Chris Brown suspended [Mod edited] from all Bills platforms

33 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Perhaps it is that he is not a stupid person, and that he made a mistake.  We all make them.  Trust me, he's far from dumb.  And quite funny, too, behind the scenes. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this as I don't know the man personally, just what I've seen online and on the air.  What he did was absolutely not smart, however.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Per The Athletic:

The Buffalo Bills have banned Chris Brown, their radio host and web reporter, from covering practices the rest of training camp and have suspended him from all their platforms, multiple sources tell The Athletic.

The Bills aren’t talking about Brown’s whereabouts, but he disappeared from practices last week after apparently violating the team’s media policy. Three days later, the longtime club employee vanished from “One Bills Live” — simulcast on WGR 550 and MSG Network — and social media without an announcement on where he went or when he will return.

Brown’s total evaporation occurred Thursday, less than two hours after heralding Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy’s tweet about buying title sponsorship rights to the Bills’ stadium.

I don't know how much I can post from a paywall site but he has been suspended according to the article not terminated, it seems like he violated the teams revised 2020 media policy and was divulging too much information from training camp

When you don't follow the process...

you get the boot.   

• Like (+1) 2

The guy is so bland and boring.

He brings nothing to the table that anyone on this board couldn't, given the same amount of access.

This reporting of insider information is typical idiotic McDermott paranoia but if it gets this milquetoast dial tone replaced with someone with some enthusiasm, it'll be well worth it. Bonus points if they also don't look like they're not allowed within 250 yards of a school zone. 

Dont cross THE PROCESS!

I'm also hearing the entire Marketing dept has quit?

Dont really care about that tho. Doesnt affect the team. And I never understood why the Bills even had a Marketing dept. You dont have to sell them to anyone. Everyone in Buffalo is already on board.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Like Manish I guess.. he didnt toe the company line enough...

And yes that is a joke...

You do get style points for getting the phrase right.  ?

23 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

He brings nothing to the table that anyone on this board couldn't, given the same amount of access.

Elect YOLO!  Vote early, vote often!  (That is fine!)

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Funny. Yeah The rules are pretty clear, they are the same across the league, and he clearly either ignored them or didn’t take them seriously. He’s lucky they didn’t fire him. 

Yep I remember Sal tweeting something a couple weeks back about the rules this year and not being able to say much about personnel groupings, etc.

7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Now you have violated the same policy, what if they ban you next from everything Buffalo Bills?!?!

How am I supposed to use the old BBMB Chris Brown Emoji nowwww:cry:

I have been banned from the Ralph for something like 10 years actually.Years ago I got a few free tickets from some friends of the family in the family section for a Pats game. At half time I met a girl I was seeing in the causeway, grabbed a beer, but didn't finish it. I snuck it back into the family section. That lasted about 25 seconds, until a security guy came up asked me to follow him. Went to the security office, signed a paper, and left. I didn't think anything of it, nothing really happened. No scuffle, aggression, or argument. It was what it was. Go home with your tail between your legs. 

Anyways, a few weeks later I got a letter in the mail from the Bills. I was banned from the stadium until I took an NFL code of conduct course which is a couple hundred bucks and 4 hours along. Not just that, if you don't pass you have to pay again to do it all over. I called the Bills explained the situation, I even offered to volunteer with the clean up after the game or a charity event, etc.Seemed excessive given the crime. They said it was an NFL mandate, out of their hands at that point. I checked with a few friends in the DA's office, technically if I go back and get caught it is trespassing. A class C misdemeanor. About $100 dollar fine and expunged from my record in 6 months. They recommended not taking the course since 1. I have never had an issue before and I have been going to about 4 games per year for as long as I can remember. And 2. The charges for a class C misdemeanor or less of a cost and hassle than actually taking the course. I still go to 4 games per year. 

Long story short, Chris Brown, if you are reading this, do what I did, just keep showing up and bet on your own good behavior. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For sure i don't believe Brown did what ever he did with any kind of deviant fore thought i believe he was just talking football like he does & his passion got him going & must have said something that was outside of the new rules .

A plot of 'Belichickian' proportions!  Can the media guy so the rest of the league (especially BB in NE) thinks the Bills are planning to use personnel in a manner Brown described.

I'll go try some breakfast and see if my blood sugar (and sanity) returns to acceptable levels.

It's ironic that they have been paying this "Baghdad Bob" to spew team propaganda for years and the first time he actually reports on objective info (OOOOO!! the Rookie is lining up....ON THE LEFT!!), they can him.

That's bush league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1