Jessica Pegula on ESPN2

Giuseppe Tognarelli

2 hours ago, zonabb said:

Does fandom have to extend to what the owners' kids do? Who cares, honestly. She is a mediocre tennis player basically playing professional tennis as a hobby because her parents can support her financially. Anyone her age, with the inability to climb to any substantial position in the rankings, would have retired into a real job by now. In other words, who cares. I don't. And I don't care about the other garbage they do, shops they open, businesses they buy. The hero worship is astounding.

Top 5 Tips for Millennials on Starting Side Hustle - Fresh Design ...

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

She's in the quarterfinal now and not doing too hot in this match it appears but figured some of you might like to tune in.

I knew she was a professional but just looked her up and didn't know she broke the top 100 in the WTA in 2019.

Made over $1,000.000 in prize money.

Good for her and her parents! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I think we all think fondly of the Pegulas.. 

I mean I’m not about to pounce on the kid for playing tennis, I’m not that specifically petty,  but as for the fam overall...”meh”.

TP just rubs me the wrong way, has from the beginning. I’m certainly glad we have two pro franchises that will remain in Buffalo for the foreseeable future, but I would agree that the hero worship gets to be a bit much.

3 hours ago, zonabb said:

Does fandom have to extend to what the owners' kids do? Who cares, honestly. She is a mediocre tennis player basically playing professional tennis as a hobby because her parents can support her financially. Anyone her age, with the inability to climb to any substantial position in the rankings, would have retired into a real job by now. In other words, who cares. I don't. And I don't care about the other garbage they do, shops they open, businesses they buy. The hero worship is astounding.

Have to? no. some people care, honestly. even if you claim you don't. although you seem to considering you made the effort to post this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Methinks ya doooooo

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I mean I’m not about to pounce on the kid for playing tennis, I’m not that specifically petty,  but as for the fam overall...”meh”.

TP just rubs me the wrong way, has from the beginning. I’m certainly glad we have two pro franchises that will remain in Buffalo for the foreseeable future, but I would agree that the hero worship gets to be a bit much.

Thanks for sharing, hope you find a toilet paper alternative ?

• Haha (+1) 2

Fair enough. But are you watching?

If you aren't watching women's tennis right now then you're not a real Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, zonabb said:

She is far from mediocre she is about to be top 50 in the world. If you don’t like tennis that’s fine but the OP was not wrong. Jessica is on the verge of being an elite player . 

• Thank you (+1) 2

What in freaking hell is wrong with some people?  And in this instance, you?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I bet you're fun at parties.

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

You keep using that word... | You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It  Means What You Think It Means | Know Your Meme

What's with the references to "hero worship"??   

Is it so terrible to have some baseline appreciation that the Bills don't have the kind of bumbling, incompetent ownership they had for decades any longer?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, zonabb said:

No, it doesn’t have to, but.............I happen to be a tennis fan and would have tuned in had I been home and available. I’ve enjoyed watching her matches in the past. I appreciate that @Giuseppe Tognarelli made the effort to give us the heads up. If you don’t like it, you can just ignore it easily enough. 

Short answer: I care. Nobody asked you to care. Feel free to move along and ignore it. Very simple. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.