Domestic terrorist attack in Wisconsin

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Sorry but he needed to be charged. He discharged his weapon killing two and injuring another.  

I don’t think so when there is a video of that person fleeing a mob attacking him and any normal viewer would agree it’s textbook self defense.

we don’t normally leave these calls up to a jury, but thankfully we have them

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

I don’t think so when there is a video of that person fleeing a mob attacking him and any normal viewer would agree it’s textbook self defense.

we don’t normally leave these calls up to a jury, but thankfully we have them

You discharge your weapon in public you’re going and should get charged. Let the justice system sort it out. As what happened here. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You discharge your weapon in public you’re going and should get charged. Let the justice system sort it out. As what happened here. 

that’s a really simplistic view of the justice system and doesn’t really make sense, but sure.  

people don’t get charged frequently when the outcome is something you’d associate with a crime, including shooting someone with a gun.  There is discretion and thought that factors into decision making.  It’s nice you want to remove that and make it a black/white rule.  Thankfully that’s not the case

Edited by Crayola64
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I see. So these deaths are all on Kyle?  

Yes. 

He ran around like a f@@#$ing idiot until he mixed it up with someone who was mentally ill and then he pissed himself and started shooting people when ***** started getting real.   Its pretty much the reason why we pay people to patrol the streets with guns and instead of encouraging every bed wetting child with a soldier of fortune fantasy to run around with a rifle.  

Its the Zimmerman case on repeat.  The right ruling was made, its 100% what I expected, and there is nothing to feel good about.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Crayola64 said:

that’s a really simplistic view of the justice system and doesn’t really make sense, but sure.  

So you’re cool with someone killing two and wounding another in public just being let go without any charges. Now THAT doesn’t really make any sense. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you’re cool with someone killing two and wounding another in public just being let go without any charges. Now THAT doesn’t really make any sense. 

in a case where they didnt commit a crime…um yes?

charges are for crimes, not sure if you are aware

Edited by Crayola64

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The fact the verdict was EVER in doubt and EVER even brought, shows how important fighting in culture wars has become.  

This is exactly the mindset that is fueling this race to the bottom in American politics.  Can't beat em, join em.  Culture wars on every front conceivable and beyond is patently moronic. 

21 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Well, to be fair, the guy who died when he was strolling around with a gun wouldn’t have died if he didn’t actively attack another guy (who also had a gun)

this case was a textbook self-defense case, and would have never resulted in charges of it wasn’t so politicized 

bull####.  Killing people in the streets because you were "trying to protect private property" that you have no connection with will bring charges every single time as it should.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

In many people’s eyes he did commit a crime.  

that’s nice, law enforcement has discretion.

if someone was chopping people up with a machete and ran towards you in public, and you “discharged your gun” killing him…you wouldn’t be charged.  Why?  Clear cut case of self defense.  Surely you’d agree with and back off your idea of anyone discharging their gun and killing someone should be charged with a crime?

here is no different.  It’s clear cut.  The only reason any case moved forward is because it was politicized. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

This is exactly the mindset that is fueling this race to the bottom in American politics.  Can't beat em, join em.  Culture wars on every front conceivable and beyond is patently moronic. 

bull####.  Killing people in the streets because you were "trying to protect private property" that you have no connection with will bring charges every single time as it should.

he killed people because they were chasing and attacking him.  That’s it.  The rest is just noise meant to confuse people like you.  It doesn’t matter if he was in Wisconsin to attend a nazi conference or a funeral or church.  When people chase and attack you…and you flee…and they keep chasing and attacking you…you have a legal right to protect your life.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

that’s nice, law enforcement has discretion.

if someone was chopping people up with a machete and ran towards you in public, and you “discharged your gun” killing him…you wouldn’t be charged.  Why?  Clear cut case of self defense.  Surely you’d agree with and back off your idea of anyone discharging their gun and killing someone should be charged with a crime?

here is no different.  It’s clear cut.  The only reason any case moved forward is because it was politicized. 

he killed people because they were chasing and attacking him.  That’s it.  The rest is just noise meant to confuse people like you.  It doesn’t matter if he was in Wisconsin to attend a nazi conference or a funeral or church.  When people chase and attack you…and you flee…and they keep chasing and attacking you…you have a legal right to protect your life.

Nice analogy there. 🙄

Arresting him and charging while things were sorted out is how it is and should be done. 

This was, in my mind anyway, not a clear cut case of self defense.  

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Not when culture infiltrates policy.  

Culture wars are why this case was brought.  

Death threats for the judge, defense, defendant, and jury.   Jury intimidation from activists, INCLUDING activist media.  

Case never should have been brought.   Case should have been open and shut in deliberations.    The reason it was brought, and the (likely) reason the jury took so long is due to the intimidation/threats they were very aware of. 

The ****ing POTUS called Rittenhouse a white supremacist. 

For a stronger point.. I used to be open to M4A.  Never again, after I’ve seen how so many supporters of M4A either support, or acquiesce, to government mandates and pressure over covid vaccination.   I can appreciate the theory of Medicare For All, but I will never support it after seeing the culture surrounding vaccination and how one side of the aisle has been willing to become authoritarian in an instant.  That’s far too much power for people who want to punitively hurt those who disagree with them. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nice analogy there. 🙄

Arresting him and charging while things were sorted out is how it is and should be done. 

it is a good analogy.  It forces you to understand your point was wrong.  You can disagree that it was clear cut self-defense, that’s fine.  What was silly was saying people who discharge guns and kill people should always get charged.

and arresting and charging people with the crimes while you sort stuff out is actually not how it is normally done. Nor how it should be done.  And that’s your misunderstanding here. 

