The NFL Follows Suit With "Social Justice" Message

H2o

14 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

In their personal time, I agree. Don’t bring it on the field, especially during our national anthem. 

Now compare LeBron to your hero. 

Donald Trump is a rich man—even if just how rich remains an open question—and he and his campaign have long insisted that he is also a very charitable fellow. “I’ve given millions away,” Trump said in May. The sentiment was reiterated this week by Jason Miller, his campaign spokesperson. “Mr. Trump is generous both with his money and with his time,” Miller said, in a statement reacting to the latest Washington Post reporting on Trump’s charitable foundation. “He has provided millions of dollars to fund his Foundation and a multitude of other charitable causes.”

How many “millions of dollars”? People around Trump have answered that question in a number of ways. A couple of weeks ago, Mike Pence, Trump’s running mate, said that anyone “who knows about Donald Trump and his career knows that this is a man who’s given away tens of millions of dollars to charitable causes throughout his business life.” In July, Trump’s son Eric said his father had given away “millions and millions and millions of dollars.” Last year, on the same day that Trump officially launched his Presidential bid, his campaign provided a specific number: a “summary of net worth” document made public that day stated that Trump had given away $102 million between 2009 and 2014.

Trump’s charitable giving has now become a campaign issue, largely due to a series of Post articles written by David Fahrenthold and his colleagues. Back in April, Fahrenthold and Rosalind S. Helderman reported that they couldn’t find a single cash donation to charity that Trump personally had made over the previous five years. The Trump campaign had provided the newspaper with a list of donations made by the candidate, but many turned out to be gifts-in-kind from Trump’s businesses, such as free rounds of golf at Trump courses donated to charity auctions, and land-conservation agreements to forgo development rights on Trump-owned properties. The only cash donations were from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, the family charity that Trump established in 1988. But the Post also pointed out that Trump hadn’t given any of his own money to the Trump Foundation since 2008—almost all of its funding came from other people, including some of his business associates.

The Post has delivered other revelations. At the end of August, Fahrenthold reported that the Trump Foundation had violated tax laws in 2013 by making a $25,000 political donation to Pam Bondi, the attorney general of Florida. At the time the donation was made, Bondi had been considering whether to launch an investigation of the scandal-plagued Trump University. Democrats accused Trump of having tried to buy off Bondi, but Bondi denied that there was any connection between the campaign donation and her decision not to pursue an investigation. Regardless, charities aren’t allowed to make political donations. Trump’s aides said the payment from the foundation was the result of an administrative error, and that the money was supposed to have come from Trump’s personal account. Earlier this year, the foundation paid a $2,500 penalty to the I.R.S.

Edited by nedboy7

Hey! We are all Bills fans here. Why can't we be respectful to each other? We all have our own opinions on life, no one is right all the time. I know how easy it is to sling barbs on the internet, I'm just as guilty as anyone. I'm trying to stop. If we all would speak to each other as if we are face to face, I think this divisive bitterness would end.

At the end of the day, the elections will come and go, but the scars and hurt feelings will still linger. I don't know about you, but I've made a few friends on this site that I would hate to lose over politics. Please everyone, let's all think before we post. 

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edited by westside2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

Hey! We are all Bills fans here. Why can't we be respectful to each other? We all have our own opinions on life, no one is right all the time. I know easy it is to sling barbs on the internet, I'm just as guilty as anyone. I'm trying to stop. If we all would speak to each other as if we are face to face, I think this divisive bitterness would end.

At the end of the day, the elections will come and go, but the scars and hurt feelings will still linger. I don't know about you, but I've made a few friends on this site that I would hate to lose over politics. Please everyone, let's all think before we post. 

I honestly would hate to lose friends I have made on this site over politics.....and admittedly I am a reactive poster (see something stupid......post that it is stupid)

but

This particular issue runs deep......The NBA season was nearly CANCELED earlier this week.......teams like the lakers and clippers literally didnt want to play and Obama steps in and helps out........

Bottom line........people need to start listening and stop denying........or their WILL be a hard time keeping these sports going because the stars wont play.....which in term would greatly affect this site.

Still......I understand your point......voice of reason is still a good thing to hear

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Hey! We are all Bills fans here. Why can't we be respectful to each other? We all have our own opinions on life, no one is right all the time. I know easy it is to sling barbs on the internet, I'm just as guilty as anyone. I'm trying to stop. If we all would speak to each other as if we are face to face, I think this divisive bitterness would end.

I wish I could speak to some of the people on this thread face to face. We may all be Bills fans, but we stand a people divided in regards to political leanings and our understanding of the history and present of racial segregation, persecution and division. I think a lot of us wish that we could be more cordial when it comes to this topic, but few topics in the history of this site have divided us to this degree. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Lol wow if you all can’t see the blatant agenda at hand I’m sorry. Unreal. Total misdirection to keep us divided and distracted while other things are accomplished. Digital currency only for one. 

Again, there is no definitive proof whatsoever that any non Caucasian group is disproportionately targeted by police or systematically whatever. Read as many studies as possible and compare. You are being lied to over and over and over.

I knew it was only a matter of time before this blatant kgb-esque subversion agenda totally destroyed sports. Watch Tomas Schuman’s 1983 lecture on exactly how a society is subverted and destroyed from within. You will be astonished at how spot on it is to right now. 

This is is a tragic period for many reasons, but since we are all obviously Bills fans, sad for the Bills and sports in general. 

Edited by BillsSB2020KO
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Hey! We are all Bills fans here. Why can't we be respectful to each other? We all have our own opinions on life, no one is right all the time. I know how easy it is to sling barbs on the internet, I'm just as guilty as anyone. I'm trying to stop. If we all would speak to each other as if we are face to face, I think this divisive bitterness would end.

