown with another.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Actually... it could be that we weren't prepared for him, but it looked better because he could throw the ball.

Lemur would make a good RB for him.  If he can catch maybe he can be Ravens' version of ‎Christian McCaffrey.

• Haha (+1) 1
3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

There are better looks than mocking the opponent who got concussed out of the game after his Center screwed him over.

I mocked him before we played Ravens in playoff game and see no reason to stop now.

• Like (+1) 1
7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The one thing Allen needs to do to prove he's the best is come out next season and prove he wasn't some one year wonder.  Doesn't even need to be as good, just play decent.  Then he'll get all the praise.

Shouldn't be a problem

Allen:

2018 Games 1-6      61.8 rating

2018 Games 7-12    72.6 rating

2019 Games 13-20  82.9 rating

2019 Games 21-27  88.8 rating

2020 Games 29-36 102.4 rating

2020 Games 40-46 111.6 rating

2021 ???

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think LJ is an extremely exciting QB to watch, but exciting does not make you HOF. Marvin Harrison was a "boring reciever" but is still one of the best all time. Exciting and great often go together but not always. i also feel this is the appropriate time to point out that a certain west coast fan on here called me a racist for stating nothing other that I thought Josh would be better than LJ about 10 months ago, he thankfully was wrong and i was right.

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen did not give the game away against the Texans last year. He did everything he could to keep us in it. Allen didn't have his best game today but he made no big mistakes and managed the game. That's winning playoff football.

I agree, but he made some mistakes that if he had executed, could have won it.  Other Ravens players *cough* Mekari *cough* made mistakes.

My point is: why not be thrilled that our D "cowboyed up" and we won, instead of dumping on a player who got (unfortunately, and cleanly) injured?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
16 minutes ago, Doc said:

I felt bad for Lamar initially.  Then I realized he's going to be making huge bucks soon and I didn't anymore.

Honestly Idk if the ravens will pay him the big bucks. Maybe some other team will overpay for him. He’s a one truck pony at QB. I think the NFL has figured him out and he didn’t adjust his game this season

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I can’t tell you how happy I was to completely shut him down.  I can’t stand him as an NFL quarterback 

Get some sleep, and looking for to thoughts in no particular order, so take you’re Tylenol pm, eat you’re wheatties, and you and Shaw, put you’re thoughts together.

• Thank you (+1) 1
Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Get some sleep, and looking for to thoughts in no particular order, so take you’re Tylenol pm, eat you’re wheatties, and you and Shaw, put you’re thoughts together.

You’ll have them in the morning

• Like (+1) 1
21 minutes ago, DJB said:

Lamar and that offense has been figured out. He can't pass efficiently enough so just load the box and stop the run. 

Great call by the OP

His "one trick" is still good enough to beat 80% of the teams in the league and secure a 10-6 ecord or better every year. Not bad. You could do a lot worse. But glad we have #17.