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nice analogy there. 🙄

He should never have been charged

He should have been detained for questioning, pending an investigation.

The DA should have figured out this is text book self defense and let him go if they actually did their job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, unbillievable said:

He should never have been charged

He should have been detained for questioning, pending an investigation.

The DA should have figured out this is text book self defense and let him go if they actually did their job.

Exactly.  Thinking people should be arrested and charged with crimes while the government figures out if a crime has been committed is insanity and ass backwards.  

people should be charged with crimes…wait for it…when the government believes a crime has been committed and is willing to prosecute it.

here, that video alone results in no charges under any scenario that is not politics.  

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Doesn't feel like the MSM has learned that lesson.

Already saw an article stating that they need to remove self defense laws.

That's why the MSM is the enemy of the people.  They compound their stupidity with more stupidity.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think it's time to change the title of the thread to Wisconsin hero defends himself from three felons

He doesn't live in Wisconsin. 

There's also videos of your hero beating a woman.

He's as much of a shitstain as the 3 felons he killed. 

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

He doesn't live in Wisconsin. 

There's also videos of your hero beating a woman.

He's as much of a shitstain as the 3 felons he killed. 

He literally lives on a border Town and has family in Kenosha

And he killed a pedophile.. sorry he's not as bad as that piece of s*** 

And where's this video of him indiscriminately beating women lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He literally lives on a border Town and has family in Kenosha

Cool. I live on the border of Canada and have family in Fort Erie. I'm not from Canada or Ontario.

The video is all over the internet. Google it.

Edited by 716er

I hated this case and everything it said about modern day America.

- Black man shot by cops. A tragedy? Yes. He's crippled for life. Justifiable shooting? I think so. The cops were called to a classic dangerous/domestic violence scene, and the alleged perpetrator/victim (take your pick, they both fit the bill) did something stupid that caused the cop to think he was probably reaching for something dangerous.

- Idiot antifa "protesters" - White protesters - see this as an excuse to break stuff and burn someone else's city down. Some bring guns to a peaceful protest.

- Idiot chubby girlish looking Illinois boy decides he's gonna be the big man and brings his rifle to the riot. Tries to act tough patrolling the streets of someone else's city in someone else's state.

And shockingly it all ends with dead bodies.

From what I saw of the evidence and read of the law, I probably would've acquitted him too. He was guilty of stupidity, of trying to inflame an already explosive situation, but probably not of homicide under Wisconsin law under these circumstances. He is no hero. He is a moron. An acquitted moron, but a moron nonetheless. So too are his victims (or, as the judge would have it, recipients of his bullets).

I've always disliked that old phrase that always pops up around here: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." But it applies here better than any other sentiment.

People: just stop. Stop trying to get back at the man by breaking stuff and burning things of innocent people. Stop trying to be a self-appointed hero by fighting back against Idiot Team A by forming Idiot Team B. Respect the law. Protest and call for justice where you should. Jacob Blake? Not a hero. Cop who shot Jacob Blake? Not a hero (or a villain; just a cop trying to protect himself when an arrest went bad). Mr. Grosskreutz, the survivor with no biceps?  Rittenhouse? Not a hero. Other than the wrong-place, wrong-time cop, all parts of the problem, not the solution.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I don’t think he is a hero.  And he foolishly put himself in a dangerous position that could get people killed.

but he was clearly innocent and it’s wild they took him to trial given the video evidence.  

You're right that he definitely didn't put himself in a great position 

But at the end of the day if you can't defend yourself in this country you have nothing

The justice system saved all of our lives today

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

NY Pols trying to get on that defamation list with the quickness. 

DiBlasio, Cuomo, James etc.. the whole gang back at it again with the Twitter fingers. 

I particularly despise DiBlasio and am hopeful Eric Adams can bring some common sense and competency back to the mayor's office in NYC.  Most of these other clowns are beyond hope too.  Still unwilling to face the reality that this tragedy occurred during rioting and looting.  Still parroting the peaceful protest narrative which I expect anyone with an ounce of common sense isn't buying.  Still reaching for the stars to pull the white supremacy angle out of their asses.  They sound like fools given the context of the facts.

If anyone's to blame for the uncivil and contentious environment that enabled the tragedy of Kenosia to occur and continues to ferment unrest and hostility its the political class on the extremes.  From my perspective they are less than useless and do nothing to bring people closer to compromise and understanding.  Rather they serve to drive everyone apart in support of their own personal ambitions for power.  No society can survive with "leadership" that acts in this self-serving manner.  Time to kick their sorry asses to the curb.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thankfully there's some common sense left in this country

I think it's time to change the title of the thread to Wisconsin hero defends himself from three felons

While I agree with the verdict, Rittenhouse is not a hero.  He isn't a murderer.  He isn't a vigilante. He isn't a white supremacist.  And he isn't a hero.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

JUSTICE IS DONE: 

Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted of all charges in Kenosha shooting.

This is a big deal not only because of the merits of the individual case, which manifestly shouldn’t have been brought,

but because all the effort around it by the left was aimed at establishing the principle that their thugs could riot in the streets, but that normals don’t dare resist.

This is a huge setback for that effort.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/19/kyle-rittenhouse-acquitted-of-all-charges-in-kenosha-shooting/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Bullsh*t like that needs to be backed up with a link please.

It is a video of a kid that looks vaguely like him who was taped a week or so prior to the riots. It is most likely not him but since it fits the bill the liberals say it is