Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I can't the only one nervous as ***** about this game all of a sudden right?

It seems like you still think we are an average team. You need to start thinking of us like you think about teams like the Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, etc. How would you feel if one of those teams were playing Las Vegas?

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

More about it actually happening than the actual game.

With the news about the Saints player testing negative ( happy for him and us), and the league saying the Saints games is happening,  we are playing!

Nothing can save the Raiders from the whooping they are about to get!!

The silver and black will be black and blue!!

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is this when we share gameday drug regimens? 

Or should that technically be its own topic?

Here is fine!

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They have NO wideouts. Double waller, and they have no pass game.

The run game and converting 3rd downs is all they need.  Jacobs is a stud.  Injured OL or not, if we don’t making him the focus, he’s gonna have a huge day

50 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It seems like you still think we are an average team. You need to start thinking of us like you think about teams like the Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, etc. How would you feel if one of those teams were playing Las Vegas?

You mean like two weeks ago when the saints travelled west and got wrecked?

the Bills are 1-11 all time playing @raiders.  

we’re still the bills.  We’ve played 3 games. Two of which vs the Jets and Fins.  Two of which we blew leads and had to have JA lead us to a comeback.  

It’s an nfl game. I think we win, but it won’t be easy.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You mean like two weeks ago when the saints travelled west and got wrecked?

the Bills are 1-11 all time playing @raiders.  

we’re still the bills.  We’ve played 3 games. Two of which vs the Jets and Fins.  Two of which we blew leads and had to have JA lead us to a comeback.  

It’s an nfl game. I think we win, but it won’t be easy.

The Saints aren't good.

"We're still the Bills." What the hell is that supposed to mean?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

We're in the top.three offenses in the league and I don't see the raiders stopping us.

The raiders D doesn’t match up well with the bills offense on paper. But all it takes is a few turnovers and lack of execution as we know. And the D can’t let them run all over them and control the clock. 

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

More about it actually happening than the actual game.

What happened 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm strangely confident/calm about this game. My trust in McDermott to get the defense fixed and the huge expected difference in the health of the Bills and Raiders today leads me to believe that we'll score a bunch on their defense and then limit the damage that Waller and Jacobs can inflict on the other side.

Most importantly, the massive leap Josh Allen seems to have taken in his development gives me faith that we are never out of any game and can outscore teams in shootouts which is a fun feeling that we haven't experienced in ages...probably since the Bledsoe years? 

Bills 34 - the Fighting Grudens 21

P.S. Many thanks to the Raiders for the assist in drafting Ed Oliver! Ferrell looks like a decent player this year but I'd rather have our guy!

26 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Saints aren't good.

"We're still the Bills." What the hell is that supposed to mean?

good teams still lose to teams they should beat.  It happens on a weekly basis.  The Raiders aren’t terrible.  

it means exactly what it says.  3-0 and all of a sudden we’re invincible playing a road game on the west coast vs a team that we’ve only beaten one time, EVER, in their house?  We should win.  Doesn’t mean it’s a sure thing or you’d bet your life savings on the Bills money line  

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

good teams still lose to teams they should beat.  It happens on a weekly basis.  The Raiders aren’t terrible.  

it means exactly what it says.  3-0 and all of a sudden we’re invincible playing a road game on the west coast vs a team that we’ve only beaten one time, EVER, in their house?  We should win.  Doesn’t mean it’s a sure thing or you’d bet your life savings on the Bills money line  

I mean we've played them twice in their house in the last 10 years. Yes we lost to them both times, but this team and coach has never played them either.

Not to mention the fan effect is zero.

38 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It would scare me today if they let up 21 points to a team so decimated by injuries.

I think today is the day we find out if our defense is going to be a massive issue for the rest of the season or if it was a early season issue. 

if we can't stop the Raiders today we are in big trouble going forward with our schedule. Allen and the offense won't be able to bail out the team every week. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I mean we've played them twice in their house in the last 10 years. Yes we lost to them both times, but this team and coach has never played them either.

Not to mention the fan effect is zero.

Looks like my original statement of the bills only winning once all time @ raiders Is false.  We’ve won 5 times.  Last win, 1992. 

like I’ve said, multiple times, I think we win.....but people acting like we have no chance to lose are delusional 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Looks like my original statement of the bills only winning once all time @ raiders Is false.  We’ve won 5 times.  Last win, 1992. 

like I’ve said, multiple times, I think we win.....but people acting like we have no chance to lose are delusional 

I figured you only went back a couple decades. No biggie 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We've literally never lost in their house.... 

25 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. But I think we can both agree that the non-existent record of previous bills teams don’t matter in this case. 😛

kinda sorta.  Some teams play well/terrible traveling East to west and vice versa.  It certainly doesn’t decide the game before its played but to say it means nothing is a bit far fetched. Just my opinion of course.

9 minutes ago, billsherd said:

For pre game TV, what does everyone prefer? ESPN or NFL Network?

Never ESPN

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

....certainly...BUT......Bflo has had too many instances historically where they lost to teams they should have beaten and did the 180 against teams that were penciled in as a "L".....sure there is the "on ANY given Sunday" adage, but hopefully we're a better team of consistency now...stay tuned..............

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

kinda sorta.  Some teams play well/terrible traveling East to west and vice versa.  It certainly doesn’t decide the game before its played but to say it means nothing is a bit far fetched. Just my opinion of course.

Never ESPN

I get that, but we haven’t seen that from a McD team. Our one trip to the west coast was a disaster, but that was Peterman day. Hard to say that’s indicative. 

2 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I'm strangely confident/calm about this game. My trust in McDermott to get the defense fixed and the huge expected difference in the health of the Bills and Raiders today leads me to believe that we'll score a bunch on their defense and then limit the damage that Waller and Jacobs can inflict on the other side.

Most importantly, the massive leap Josh Allen seems to have taken in his development gives me faith that we are never out of any game and can outscore teams in shootouts which is a fun feeling that we haven't experienced in ages...probably since the Bledsoe years? 

Bills 34 - the Fighting Grudens 21

P.S. Many thanks to the Raiders for the assist in drafting Ed Oliver! Ferrell looks like a decent player this year but I'd rather have our guy!

Same. I’m very confident and the BBFS has tried to pop up, but there’s just honestly no room for it in my brain after last week and I don’t really know how to handle that.

As Billsy as the collapse was last week, I sat there confident we would win and for the first time in my life, that confidence paid off. It was a life changing feeling. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Not sure about you guys but I hated last weeks game. I hate losing big leads. Hopefully that won't happen again this year.

I feel fairly certain your sentiment is shared across the board and universally in the Bills locker room

Hopefully, but the other side of the ball gets paid too

Maybe time to switch to the Pregame thread?  I'll leave this open but unpin it.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I get that, but we haven’t seen that from a McD team. Our one trip to the west coast was a disaster, but that was Peterman day. Hard to say that’s indicative. 

Same. I’m very confident and the BBFS has tried to pop up, but there’s just honestly no room for it in my brain after last week and I don’t really know how to handle that.

As Billsy as the collapse was last week, I sat there confident we would win and for the first time in my life, that confidence paid off. It was a life changing feeling. 

Hahaha!  Felt good huh?  I felt the same.  Once they called the interception, I had the BBFS telling me “here we go again.  We’re about to blow it”.  I felt that way until the rams scored and took the lead.  At that point, I knew we had enough time....and Josh Allen.  There was no way we were going to lose.