Not expecting to see Edmunds or Milano this week

Rubes

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The loss of Edmunds was obvious with Fitz throwing like he did but I think we have a high quality backup in Dodson for Milano. I hope we have both back but I think we can survive Milano much better.

Dodson was playing Edmunds role. That was my issue with the defense IMO. Milano makes a huge difference in this defense. He’s the best LB we have. If Milano is out again, our best bet is to play Dodson as the MLB and Edmunds outside. I want the guy that can run better to play WLB. That’s why it aggravated me to see Klein play Milanos role. They should have switched the 2 against Miami.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

Fair point! We'll see. As I said, maybe they'll be healthy enough to play. I hope so...

Why hold them out because it's the Dolphins, but not the Rams? Dolphins game is far more important (divisional game and AFC game).

Wins are more important than losses that might help you out in tiebreaker situations. If that loss becomes a win, the tiebreaker disappears as an issue.

In other words, the fact that a win is against an NFC team ONLY matters in tiebreaker situations. I'm for avoiding tiebreaker situations.

Edited by dave mcbride

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The loss of Edmunds was obvious with Fitz throwing like he did but I think we have a high quality backup in Dodson for Milano. I hope we have both back but I think we can survive Milano much better.

You do know that Dodson was in for Edmunds right. Hopefully if Edmunds is back then Dodson can play Milano position

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dodson was playing Edmunds role. That was my issue with the defense IMO. Milano makes a huge difference in this defense. He’s the best LB we have. If Milano is out again, our best bet is to play Dodson as the MLB and Edmunds outside. I want the guy that can run better to play WLB. That’s why it aggravated me to see Klein play Milanos role. They should have switched the 2 against Miami.

Great Point. 

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unless Edmunds has a tear in the shoulder I suspect he will play. 

What’s crazy is Frazier said last week he’d be surprised if they both didn’t play last week.... they’ve been listed as day-to-day the entire time.

We will find out tomorrow. I’d expect limited both Wednesday and Thursday.... Milano be a DNP for tomorrow.  

One fan mentioned it’s not really an important game. All games are important especially home games. Milano though is a big question mark. I’d bet Edmunds will be good for Sunday.

38 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You'll never see Edmunds on the outside. McD and Frazier want that opposing QB cringing at the sight of that monster in the middle, prior to every snap.

And Gase probably considers the end of season tie-breakers in his early season decisions. But real coaches get their teams to bust their asses for every win, and let the tie-breakers fall where they may.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

Our defense was clearly weakened by the losses of Edmunds and Milano. Those two are essential and we don't have backups that can do what they do. We had no answer to Fitz (Fitz!) and the Dolphins attack, although at least part of that was probably due to heat and exhaustion. Nevertheless, we need those two back badly.

Not this week, though. I don't expect to see either of them on the field against the Rams. It's possible Edmunds dresses, but I don't expect to see him play unless needed. Why?

- Non-conference game, doesn't mean much (despite old prior threads)

- Still in first place even if we lose

- Still undefeated in the division and conference even if we lose

- Brutal stretch of 5 consecutive AFC games coming up after (Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots)

- Need them as healthy as possible for those five games, the AFC is at stake

Unless they're both near 100%, give them time to rest and heal up. We're gonna need them much more in a couple of weeks.

Young man go to your room! Don't come back out until you rediscover your fandom and disregard common sense.

I’ll have to trust the coaches, players and trainers to do what’s best. It’s all I can do........

BUT - when’s the last time you felt we might stand a chance in a shootout? Seriously! That thought I find exciting! Last year I was hoping to win 13-10 type games. This is a totally different looking offense! It’s time for the offense to carry us to some victories when needed. 

The problem with your point is that if they expected them to miss more than 3 games they both would be on IR. So you gonna tell me they sacrificed 2 roster spots over 3 weeks for the Raiders game instead of IR. I say they both play this week because that is what the staff was expecting, otherwise one if not both would have been on the 3 gam IR before the Fish game. 

Edited by thronethinker

5 hours ago, Rubes said:

Our defense was clearly weakened by the losses of Edmunds and Milano. Those two are essential and we don't have backups that can do what they do. We had no answer to Fitz (Fitz!) and the Dolphins attack, although at least part of that was probably due to heat and exhaustion. Nevertheless, we need those two back badly.

Not this week, though. I don't expect to see either of them on the field against the Rams. It's possible Edmunds dresses, but I don't expect to see him play unless needed. Why?

- Brutal stretch of 5 consecutive AFC games coming up after (Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Patriots)

Unless they're both near 100%, give them time to rest and heal up. We're gonna need them much more in a couple of weeks.

Step outside and face me while you say this, that’s all I have to say about this. 

I mean, shorten it a bit, knock back a paragraph or two, maybe eliminate the bullet points and whatnot, it’s getting chilly early this time of year and I haven’t had my flu shot yet. 

I hope you are wrong, hence my fury. 

The Bills are actually relatively fortunate thus far with injuries when you look around the league. Virtually no one is playing at full strength and many teams have Already lost cornerstone players for the season. These two players are not on IR and McDermott said he doesn’t think they are long term injuries. They will be back in due time and the Bills should feel lucky that they have everyone else. Even the Knox concussion should theoretically be short term. 

• Like (+1) 2

They'll definitely keep it vague for as long as possible. Edmunds and Milano are really good against the rams strengths (play action and passes to tight ends) so they'll want to keep the rams guessing when they try and game plan for our defense. 

If they can play theyre going to play. Youre making it sound like this game is meaningless. 

6 hours ago, Rubes said:

20 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Edmunds participated in 2 full practices last week. I do feel that the Bills were confidence they could get by with Dodson for a week.  

I have a feeling that he’ll play this week.  I can see Milano sitting for another participated

he participated in two full practices, but I can’t imagine he was a full participant 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he participated in two full practices, but I can’t imagine he was a full participant 

I believe he was.  He’s pretty close.  In comparison, Milano wasn’t even at practice, which isn’t good but it also means they expect him back sooner than 3 games.