There's a pretty wide chasm between "politics" and people that look a specific way are being murdered by the government.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I honestly would hate to lose friends I have made on this site over politics.....and admittedly I am a reactive poster (see something stupid......post that it is stupid)

but

This particular issue runs deep......The NBA season was nearly CANCELED earlier this week.......teams like the lakers and clippers literally didnt want to play and Obama steps in and helps out........

Bottom line........people need to start listening and stop denying........or their WILL be a hard time keeping these sports going because the stars wont play.....which in term would greatly affect this site.

Still......I understand your point......voice of reason is still a good thing to hear

Thanks John, I would hate to see sports cancelled.It's such a big part of our lives. But politics is tearing this country apart. I hate seeing this happen. I respect ypurs and everyone else's opinion John. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

but

Good! Hopefully they go away. Seriously. I wont beg multimillion dollar athletes to keep playing a game that makes them rich beyond their wildest dreams, and provides incredible possibilities for future generations of their families. Im sure their job means more to them, than it does to me (at least it should). Pissing away their careers over for an armed felon fighting the cops is the dumbest thing on the face of the Earth. ?? ?? 

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Good! Hopefully they go away. Seriously. I wont beg multimillion dollar athletes to keep playing a game that makes them rich beyond their wildest dreams, and provides incredible possibilities for future generations of theur families. Im sure their job means more to them, than it does to me (at least it should). Pissing away their careers over for an armed felon fighting the cops is the dumbest thing on the face of the Earth. ?? ?? 

Gee, I wonder why?

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Good! Hopefully they go away. Seriously. I wont beg multimillion dollar athletes to keep playing a game that makes them rich beyond their wildest dreams, and provides incredible possibilities for future generations of their families. Im sure their job means more to them, than it does to me (at least it should). Pissing away their careers over for an armed felon fighting the cops is the dumbest thing on the face of the Earth. ?? ?? 

"an armed felon"

Make sure you take a knife to gunfight the next time you have an issue......you will be armed and of course someone might only shoot you once instead of unloading a clip into you to be sure

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsSB2020KO said:

Lol wow if you all can’t see the blatant agenda at hand I’m sorry. Unreal. Total misdirection to keep us divided and distracted while other things are accomplished. Digital currency only for one. 

Again, there is no definitive proof whatsoever that any non Caucasian group is disproportionately targeted by police or systematically whatever. Read as many studies as possible and compare. You are being lied to over and over and over.

I knew it was only a matter of time before this blatant kgb-esque subversion agenda totally destroyed sports. Watch Tomas Schuman’s 1983 lecture on exactly how a society is subverted and destroyed from within. You will be astonished at how spot on it is to right now. 

This is is a tragic period for many reasons, but since we are all obviously Bills fans, sad for the Bills and sports in general. 

The only people that are divided on this are racists.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

How about all the unarmed non-felons? I think they might deserve somebody standing up for them. But, I know where you lean as I visited your cesspool of PPP, so I’ll never get through to you. Thick as a brick.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

There's a pretty wide chasm between "politics" and people that look a specific way are being murdered by the government.

Haha wow what a ridiculous comment. Truly 

Learn the difference between anecdotal evidence and actual compelling empirical evidence. 

Edited by BillsSB2020KO
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

How about all the unarmed non-felons? I think they might deserve somebody standing up for them. But, I know where you lean as I visited your cesspool of PPP, so I’ll never get through to you. Thick as a brick.

Now wait wait......one of those protesters who got killed this week was "armed" with a skateboard.......and of course he had it acomin because he should have ignored that the shooter had just KILLED someone

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

"an armed felon"

Make sure you take a knife to gunfight the next time you have an issue......you will be armed and of course someone might only shoot you once instead of unloading a clip into you to be sure

Why would I do that?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Well you might be the right color.....maybe you will get away with your knife

Pretty sure if i fight the cops, and have a knife, and continue refusing their commands, and then re-engage them in physical conflict while in possession of said knife, i have given them plenty of justification to shoot me as many times as it takes to end the threat. So, since i have this common sense, i ask again, why would i do this?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Thanks John, I would hate to see sports cancelled.It's such a big part of our lives. But politics is tearing this country apart. I hate seeing this happen. I respect ypurs and everyone else's opinion John. 

Good. Sports should be cancelled then. Because the average person is incapable of defending themselves against high level psychological operations such as the blatant race baiting propaganda that is propelled by media operatives and influencers. And these people are puppets used to influence you. 

Follow a backless narrative if you want, but just realize you’re being mind f***ed by people who know your psychology inside and out and mean to destroy this country from within. It’s actually astonishing how such basic divide and conquer tactics work on the majority of the population. 

If no no one in sports has the courage to challenge a narrative that is utterly untrue then screw sports. 

Edited by BillsSB2020KO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsSB2020KO said:

Haha wow what a ridiculous comment. Truly 

Learn the difference between anecdotal evidence and actual compelling empirical evidence. 

Scenario one

A man of color walks away from cops....reaches into his car (where later a knife was found) and is shot several times in the back

Scenario two

A automatic weapon wielding young man kills 2 people and injuries another.....and police approach....ignore the one WITH THE WEAPON with people screaming that he had just killed someone.......he is allowed to leave the scene....drive home.....and sleep in his own bed before finally being apprehended.   Video surfaces that the police in the area actually gave this young man bottles of water and THANKING him for being their WITH HIS WEAPON.

And you cant see the "evidence"?

• Awesome! (+1) 2