Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

41 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I don't support the black lives matter message because it is a communist cause.  I support All Lives Matter and we are equal in the the eyes of GOD.

Oh my God (pun intended)!!! Some of you purposely love getting things wrong.  Where do you get your information from?  I mean I could probably guess but the basis of the message is that black lives seem to matter less in this country.  All they want is equality.  There have been tons of information about the double standards minorities face in this country.  See how minorities drug offenses were treated completed to their white counterparts.  If you are against this message, you are willfully ignorant.

and I’m a Roman Catholic and very spiritual.  But some of the worst and most judgmental people I have ever meant claim to be the most religious.  They think because they go to church once a week, it makes them better than others.  Ask yourself, would Jesus be condemning this movement or would he be walking with them?  If you think it’s the former, you need to re-read the Bible. 

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

Wow “the city of good neighbors” just doesn’t quite earn its nickname in this thread. There is a politics section so hey mods isn’t there some way next time to find a way to steer this whole thing there ! This isn’t a football discussion.

This country is totally divided so can’t we at least acknowledge it and keep the Bills fans away from these topics in the football discussion pages ? I can rant about my political views to my 20K Twitter followers if I want to feel heard about that....I come to TBD to talk football. 

You're not wrong, but the NFL stepped squarely into this mess and brought the politics with it.  

2 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

You're not wrong, but the NFL stepped squarely into this mess and brought the politics with it.  

What mess? Equality?  The NFL also started taking military money and all of a sudden became super patriotic.  That’s not political?

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For real.  Oh no. Racist fans are going to quit watching because players are pieces of meat to them and they don’t care about what they and their families have to go through.  

it’s hilarious that in a league that has domestic violence, murderers, scum like Richie Incognito (who a lot of those fans threatening to quit probably love), the thing that gets some people the most angry is silent protesting for racial equality.  What does that say about you?

Come on man.  Does anyone care what a garbage man's family goes through?  If anything, the league has made these players "pieces of meat", not the fans.  The word racist has been thrown around so loosely now that it is no longer the ultimate insult.  Instead, it has come to mean "I don't agree with you/you look different than me".  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Come on man.  Does anyone care what a garbage man's family goes through?  If anything, the league has made these players "pieces of meat", not the fans.  The word racist has been thrown around so loosely now that it is no longer the ultimate insult.  Instead, it has come to mean "I don't agree with you/you look different than me".  

Do you spend money to watch a garbage man works?  That’s a silly comparison.  

and I care about the players and I care about really making America great.  These players have a lot of power and I’m glad they are using it.  How that bothers anyone blows my mind.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I know what you said.

I was asking klos63, what he thinks.

To save time, I have a similar answer. Although I didn't know the history as far as the original german organization.

I think they are people with similar views, but independent actions.

4 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

I don’t know why you think I’m getting my information from those people. That seems like quite a jump to me, but then again I don’t readily watch the 24/7 news cycle. It’s all about sensationalism. You know what happens when you assume right? 

I don’t need the 24/7 news cycle to tell me what I’m reading in my advanced degree studies, or what I’m seeing in the streets. Maybe you do? 

Their whole platform is based in intersectionalism, critical race theory, and Marxist ideologies. I’ve studied this nonsense and it’s only a reach to the uninitiated. Those who listen to black lives matter and agree with it (for good reasons) are looking at it literally, I would agree with them. They don’t understand what BLM actually stands for. So I’ll continue to battle the narrative. Yes, Black Lives DO MATTER and I’ll affirm that!  At the same time, the movement is absolutely destructive to the core. If we don’t wake up, we will soon not recognize this country.

At the heart of the matter is the premise that black lives are killed disproportionately compared to others in the world. Say I have you that premise as true. Here’s a question for you, how many people total have been killed by officers last year (this number is consistent for decades). 

I'm not saying you get your information directly from them, but their voices carry, they say it and then it gets repeated and then to some it becomes fact.

