Happy with the win, not happy with the coaching staff

Beast

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Was it the coaches who kept blowing coverage on Kupp and Woods? 

Looked like it was the cornerbacks from where I was sitting but that is just me.

Well, when you have Edmunds in coverage, that will happen sometimes. 

We played zone and they tore us up on play action crossing plays 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, XXI~PsychedelicBillsfan~ said:

it's always cool to complain right after a win.

no need for any type of celebration (especially after a comeback win they were sure to lose in the past).

on to the raaaaaaaiders, man.

I think you can rest assured we've all done a fair share of celebrating after the game today. Now we're talking about how it went from a sure thing to a near collapse.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

McVay did a phenomenal job. I would have to look at the all22 but I didn't feel like the Bills were in the wrong defense that often. It just looked like whenever they stacked Woods and Kupp off the line our corners really got confused and tied up in coverage.

think the dbs were peeking to give run support too much  This defense cant stop the run period and that sets up everything the Rams do  McVay made adjustments and to his credit stuck with the run

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

It was the coaches that got wat from runn8ng the ball with a 18-25 point lea.

And the coaches deserve criticism on the defensive side of the ball as well. Remember the blitzing getting to Goff in the first half? The coaching staff apparently didn’t.

Sorry you can’t see the obvious.

After they scored to get to 28:

First drive - 1st play Singletary for 8 called back for a hold, repeat 1st down and 18 Josh throws the supposed pick.

Second drive - okay fair enough we went pass, pass, pass.

Third drive - run, run, pass, sack which meant being behind the sticks and forced another attempted pass and ended in a fumble. 

That one drive in the middle could we have ran it once or twice? Yep. But the mistakes took the run away - penalties and sacks. You have to put the context in it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

It reminded me of them folding in Houston last year.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Honestly, what happened today in the 2nd half was inexcusable.

The lambs are a better team than Atlanta last year. That said Mcd's gameday coaching has always been suspect. imo.

No excuse for Sean and Leslie. The plays that McVay kept running with Woods and Kupp they had no answer for. They couldn't tackle or stop the run. They played like they were accepting defeat. Dabol was great. He let Josh play his game. He rose to the occasion and put the team on his back. Diggs, Beasley and Davis are as good as it gets. 

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

It reminded me of them folding in Houston last year.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Honestly, what happened today in the 2nd half was inexcusable.

Ever since the Texans game our 2nd half defense just flat out quits. You absolutely can't have a 28-3 lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and let them score 29 unanswered points so quickly and easily. This defense needs a complete overhaul.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

It was the coaches that got away from running the ball with a 18-25 point lea.

And the coaches deserve criticism on the defensive side of the ball as well. Remember the blitzing getting to Goff in the first half? The coaching staff apparently didn’t.

Sorry you can’t see the obvious.

This is stupid. There was one drive where they "really" got away from running the ball. ONE drive. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

yeah, there is plenty to be upset about, but the Rams are a legit team and an offensive powerhouse. McVay is considered a play design genius and absolutely torched Schwartz's defense in Philly last week. 

We beat a good team. They get paid too

EDIT: HAHAHA dumbass me misread the tite

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

After they scored to get to 28:

First drive - 1st play Singletary for 8 called back for a hold, repeat 1st down and 18 Josh throws the supposed pick.

Second drive - okay fair enough we went pass, pass, pass.

Third drive - run, run, pass, sack which meant being behind the sticks and forced another attempted pass and ended in a fumble. 

That one drive in the middle could we have ran it once or twice? Yep. But the mistakes took the run away - penalties and sacks. You have to put the context in it.

Just now, Beast said:

That simply isn't true.

Tell me more...

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills did whatever they wanted offensively in the first half. The Rams did the same in the 2nd half. 

The defense has been exposed in the 2nd half of games the past two weeks. It's concerning. 

I trust this staff to be able to correct and fix what needs to be. They’ve earned the expectation that they can and will. 

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ever since the Texans game our 2nd half defense just flat out quits. You absolutely can't have a 28-3 lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and let them score 29 unanswered points so quickly and easily. This defense needs a complete overhaul.

Agree, that’s beyond the Rams having a great offense. It’s a greater problem that needs to be addressed. The Rams scored fast and frequently, defense scheming alone should be enough to avoid such a fast defensive collapse, even if you are overmatched. 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Complete? I really disagree with that. Secondary is one of the best in the league. Milano is awesome. 

I think we need a run stuffing tackle and linebacker for early downs and we're solid.

• Like (+1) 1