You will be arrested if you go to the Bills Stadium on Sunday

T&C

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The streets have not been closed to the public which would warrant trespassing charges?

It's not like the police aren't trying to arrest or charge anyone caught looting or burning down buildings. 

no offense , but have no idea what point you are making 

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The streets have not been closed to the public which would warrant trespassing charges?

It's not like the police aren't trying to arrest or charge anyone caught looting or burning down buildings. 

GIF | Gfycat

Some police departments out there are actively not arresting violent protesters because the police are "protesting" that some of their members are being suspended while under investigation for murder. 

7 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

what? 

attending the football game is breaking the law that was set. just sit at home and watch the game like everyone else is doing in the world. 

this is why everyone makes fun of americans . so much stupidity in this thread its embarrassing. 

my point is that compared to "breaking the law" trying to attend a football game or looting and throwing frozen water bottles at the police should be enforced equally!arresting a friggin guy wanting to watch a football game ? maybe a warning?? 

4 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

my point is that compared to "breaking the law" trying to attend a football game or looting and throwing frozen water bottles at the police should be enforced equally!arresting a friggin guy wanting to watch a football game ? maybe a warning?? 

They literally DID warn people.  We've all been warned.  Then, if you do it...you get arrested.

17 hours ago, T&C said:

I will take the over 

17 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

what? 

attending the football game is breaking the law that was set. just sit at home and watch the game like everyone else is doing in the world. 

this is why everyone makes fun of americans . so much stupidity in this thread its embarrassing. 

Foreigners read this thread?

7 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

those protesters who threw stuff at police got arrested, gassed, beaten in the streets like animals. 

you want equal treatment? Maybe they should gas fans who enter the stadium. 

Edited by Penfield45

11 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Why can 17,000 fans go to the game in KC last nite and noone can go to the Bills game?  

Makes no sense whatsoever.  Do all you posters on here who live in WNY actually like living in such a tyrannical environment?  I get the Buffalo News on line everyday.  I used to actually like reading it beyond just about the Bills and Sabres.  But now every article is something about Covid.  Its insane.  I delete the e mail everyday now.  No wonder so many are so scared.  If that's all you read about, how else would one think?  Much sympathies to you all from Paup.  I get to love the Bills and live where we actually have freedom to choose how we want to live.  Go Bills!!

I don't think I'm an easily scared person.  In my teens I was an EMT and worked a major ER in Boston.  I've faced down some stuff.  I'm science- and data-driven and basically don't watch TV news; I mostly get my pandemic information from scientists I respect and data sources I can vet.  If "tyrannical environment" means one in which covid-19 response is driven by sound epidemiology vs. politics, religion, and perceived economic gain, I would gladly live there in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure exactly where you live that you're "free to live exactly how you want to live", but here in Missouri where epidemiology has taken a firm back seat to politics, most of us aren't, in fact, "free" in that regard, especially our Seniors and people with preexisting conditions common to about 45% of Americans like hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and heart disease.  It was likely poor public health policy to let those 17,000 people into Arrowhead as the diagnosed level of covid-19 cases indicates that it's near certainty that in a gathering of 1000 people someone will be infected, and a cluster of cases are quite likely to result from it, but we aren't driving MO with public health policy.

Let's leave the "tyrannical response" aside and insert a few facts about Missouri's response to the pandemic.  Shutdowns and mask ordinances are left to individual counties, which doesn't work worth crap because when restaurants and shops in County A are closed, people just drive 10 miles to County B and dine in or shop.   We've been rockin' along >10% test positivity for weeks now, meaning we have no freakin' clue how bad the pandemic actually is in MO because we aren't testing nearly enough.  We haven't been below the 5% metric suggested for reopening since June 21.

It's quite difficult to get a test here.   I had a friend with 103 degree fever, aches, chills, took me all afternoon to find a place where she could get a test in 3 days (!!!!) and results took 10 days to come back.  Sick or exposed people understandably don't want to wait in line for hours to get tested with that turn-around Meaningful contact tracing can't take place in those circs.  We don't have much contact tracing and public cooperation with contact tracing is poor in any event so exposure is usually unknown.  Covid-19 in MO has moved from primarily in urban areas with good hospital capacity, to rural areas with limited hospital capacity serving populations where obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure are common.  That's where a lot of my relatives live and we're scared for them.  On a per capita basis the NW and SE of the state are "red" with covid-19 cases, which means the clock is ticking on virus getting into the rural congregate living facilities via the staff (who are not being routinely tested).  Most people echo our governor who says "I'm not going to tell people to wear a Dang Mask!"  Easy, common sense infection precautions are rare outside hospitals. 