How many people killed by officers isn't the most important factor here, it's a system that allows racism in it's practice. That's the main issue.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

To save time, I have a similar answer. Although I didn't know the history as far as the original german organization.

I think they are people with similar views, but independent actions.

I'm not saying you get your information directly from them, but their voices carry, they say it and then it gets repeated and then to some it becomes fact.

How many people killed by officers isn't the most important factor here, it's a system that allows racism in it's practice. That's the main issue.

I don’t believe in systemic racism, it’s a boogy man placed there to make it an easy lazy explanation. Could it be something else causing what people say is racism? Does anyone ever think themselves anymore, “well yeah, it could be racism but are there other plausible reasons?”  This seems to be the crux of the issue. Those intersectional theorists, Marxist idealists, and critical theory race baiters, don’t want you to think otherwise. The benefit of the doubt is never allowed, that’s wrong think. You’re a racist or any other of a number of -ists if you say otherwise.  There’s no room for debate and that is a dangerous precedent to set my friend. 

My opinions are my own, through my own research. 

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

and I care about the players and I care about really making America great.  These players have a lot of power and I’m glad they are using it.  How that bothers anyone blows my mind.  

Is it?  Aren't we all men, equally?  I hope you see the irony.

4 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I don’t believe in systemic racism, it’s a boogy man placed there to make it an easy lazy explanation. Could it be something else causing what people say is racism? Does anyone ever think themselves anymore, “well yeah, it could be racism but are there other plausible reasons?”  This seems to be the crux of the issue. Those intersectional theorists, Marxist idealists, and critical theory race baiters, don’t want you to think otherwise. The benefit of the doubt is never allowed, that’s wrong think. You’re a racist or any other of a number of -ists if you say otherwise.  There’s no room for debate and that is a dangerous precedent to set my friend. 

My opinions are my own, through my own research. 

When I start seeing videos of white people treated the same as we have seen of black people in far too many of these horrendous videos, I'll be more likely to agree with you. And police are not the only area to look at. Much too big a discussion for bits and pieces here.  Have a good one.

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is kind of where I’m at. I just can’t wrap my head around how anyone can be bothered by someone else using their platform to convey a message important to THEM? No one is forcing you to do anything. They have been shaped by their environment and experiences. Their perception of this country and situation is different from yours or mine. We all have different experiences that shape our values and beliefs. I don’t understand telling someone else that THEIR (again not your) beliefs are wrong.

Musicians and athletes have used their platforms for decades to put a spotlight on the issues that are important to them. How you choose to embrace or oppose those messages is up to you. We shouldn’t be shouting down the messengers though!! The “I’m not watching if____” people are doing exactly that. The “I don’t want politics in sports” people are the same way. Unfortunately sports are played by people with a massive audience and influence. It’s ALWAYS going to be that way so get used to it. Don’t have an issue with them using their platforms. That makes you a bad person. Having a differing opinion from the message is the foundation of this country. Stop blaming the messenger and discuss the message!! This thread has had a little of both. If you are “stick to sports” guy/girl spend sometime in the mirror asking why you’re mad at the messenger? 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Could you imagine if all this was flipped.... if BLM was actually a conservative group and actually helped their black communities and funded conservatives movements.... and BLM was everywhere you looked. 

Imagine how liberals would be acting right now considering how they handle issue like this.... 

Its proven that BLM organization is a political organization. Therefore it has zero place in sports. Sports unite us, politics divide us(at least the childish “adults”).... I don’t agree, it’s propaganda and free advertising for a Marxist organization.

Its just like saying imagine what the liberals would do if all the illegal immigrants had intentions on coming here to vote for Trump. The liberals would fund that wall. The wall is about safety and sovereignty not politics. People lives matter. Black people have suffered a great amount. But we can all be better. Be better by not supporting organization that want to destroy our foundation and only fund a specific political agenda and are disguised as if it’s all about Black Lives and supporting their communities.... that’s the issue. People are just uneducated or just actually believe in BLM organization intentions. Which is fine... just not in sports ok!!!!

