Field position and points: Keep Bass, Hauschka, Edwards and Bojorquez on the 53

We all can agree, NFL games are won and lost by field position and points. A bad punt can leave your defense with a short field.  A missed 55 yd field goal - no points.

This team is ready to win, and winning requires good field position and points.

Keep Bass as our long field goal kicker...anything over 50 yards, he comes on the field.

Keep Hauschka for the 20-40 yd field goals...he's money.

Keep Bojorquez for shorter punts when you need the ball placed inside the 15 yd line or when there's a southeasterly wind at the stadium (to crate a cross wind with his left foot).

Keep Edwards for longer punts and drop kicks. He's Australian and they utilize the drop kick a lot in that league. Would be a nice wrinkle for the Bills and can score points.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That is too many for ST’s 

can they afford not having depth at other valued positions?

Missed 55 yd field goals = Gift to the opposing offense.

Bad punt = Gift to opposing offense.

If you excel at skill players on ST (by reducing number of depth players at CB or OL for instance) you increase your chances of winning based on the theorum I wrote below:

ST Player1, ST Player2, ST Player3, ST Player4 x .50 (50% increase in convertible field position points) - CB4 x OL4 = 33% Increase in Points 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

That’s a tall order in a Covid year.  But you’ve made some strong points Ferg.  Still I’d be hard-pressed to carry that into a final roster.  At this point, we know what we have in Haush.  A big price for a fading leg.  I say it’s bass season!  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DFT said:

That’s a tall order in a Covid year.  But you’ve made some strong points Ferg.  Still I’d be hard-pressed to carry that into a final roster.  At this point, we know what we have in Haush.  A big price for a fading leg.  I say it’s bass season!  

I like that "Bass Season"!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

OP, I had same idea about kickers today but decided not to post it to avoid inevitable flame :) I think it has some merits if Hauschka looks better / more effective on shorter FGs but does not have a leg to kick 50+, and Bass looks good enough over 50.

I can imagine have two punters with different skillsets but I guess thats just too much given roster limitations on game day.

I think its possible that they keep Hauschka and Bass but no way. A key thing to remember is if a guy is released now, they can rollover that saved cap into next year when apparently the cap is going to be much lower.

This is why I think guys like Murphy, Hauschka, DiMarco are more likely to be cut because their value has dropped in the team's eyes and they save money for next years impending salary cap restructure.

39 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

We all can agree, NFL games are won and lost by field position and points. A bad punt can leave your defense with a short field.  A missed 55 yd field goal - no points.

This team is ready to win, and winning requires good field position and points.

Keep Bass as our long field goal kicker...anything over 50 yards, he comes on the field.

Keep Hauschka for the 20-40 yd field goals...he's money.

Keep Bojorquez for shorter punts when you need the ball placed inside the 15 yd line or when there's a southeasterly wind at the stadium (to crate a cross wind with his left foot).

Keep Edwards for longer punts and drop kicks. He's Australian and they utilize the drop kick a lot in that league. Would be a nice wrinkle for the Bills and can score points.

Thoughts?

I think the Bills also need a 3rd punter that can throw the ball for fake punts, and a 3rd kicker for extra points to keep the other two kickers fresh.

• Haha (+1) 2