Covid-19 has devastated nursing homes in our state without any policy requiring covid-19 patients to be re-admitted - it comes in via staff.  A friend's dad's facility considered to be quite good - 90 residents: 66 got covid-19, 29 died of it (he survived).  That's a 44% infection fatality rate (since the whole facility was tested).  Meanwhile our elders are totally isolated, bereft of the regular family visits that gave pleasure and meaning to their lives.  I am scared for my Mom's life now as she is in a rehab center (aka "nursing home") recovering from 2 surgically repaired broken bones.  Yes, she has a pre-existing condition, heart disease, but it's been stable and controlled for years.   If she contracts covid-19 and dies, "congestive heart failure" will be listed on her death certificate but she will die of covid-19.  Without it, she could easily live for another decade with the CHF and see her granddaughter graduate, get married, and have kids.  Until the fall she was living independently, driving, cooking for herself, doing her own laundry, no personal care needed.

The "perceived economic gain" bit isn't working too well.   A lot of the public here are still staying home in droves and deferring their spending on vacations, home remodeling etc. This includes many of my neighbors who are staunch supporters of the President but independent in their information gathering and believe science (vs people who claim to be independent but suck all their info off Infowars, Breitbart, OAN, and "a website with some unidentified owner").  They are worried about infecting their elderly parents, they wear masks, they get contactless grocery pickup, they aren't out shopping and spending in the community.  Restaurants and small business are starting to die the "death of 1000 cuts" as this drags on.  And it is dragging on with no end in site - cases rising and rising, and the death rate has crept up to equal its May peak, with no indication it will turn around. 

Well, OK, I won't go back and forth on this - take it to the covid-19 threads - but I thought it was useful to interject a few facts here.  It would actually make more sense to have fans at games in WNY than in KC right now, but WNY is still at a level where a gathering of 1000 people has near-certainty to include covid-19 infected people and NY seems to be driving public policy with epidemiology pretty much.  I think if people in WNY would lock-in and bring the infection rate down to match surrounding areas, fans can happen this season. 

NYS may err on the side of being too conservative, but living in a state that errs on the side of taking few reasonable precautions like MO, I'm not so clear on where the tyranny lies.  Over and out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

I believe the announcement is the warning here. Whether it is heeded is up to you. If you don’t like the consequences, it’s up to you to decide how to push back.

it is difficult to enforce the rules across crowds of people sometimes. Some will inevitably get away unseen and many acts will be hard to prove in a court of law even if arrested. I agree that a guy throwing a frozen water bottle should be arrested and prosecuted and subject to the legal system. Will they consistently be able to ID that person and convict him? Probably not as often as we’d like. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, westside2 said:

You're another one who comes across as judgmental and condescending. Does that make you feel better about yourself to talk down to people?

LOL.   I'll admit, I'm VERY judgemental...and appeciative of the 'ignore user' feature, which I use liberally frequently...

42 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

I don't think they should be enforced equally and I don't think they would be.  I think someone who can be positively identified as throwing something at a law enforcement officer or as looting/destroying property should face much harsher charges - and I think factually speaking, they do and will.

I'm not sure what "warning" someone would do in these circumstances.  If they've been told not to do something, that seems like a warning to me.  If they show up and do it anyway...how do you stop them?  They've already been warned.  Being there anyway seems like evidence they don't take warning seriously.

If you believe that people who are committing a non-violent crime such as trespassing on stadium property should be warned vs forcefully thrown to the ground, forcibly subdued in a way that causes bodily harm or death, arrested....can you not see the point of the protests?   Citizens who are committing non-violent crimes such as passing a counterfit bill, having a tail-light burnt out, selling cigarettes illegally etc are being harmed or killed by LEO who stop them - sometimes while several brother officers are on hand and do not intervene.  The situation appears to be ongoing and not being addressed in a meaningful way to effect change. 

That some idiots take advantage of the protest situation to destroy property, loot, and become violent does not cancel the original point motivating the protests.  IMO of course.

• Like (+1) 2

I just read 12 pages of this ... most of it funny and some pretty sad.  

I don’t understand why people don’t see the purpose in what they are doing.  It’s simple - public safety.  No more than that.  It’s inconvenient but best for the greater good.   Let’s start thinking in those terms.  

Things are bad now and there is a serious leadership void.  I talking about both parties too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, T master said:

I Call BS !! They act like this is the plague and they have had something that would help all along .

Things will be better after Nov. well for the most part except for the haters they will always hate !! 

Who is they and what is it they are holding back to help?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

If you try to show up there you’re being nothing but a button pushing dyngus.

It’s not a political thing. It’s a dumbass thing.

you misspelled dingus

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

LOL.   I'll admit, I'm VERY judgemental...and appeciative of the 'ignore user' feature, which I use liberally frequently...

am I still on ignore

so harsh dude

• Haha (+1) 1