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Could you imagine if all this was flipped.... if BLM was actually a conservative group and actually helped their black communities and funded conservatives movements.... and BLM was everywhere you looked. 

Imagine how liberals would be acting right now considering how they handle issue like this.... 

Its proven that BLM organization is a political organization. Therefore it has zero place in sports. Sports unite us, politics divide us(at least the childish “adults”).... I don’t agree, it’s propaganda and free advertising for a Marxist organization.

Its just like saying imagine what the liberals would do if all the illegal immigrants had intentions on coming here to vote for Trump. The liberals would fund that wall. The wall is about safety and sovereignty not politics. People lives matter. Black people have suffered a great amount. But we can all be better. Be better by not supporting organization that want to destroy our foundation and only fund a specific political agenda.

Dear lord.  What is this?  

How do some you go through life making everything political?  If conservatives were for black lives, of course it would be supported.  If Trump could say black lives matter and not call their protestors thugs and animals (while praising armed white protestors as patriots), he would probably be re-elected.

thinking racial equality is political is absolutely idiotic.  Why does everything have to be political?  That Anthony wiener guy (so ironic) is a pervert regardless of party.  I thought Trump was a joke long before he ran for president and he has proven to one of the worst leaders ever.  Why is that a political opinion?  If he was a football coach, we could do this.  I don’t care if he’s republican or Democrat (which he was for a lot of his life)?

and you realize Mike Pence wasted tax payers dollars to stage a walk out at a Colts game, right?  How is that making sports political?

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is kind of where I’m at. I just can’t wrap my head around how anyone can be bothered by someone else using their platform to convey a message important to THEM? No one is forcing you to do anything. They have been shaped by their environment and experiences. Their perception of this country in situation is different from yours or mine. We all have different experiences that shape our values and beliefs. I don’t understand telling someone else that THEIR (again not your) beliefs are wrong.

Musicians and athletes have used their platforms for decades to put a spotlight on the issues that are important to them. How you choose to embrace or oppose those messages is up to you. We shouldn’t be shouting down the messengers though!! The “I’m not watching if____” people are doing exactly that. The “I don’t want politics in sports” people are the same way. Unfortunately sports are played by people with a massive audience and influence. It’s ALWAYS going to be that way so get used to it. Don’t have an issue with them using their platforms. That makes you a bad person. Having a differing opinion from the message is the foundation of this country. Stop blaming the messenger and discuss the message!! This thread has had a little of both. If you are “stick to sports” guy/girl spend sometime in the mirror asking why you’re mad at the messenger? 

I agree with this, and the message, except for one thing.  This isn't a case of a player using "their" platform.  A player took it upon himself to use "the teams" or "franchise owners" platform.  Its not the same thing.  If the player gained consent, that's another story.  Its no different than an employee of any business using their time at work to promote whatever it is they want to.  I get why it was done, but lets no omit the fact that this platform was hijacked.  

28 minutes ago, klos63 said:

When I start seeing videos of white people treated the same as we have seen of black people in far too many of these horrendous videos, I'll be more likely to agree with you. And police are not the only area to look at. Much too big a discussion for bits and pieces here.  Have a good one.

You won’t because people have no interest in recording those incidents, it does not jive with the narrative.  Tony Timba is one that actually was taped. Go find that video and see how eerily similar it is to George Floyd, where was the outcry then? This ideology seeks to make race a factor again and pit the races against one another. I was taught to treat everyone the same, but now I’m told that view is racist. Does that not seem absolutely ridiculous on its face?

Its all out there for you to see, don’t take my word for it. You don’t know me any more than this message board. Don’t just listen to the narrative, do some digging and research on it. There’s a more sinister underbelly that is wrapped up in a pretty box of social justice propoganda.

