Jags cut Fournette; clears waivers (update - signing with Tampa)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

A lot of people here just assume that Zach Moss is going to be an instantly positive contributor. I'm not saying he won't be, but the kid is a 3rd round pick. If he's never any good in the NFL it would be far from a shock. The fact that Singletary has been as good as he has so far should be more of a surprise than it would have been had he been terrible.

Look around the NFL, there are a LOT of RB's that are the better RB's in this league that were all 3rd round or later picks.  You are just way off base here dude.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Look around the NFL, there are a LOT of RB's that are the better RB's in this league that were all 3rd round or later picks.  You are just way off base here dude.  

I'm "way off base" for suggesting that a rookie mid round pick might not be a lock to be great, but still very well could be? If this is a hot take to you, we have different definitions of hyperbole.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

Leonard Fournette and Shaq Lawson ejected for throwing punches in Bills-Jaguars brawl

The scrum began when Buffalo safety Micah Hyde was shoved and grabbed Jacksonville receiver Dede Westbrook. Jaguars running back Carlos Hyde pushed Lawson and Jerry Hughes. Lawson pushed Hyde back and Fournette shoved Lawson from behind, which escalated the brawl. Fournette and Lawson traded punches in the melee while Moncrief and Thomas continued spooning in the end zone.

After the ejections, Lawson had to be restrained by Buffalo Bills staff on the field and in the tunnel as he continued jawing at Fournette as the players were led to their respective locker rooms.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/11/25/leonard-fournette-shaq-lawson-ejected-punches-fight-jacksonville-jaguars-buffalo-bills/2108947002/

Jets void Kalen Ballage deal, lose La'Mical Perine to injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Jets suffered two blows Sunday at running back, voiding a trade for Kalen Ballage because of a failed physical and losing promising rookie La'Mical Perine to a potentially serious ankle injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29774238/jets-void-kalen-ballage-deal-lose-lamical-perine-injury

Edited by ALF

26 minutes ago, ALF said:

Jets void Kalen Ballage deal, lose La'Mical Perine to injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Jets suffered two blows Sunday at running back, voiding a trade for Kalen Ballage because of a failed physical and losing promising rookie La'Mical Perine to a potentially serious ankle injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29774238/jets-void-kalen-ballage-deal-lose-lamical-perine-injury

If Bell goes down Frank Gore just might get his 1,000 yards.  LOL.

Edited by ColoradoBills

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think you can find decent backs in the 3rd and later, but elite dual threat backs will always go early.

I'd argue the top 3 are McCaffery, Zeke & Saquon - all top 8 picks.

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I think you can find decent backs in the 3rd and later, but elite dual threat backs will always go early.

I'd argue the top 3 are McCaffery, Zeke & Saquon - all top 8 picks.

ALWAYS? 

Look at the current RBs who went Day 2 or later. 

Bell, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Kamara, Jones, Lindsay, Conner, Ingram, Carson, Drake....... 

Most of those are round 3 and later, some undrafted. 

They can go early but a lot of good, 3 down starters at RB come via later rounds

If it were to happen (and it won't) - Taiwan Jones would be safe. T.J. Yeldon would be the odd man out. Jones was specifically brought in for his Special Teams by his old Special Teams coach. You wouldn't cut a core Special Teamer for a 4th RB that doesn't play ST.

Fact is, as we've had the past couple seasons, we'll have 3 Tailbacks active on game day. Zack Moss takes the place of Frank Gore and Taiwan Jones takes the place of Senorise Perry. We really don't have the room to add a guy like Fournette. We'd be not dressing one of either Singletary, Moss, or Fournette every week. That's fine for a player like T.J. Yeldon. But you can't keep one of those guys on the bench all season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm "way off base" for suggesting that a rookie mid round pick might not be a lock to be great, but still very well could be? If this is a hot take to you, we have different definitions of hyperbole.

Thats not what you're saying and you know it.  

34 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

ALWAYS? 

Look at the current RBs who went Day 2 or later. 

Bell, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Kamara, Jones, Lindsay, Conner, Ingram, Carson, Drake....... 

Most of those are round 3 and later, some undrafted. 

They can go early but a lot of good, 3 down starters at RB come via later rounds

I said elite backs, not "good, 3 down starters".  There's a difference.

If you want a true superstar at the position, you will usually have to draft them early.

46 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's literally what I said.  I know that it could not possibly be more clear. If you want to go on a scavenger hunt, that's your business.

this is literally what you said....

I just think it's extremely presumptive to think that a 3rd round running back should be counted on to be a significant part of your offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

this is literally what you said....

I just think it's extremely presumptive to think that a 3rd round running back should be counted on to be a significant part of your offense. 

Yup. Thank you.

Edited by BullBuchanan

33 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I said elite backs, not "good, 3 down starters".  There's a difference.

If you want a true superstar at the position, you will usually have to draft them early.

He, literally, named 6 elite backs from 2019. Henry, Mixon, Drake, Kamara, Carson and Ingram were elite. The bills would’ve taken the production of any of those players over their own RB’s

Edited by MiltonWaddams

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My first thought was Tampa based on absolutely nothing.

Doc, you’re right on it. The Bucs only have $1.5 mil. in cap space, but if they can find the $, that is their weakness.  They are very strong in most position groups outside of the rush and on defense the secondary.  The difference is the secondary is incredibly young, so they should grow especially with the Winfield son.  Fournette would be a big add for the Bucs.

We’ll see if BA bites.

• Like (+1) 1

Fournette will get scooped up off of wavers by the Jests who will sign him to a 5 year deal and then trade Bell to the Jags, who will sign Bell for 4 years.

After the season Marrone will realize a dream come true and after being fired by the Jags , gets hired by the Jests after they fire Gase, who will go on and get hired by the Jags.

Nobody from either team or their fans will be happy.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1