Week 4: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

Steve Tasker and Chris Brown calling for 8-day quarantine/suspension of all Raiders who attended event. If you're the Bills, how do you play this game? And what about all the players who came in contact with the players who went to the event? This game can't be played safely.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Steve Tasker and Chris Brown calling for 8-day quarantine/suspension of all Raiders who attended event. If you're the Bills, how do you play this game?

There needs to be some consequences - how stupid of them, they knew the NFL protocol but went out anyway.  So dumb.  Even if no one gets sick, you're risking the entire team, maybe the league!  Yeesh...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Health risks aside do you understand how badly this could ***** up our season if they spread to a bunch of our players?

Absolutely..  I just have faith in the NFL protocols as evidenced by the Vikings having no positive cases. (knock on wood it stays that way)

It's absolutely frustrating though, especially on the heels of the Titans issues.

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a feeling, they will do that. Hodgins is able to come off IR - I wonder if he gets the call or will it be Duke? 

I'd say Duke you can only pull the pin on that grenade once for Hodgins doesn't seem like they want to risk him going through waivers.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, MJS said:

Their coach is part of the problem. I highly doubt the Raiders will do more than the required hand slap. The NFL needs to be the ones passing judgments on them.

If I were the Bills I'd send an advance team in disinfect their locker room with a fine-toothed cloroxed comb

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, it is organizational indifference. Terrible look for the raiders, gruden, their GM, and ownership 

I think I've read Mark Davis wasn't happy but he's the owner.  if that is true, it starts with him. It is much easier for me to get angry at Gruden for some reason haha

9 minutes ago, stevewin said:

If I were the Bills I'd send an advance team in disinfect their locker room with a fine-toothed cloroxed comb

Can we line up the Raiders players and coaches and disinfect them too? Make them drink some hand sanitizer?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Steve Tasker and Chris Brown calling for 8-day quarantine/suspension of all Raiders who attended event. If you're the Bills, how do you play this game? And what about all the players who came in contact with the players who went to the event? This game can't be played safely.

Why? They get tested daily. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Why? They get tested daily. 

This is where i'm at - I trust the league protocols to keep our guys safe, but I completely understand the anger towards the Raiders...  

A)  Look at the Vikings, no positives, but because they played a team that has positives the day after their game, they have to shut down for a few days.

B)  Integrity of the season.. Last thing the NFL needs is a Miami Marlins situation.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They get paid lots of money and chose to do this. I have no choice and have been going to work the whole time this is going on... I don't make nearly as much as them. Play the game... Simple.

My job didn't get shut down when a few people got Covid... Actually the company chose to not say anything and people had to find out through word of mouth.

Just now, SCBills said:

This is where i'm at, but I completely understand the anger towards the Raiders...  

A)  Look at the Vikings, no positives, but because they played a team that has positives the day after their game, they have to shut down for a few days.

B)  Integrity of the season.. Last thing the NFL needs is a Miami Marlins situation.  

Oh yea no doubt, I am not commenting or questioning why fans are angry at the Raiders. I just think its silly to call for the game to be cancelled right now lol. If positive tests start popping up between now and Sunday then I could completed understand those calls. 

37 minutes ago, Heitz said:

There needs to be some consequences - how stupid of them, they knew the NFL protocol but went out anyway.  So dumb.  Even if no one gets sick, you're risking the entire team, maybe the league!  Yeesh...

'The Vegas Wind'

The Vegas Wind is a pirate
Blustering from the Mojave Desert you see,
With a sickening song, he spreads droplets along,
Swaggering carelessly.
His face is unmasked, weather beaten.
He swears, is rude and is brash,
With a tinfoil hat on his head,
And a bristling defiant panache.

He shrugs as he roams the country,
A footballer big and bold.
And other teams all shake and quiver and quake,