Is anyone else less invested in this season than normal?

Cal

very excited about the direction the team is headed.  

No fans at a majority of the games (all the home games, plus several of the road ones) will be a little weird though... fake noise / CGI fans or not.  But, I’ll probably get used to it.

To some degree we're all less invested (quite literally) since none of us can pay to go to any games.

But i've been waiting for this season to start as soon as that Houston game ended, & i'd think every die hard Bills fan feels the same.

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 2

Honestly go watch NASCAR and UFC and conspiracy videos on Facebook.  No one cares.  If you feel triggered by the politics of the people who entertain you then just don’t pay for the product.  Why is it that the same folks who want athletes to “shut up and play” can’t “shut up and leave”?  

• Like (+1) 14
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 13

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly go watch NASCAR and UFC and conspiracy videos on Facebook.  No one cares.  If you feel triggered by the politics of the people who entertain you then just don’t pay for the product.  Why is it that the same folks who want athletes to “shut up and play” can’t “shut up and leave”?  

PREACH!

• Like (+1) 4

While I am still excited, I am definitely less excited than usual.

Part of it is that I still fear the NFL won't be able to get through a full season due to COVID, so I'm subconsciously guarding myself against the letdown.

Part of it is that the lack of fans in the stands and the overall weirdness of this season makes me feel like it will always have an asterisk next to it to some extent.

Part of it is that I'm just so bummed that in what looks to be the best Bills season in a quarter century, the NFL is all jacked up. The stars seem aligned for this to be a big year for our team --multiple prime time games, possible AFC East title, you name it-- and for COVID weirdness to rob Bills fans and players of the culmination of this rebuild is a cruel cosmic joke.

Part of it is that I (probably) won't get to attend any live games.

Part of it is that my usual workplace Fantasy Football League is not happening this year due to layoffs and COVID-related football uncertainty.

All in all, I'm still excited, but less so. 

I AM extremely excited for the direction of this football team and for the years to come. At some point, the NFL will return to "normal", and when THAT happens, my usual excitement level about football will return. 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm actually more excited. I've never been more desperate for some gad damn Bills football than this stupid year...

If you're letting any sort of extracurricular campaigning ruin your fandom, then you're pretty weak IMO.

I've enjoyed watching all the sports coming back. The games have been just as exciting.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

While I am still excited, I am definitely less excited than usual.

Part of it is that I still fear the NFL won't be able to get through a full season due to COVID, so I'm subconsciously guarding myself against the letdown.

Part of it is that the lack of fans in the stands and the overall weirdness of this season makes me feel like it will always have an asterisk next to it to some extent.

Part of it is that I'm just so bummed that in what looks to be the best Bills season in a quarter century, the NFL is all jacked up. The stars seem aligned for this to be a big year for our team --multiple prime time games, possible AFC East title, you name it-- and for COVID weirdness to rob Bills fans and players of the culmination of this rebuild is a cruel cosmic joke.

Part of it is that I (probably) won't get to attend any live games.

Part of it is that my usual workplace Fantasy Football League is not happening this year due to layoffs and COVID-related football uncertainty.

All in all, I'm still excited, but less so. 

I AM extremely excited for the direction of this football team and for the years to come. At some point, the NFL will return to "normal", and when THAT happens, my usual excitement level about football will return. 

It's a good sign that there haven't been many positives during camps. I hope those are honest numbers.

• Like (+1) 2

A bit since I am not even sure I am going to be able to watch or listen to games.

WGR takeover by Radio.com ruined listening to games.

There likely will be a few more featured games on TV but because we play NFL West less than normal opponent games compared to last year and not sure if my bar will be open and it certainly will not be as it was last year finding a seat in whatever table has an opening.  Same for annual tailgate where we raise money for a number of charities and open the "alley", beer garden and other outdoor seating areas.

Waiting to see what NFL offers fans in ways to see game other than DirectTV which is not an option for me.

11 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

If the Bills players kneel are you going to watch ?

Of course.  Everyone's entitled to their own way of peacefully expressing themselves in this country and the players should be too.  After that short bit they play the game which is the part the fans are there to see.   I don't understand why people get worked up about it.  Chillax and enjoy the games!   

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

PREACH!

I mainly don’t watch NASCAR, bull riding, or hunting shows because I despise the politics of the “athletes” and their fans and I can’t stand the pseudo-fascist “YOO ESS AY!” nonsense they blast at full tilt.  But I don’t feel the need to go to NASCAR forums to announce my displeasure and threaten to boycott, nor do I yell “stick to sports” when some hick race car driver says yet another stupid thing to a microphone.  

NOBODY CARES IF YOU LEAVE, JUST DO IT ALREADY.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Cal said:

I don't know. I'm not as excited for football as normal. Maybe it's the political bs that we are going to have to see, listen too before and after each game or the other stuff we have to deal with nowadays. Also the no preseason and games with no fans.

We've had season tickets for 50 years in my family, will be the one of the first ones in when they allow any amount of fans. I really don't care as much. We've seen the NBA ratings are not great with limited sports on. People may be fed up and sports is no longer a outlet. Is it just me? 

Nevertheless. Go Bills!

There is a certain quiet secret that Local Bills fans don’t really discuss.

We were all brainwashed at a very young age to think that Buffalo bills football is the end all be all

I mean if you have a certain age Buffalo Bills football was really the only thing that put the area you lived in any sort of pride or put you on the national map.  Basically the only ticket in town.

so your feelings I would not look at as bad I might say this is a great thing for you.  A nice splash of cold water.

Imagine if there was a nice Sunday afternoon in the fall and you didn’t feel fear or superstition or beholden to the fact that you have to watch the bills or else they won’t win

because I can tell you that a large percentage of people who watch this game think that the team wins or loses based on them personally watching the game from a certain chair or a certain seat.  Lol

The second pandemic hit and the NFL was not an essential job  it just kind of hammered it home it’s just entertainment it’s just a revolving wheel.

it just comes and goes teams win teams lose none of it really matters in the long run unless you’re part of a team which no fan is.

This  fall actually open up more opportunities for you

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

I won't care about the season til it starts. Even then I won't let myself invest emotionally into the season because half of me believes we're not making it through the whole season. Not only is there zero bubble in the NFL, they are allowing fans in stadiums according to state regulations. So even if everyone in the league is 100% safe, you could have some moron come to the game and start a an outbreak. 

54 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I’m ***** stoked. SUPERBOWL!!!!!!! But seriously as a season ticket holder myself, this is bull *****. But we have the best team on paper in 25 years, that has me excited 

This is how I also feel.  Bummed we can't go to any games (yet). Go Bills!

Bills football will give me something to really look forward to on the weekend.   Now more than ever, I want that.  Been living in a work from home and mostly staying at home world where days blur together.  NFL Sundays are one form of normalcy I'm craving!

• Like (+1) 1