Batting Average: Rep Score/# of Posts

dubs

25 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Not too concerned on the rep points system.  Have something witty and insightful to say on TSW just after somebody starts a thread and you will usually gain 15-20 points.  Also, I think responding to people like Tiberius works against a poster.  I prefer to deal with him just to make a greater point for those who care to read it.  You never know what naive person is out there and lurks versus posts that may need to be set straight on quite a number of issues.  So if I really am hung up over rep points and percentages I could game the system and substantially boost those factors.  I also know how to game the online Monopoly game to win over 3/4's of the time.  I learned a long time ago freshman year in college that such programs are biased by the programmer's own biases.  

yeah, I mean I just thought it was a funny little distraction from all the serious talk and fighting back and forth. 

I usually don’t see the point because I rarely go on ppp from my computer, usually phone. I saw the numbers and just popped into my head, the idea of points to posts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ha, I like this idea.  Though anyone who posts a lot of tweets, articles, and memes is going to be skewered towards positive results.  And unsurprisingly, the results are going to favor towards the people with the majority political opinion.  

I still like this though

Edited by Crayola64

1 hour ago, DFT said:

Question...  Does this mean I can officially tell my wife I’m sponge-worthy?  

Also, is there an official form of some kind that one might receive notarized?  Asking for a friend...

Birth control between the two of you should not be decided here.

• Haha (+1) 1

Skews against long-time poasters due to rep points being added three or four years ago. DC Tom and Darin would have abysmal “batting averages” but Darin contributed a lot of good stuff and Tom...is Tom. 

• Like (+1) 1

Pffft...

I miss The Dude.

This place circlejerks a lot, upvoting parrotspeak. The Dude was like the only one who wasn't completely liberal and would go against the grain, sometimes. That is until he got really mad about something.

Edited by Paulus

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

Skews against long-time poasters due to rep points being added three or four years ago. DC Tom and Darin would have abysmal “batting averages” but Darin contributed a lot of good stuff and Tom...is Tom. 

Good posters here of all types regardless of ratings.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Good posters here of all types regardless of ratings.   

I agree, even the ones I disagree with are good posters, even Tibs, probably a nice guy to have a beer with and talk sports, but certainly not politics

Edited by bilzfancy

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

? bdutton 

Hi 

Wow. An actual funny/clever post. We knew you had it in you. 

4 hours ago, dubs said:

Thought it might be interesting to look at the reputation score relative to the number of posts from various, randomly selected users.  Included myself in the sample.  There are two huge outliers in this data set, @Buffalo_Gal is the clear champion on one end.  I just grabbed a bunch of the posters from a recent thread.  Could be a good addition to the profiles....helpful information, especially for newer people to understand who they are exchanging posts with.

image.png.ce70a7214bb19eb516bb9300de80efb8.png

?

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

Pffft...

I miss The Dude.

This place circlejerks a lot, upvoting parrotspeak. The Dude was like the only one who wasn't completely liberal and would go against the grain, sometimes. That is until he got really mad about something.

The Dude was mad (insane) all the time. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Wow. An actual funny/clever post. We knew you had it in you. 

?

The Dude was mad (insane) all the time. 

I think people go to war and bring a bit back with them, which is just too much for others, sometimes. That said, he said things that needed to be said, but was not said. What set him off in the end? I can only imagine how crazy he'd be about the Epstein situation.

5a1698f7dd9a96b35c2285fd2a4bde24.jpg

^^I believe there is a lot of wisdom to it^^

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, dubs said:

whatdrought is in rarified air, above 1.0

image.png.7741ad97da0781447e80b30183e3c83d.png

It's a delicate balance between being humorous and mocking the idiots on the game day threads. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

giphy.gif

I appreciate this post, but I can't upvote it cause apparently I need to be considering the rankings from here on out.... 

?

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 6

24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It may be a convenient excuse, but on behalf of us old timers I'll point out that the reputation score started many years after the post counts began!!

There should also be a forum breakdown... Some of yall stroke each other's egos quite a bit on here (PPP), leading to false positives...

1596650224449.jpg

Edited by Paulus
  • Haha (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, bdutton said:

BTW... thank you OP for creating a thread in the PPP that crosses political lines and brings us (mostly) together.

SneakyJitteryAdamsstaghornedbeetle-small

People of all political stripes can agree that gatorman is an idiot, no matter how many times he changes his user name.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It may be a convenient excuse, but on behalf of us old timers I'll point out that the reputation score started many years after the post counts began!!

I think the invention of the light bulb came many years after some of our post counts began. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

I wonder who are the oldest (in terms of when they joined) posters on PPP - is there an easy way to figure that out?

2001 was my first year. Though I didn't post I don't think until late that year after nearly a year of lurking. I don't think my first post in PPP was until 2003 or 2004.