Horrible Harry...the forgotten man?

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Let's see how well this thread ages in a month.

I’m guessing you may not be here by then to discuss..

Anyway, yes, the early injury has left Harry forgotten following a playoff season. If completely healed, he’ll be instrumental in a playoff return.

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Harry and Ed 0 probably start at this point 

They dont have to rush Harry back because we have a lot of versatile players that can contribute to the rotation as well.  So I expect they will bring Harry along slowly to assure no set backs because he wont have the benefit of a full camp and preseason to really test it or gain his confidence that he's fully past the injury.  My guess, is Harry starts the year off in the 2nd unit rotation and then by mid season the main starters will be Harry and Ed moving forward.  

The one good thing like I said and we all already know, is we have a deep DL overall and several versatile players.  So the "starting" designation won't be that important as McD loves versatility and having fresh guys that he can rotate around down there in the trenches.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do appreciate it is a statement of the bleeding obvious but there are a lot of people just presuming he will be back to full health and as good as before and I think that is a risky assumption. That's all. 

I was just yankin your chain lol

It's a very tough injury to come back from , especially for an athletic 300-pounder

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I really think he was a long shot to even make the team before Star opted out, given how many DT's they've got. I think his chance to make the team is drastically improved now, but I just don't think he's been anything special so far. Kyle took a few years to get going, so there's still hope, but its far form a sure thing. They did just sign two more today, so they obviously aren't satisfied with what they have at the position.

That's just not true...

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

How about that he ranked no higher than 3rd on DT snap counts during that time?

I fail to see how it's controversial to suggest that a fringe player is a fringe player on a team that's been extremely aggressive at getting more bodies at the position. Once again, he's going to be no higher than 3rd on the depth chart. The fact that Star opted out saved that from being 4th as a best-case. I'm rooting for the kid, but it isn't some bananas theory that he could not make the team.

He has has never been even close to a fringe player. He was a major contributor. And once he is healthy he will be a starter next to Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

And it's impossible that if Star Lotulelei hadn't opted out the rotation this year could've been something like : Loutlelei - Oliver - Butler - Taylor - Jefferson?

Yes, impossible. Phillips was getting rotated in just as often as Star and Oliver before his injury.

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Our best DT through 2 games played with 3 combined tackles and a half sack? Ok man. Maybe go be offended somewhere else. This is a dumb hill to die on.

Are you thinking of Jordan Phillips?

Stats don't always tell how well a DL is playing

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

He can play the honky-tonk like anything.

Saving it up for Friday night

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yes, impossible. Phillips was getting rotated in just as often as Star and Oliver before his injury.

I mean that's factually incorrect, he was the 4th DT in snap counts Game 1 , 3rd in Game 2 and 2nd in Game 3.

I'm not really interested in arguing about it anymore, though. It's beyond boring to have a small innocuous comment drag out pages when the data exists.