The NFL Follows Suit With "Social Justice" Message

H2o

2 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

BLM Is a marxist group.. dont google it , because they took it down. anyway , the NFLshould steer clear of it.. JMHO.. and could care less  about BLM And what anybody thinks about it  or my opinion 

It did not take long for the black helicopters to start circling.  Guess what - no one cares about your opinion. 

18 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

I wasn't going to call you out, but since spelling and grammar is the road you want to take, please explain 'divulge into it' from your first post.

I mean it's going to say 'end racism', not 'end racists'; you aren't in any danger.

nah .. you are way too smart , can compete with a person like you when it comes to "grammar"

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

It did not take long for the black helicopters to start circling.  Guess what - no one cares about your opinion. 

Touche'

Edited by dwight in philly

12 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Can't get a better middle of the road statement like "end Racism" .  I bet that "It is what it is" would please Dwight

I was thinking they'd go with "Be Excellent to Each Other" and "Party On Dudes"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Lame. NFL is getting political and for all the wrong reasons. Kneel during our anthem and they deserve to suffer the consequences. Owners need to step up here and draw a line in the sand. This is ridiculous. Law and Order!!

Thats it in a nutshell.speaking for myself , i dont care what people in sports or entertaiment think about politics , whatever. . stick to your profession , thrive  in it .. but dont tell me what to think .. or assume i should give a s ----t what you think.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Thats it in a nutshell.speaking for myself , i dont care what people in sports or entertaiment think about politics , whatever. . stick to your profession , thrive  in it .. but dont tell me what to think .. or assume i should give a s ----t what you think.. 

Says the guy with 50 posts in the thread about an innocuous endzone slogan.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Lame. NFL is getting political and for all the wrong reasons. Kneel during our anthem and they deserve to suffer the consequences. Owners need to step up here and draw a line in the sand. This is ridiculous. Law and Order!!

What will the consequences be you not watching lol

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Says the guy with 50 posts in the thread about an innocuous endzone slogan.

ooohhhh using a big word (lololol)

10 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

You're gonna run out of sports and entertainment in pretty short order. It's not the 50's anymore.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Exactly. I don’t care about a players race, personality, or opinions.

Do your job, entertain the the fans and go home.

Celebrities and Athletes have one objective, to entertain. Nothing more. As fans, we sometimes confuse them for role models when really all they are are sell outs. Lebron for example. 

Then you don't need to watch. I promise, you won't be missed.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Celebrities and Athletes have one objective, to entertain. Nothing more. As fans, we sometimes confuse them for role models when really all they are are sell outs. Lebron for example. 

And what if they dont do as you say?  Will you be mad?  Tantrum maybe? 

45 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Can't get a better middle of the road statement like "end Racism" .  I bet that "It is what it is" would please Dwight

One time, a work colleague totally refused to believe me that there was a town called Horseheads in NY. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s not just me, but millions of intelligent, critical thinkers who see this for what it really is.  

It’s a warning and it could save the sport. Change now before it’s too late. This is a slippery slope, politics and sports don’t mix. 

Can't wait to meet these millions of intelligent, critically thinking NFL fans who believe in slippery slope fallacies. 

• Like (+1) 1

I find it hard to believe anyone would be against ending racism. Its a despicable practice that has no place in our society.  And its no surprise that professional sports leagues like the NFL have risen awareness. 

Where I struggle is while its a good slogan it lacks any actionable tasks or objectives.  We hear terms like "systemic racism" but what does that mean?  How do you know that America is systemically racist?  Absolutely no hard science data and statistics have been presented to demonstrate systemic racism exists.  To date all that's been presented is subjective observations and anecdotal stories.  If you can't measure it you can't fix it or know if anything you're doing is having any impact.  

For example, if I wanted to end illiteracy among 10 year old children in the city of Buffalo I would perform an analysis of the population of 10 year old's in the city and assess their reading comprehension skills.  I would arrive at a starting point and be in a position to put initiatives in place to improve their skills and measure progress.  At some point when their progress achieves the objectives set at the beginning I would conclude the program.

If you want to end racism you need to do the same.  What's the baseline level of racism at the start?  What's the "test" to determine somebody is a racist?  What is the plan to eliminate racism from their behavior? How will you measure progress and success?  When are you complete?

So what's the plan besides more talk and slogans?  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

i will offer an opinion.. on the right side.. the correct side.. 

Triggered me? jesus.. stop , you sound like a snowflake for crissakes.. 

It is interesting that you offer an opinion (which is your right)

but athletes should just stick to their profession like they have no opinion

hmmmmm

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Who decided that you and your 'critical thinking' friends get to decide what their jobs are or aren't? If they should be role-models or not? Was there a meeting I missed? Was I not invited?

I would like to register to be an active participant in these discussions.

Celebrities; actors, sports, music or otherwise, have been role-models for years. The current environment might just not be your cup of tea. And that's fine. Culture changes and sometimes when that happens, people feel let behind or excluded. I think that the NFL and the other leagues will be ok if you and your group of 'critical thinkers' decide to boycott.

#endracism

• Like (+1) 2