Chris Hogan sign with the Jets

Virgil

Being he is way down the list of coveted players in the league, he is a space filler guy on a team that needs real help, mostly at HC... sure hope they resign Gase... ?

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Not sure if we care about him anymore, but I know a few here liked him.  

He looked like he was going to do well in New England for a bit 

He did do fairly well in NE and got paid more than I expected he would. He did have a QB that was a little better than Darnold though. A little better...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Hogan developed into a good complimentary WR but I think injuries and age have taken a toll on him.  Not playing with the greatest QB ever probably doesn’t help your production either.

Probably not a bad signing for a street FA in August, but then again - there’s a reason he was a street FA in August

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

He did do fairly well in NE and got paid more than I expected he would. He did have a QB that was a little better than Darnold though. A little better...

i suppose being better at cheating and whining does help WR performance a little.

I'm a Hogan fan.  A great addition for the Jets, because he will bring some stability and leadership to a situation that seems almost like chaos.  

He will be more important in the locker room than on the field.  He isn't a guy who can help carry the team with big-time plays - he's only a role player in an offensive scheme, but he will teach the team something about commitment and excellence. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I have not checked Hogan’s stats as of late.  Did he finally edge out Da’Rick in terms of NFL accomplishments ? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

DaRick, that’s funny.  I liked Hogan when he was here and he was 7/11.  Mr. Lacrosse lived up to that nickname.  He only had modest numbers even in NE.  I’m happy for he and his wife and their twin children.  Besides she’s a doctor from Long Island so they can ostensibly live close to where they grew up.  He went to Penn State so he probably grew up near her.

As mentioned, the Jets are a mess, so if he has a good year, good for him.  As long as it’s not against us.  Darnold will probably get the ball to him especially since he has so few other quality targets.  I actually have nothing against Darnold, and feel bad for him as he didn’t choose to be drafted by the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm a Hogan fan.  A great addition for the Jets, because he will bring some stability and leadership to a situation that seems almost like chaos.  

He will be more important in the locker room than on the field.  He isn't a guy who can help carry the team with big-time plays - he's only a role player in an offensive scheme, but he will teach the team something about commitment and excellence. 

This sounds nice, though I doubt he has the cache' to command anyone's attention.

• Like (+1) 1

This is what you do for a 3ed year QB, surround him with great talents like Hogan , no excuses for Darnold now ! 

Week 1 we're going to see the trio of Perriman, Crowder and Hogan . With the rookie Mims banged up , he probably doesn't play or has a limited role. 

Hope our secondary could handle that firepower!??

47 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

This sounds nice, though I doubt he has the cache' to command anyone's attention.

I agree that he isn't a star who commands attention, but on a team that doesn't seem to have any stars with the kind of work ethic that leads, anyone who does it the right way helps.  If the Jets win 11 games this season, no one is going to say Hogan turned the team around, but he is going to be at least one guy who every day will show his teammates what it means to be a professional.  One is better than none, two is better one.  

McDermott obviously values DiMarco, Lee Smith and Star for exactly this reason.