Edited by HamSandwhich

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is kind of where I’m at. I just can’t wrap my head around how anyone can be bothered by someone else using their platform to convey a message important to THEM? No one is forcing you to do anything. They have been shaped by their environment and experiences. Their perception of this country and situation is different from yours or mine. We all have different experiences that shape our values and beliefs. I don’t understand telling someone else that THEIR (again not your) beliefs are wrong.

I agree to a point. I’m open to everyone peacefully protesting, even on the field before the game. It doesn’t hurt me, and if it helps others more power to them. 

But i am kinda a “stick with sports” guy in that, once the games on I’d really like the commentary to be about the game and the game alone. 

I mean, I ignore friends and family online, I walk away during certain conversations at a bbq. I’m one for conversation but mostly it’s just a group of people slanted so far one way there’s no conversation to be had. 

Social media’s the same. Like minded people “liking” each other’s comments. The opposition always opposing. Same ol same ol. I turn on the game to get away from the constant onslaught. 

Like i said, I’m all for players protesting whatever way they feel helps. I just hope the conversation the entire game isn’t political, with political commercials, and political “uplifting” stories throughout. There is a point where it actually hurts the message, if overdone. And we know the NFL doesn’t get subtlety. 

That with covid, covid relief, etc. I don’t know if they’ll find time to talk about the game at all. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What mess? Equality?  The NFL also started taking military money and all of a sudden became super patriotic.  That’s not political?

Equality the way you say it is not the way they (BLM) mean it. 

8 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

I agree with this, and the message, except for one thing.  This isn't a case of a player using "their" platform.  A player took it upon himself to use "the teams" or "franchise owners" platform.  Its not the same thing.  If the player gained consent, that's another story.  Its no different than an employee of any business using their time at work to promote whatever it is they want to.  I get why it was done, but lets no omit the fact that this platform was hijacked.  

Hey master, can I protest against my oppression???

do you know how protests have worked through history?  Should Martin Luther King gotten racist George Wallace permission before he protest?  Harriet Tubman probably should have checked with the slave owners before she went on the Underground Railroad, right?

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I never understood these type of complaints. Scroll on by man.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dang, can we just lock this thread already? I think it has run its course....

I’m rather enjoying the back and forth. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

Equality the way you say it is not the way they (BLM) mean it. 

Who is they?  Who are you getting your information from?  

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dang, can we just lock this thread already? I think it has run its course....

What a silly post.  I know this is a super hard concept to understand but if you don’t want to post in something, ignore it.  While I haven’t read the whole thread, it’s been fairly civil this morning.  

this is the mindset that is ruining this country.  People would rather ignore inequality than address it.  And if you have a different point of view, it’s good to have a civil conversation about it.  Political ideologies have ruined this country.  Both sides suck and the truth is in the middle.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dear lord.  What is this?  

How do some you go through life making everything political?  If conservatives were for black lives, of course it would be supported.  If Trump could say black lives matter and not call their protestors thugs and animals (while praising armed white protestors as patriots), he would probably be re-elected.

thinking racial equality is political is absolutely idiotic.  Why does everything have to be political?  That Anthony wiener guy (so ironic) is a pervert regardless of party.  I thought Trump was a joke long before he ran for president and he has proven to one of the worst leaders ever.  Why is that a political opinion?  If he was a football coach, we could do this.  I don’t care if he’s republican or Democrat (which he was for a lot of his life)?

and you realize Mike Pence wasted tax payers dollars to stage a walk out at a Colts game, right?  How is that making sports political?

So you criticize a post being political but inject politics in yours?

Incredible stuff

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a silly post.  I know this is a super hard concept to understand but if you don’t want to post in something, ignore it.  While I haven’t read the whole thread, it’s been fairly civil this morning.  

this is the mindset that is ruining this country.  People would rather ignore inequality than address it.  And if you have a different point of view, it’s good to have a civil conversation about it.  Political ideologies have ruined this country.  Both sides suck and the truth is in the middle.  

Same goes for you, haha. If you don't like my post, ignore it.

So hypocritical.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was just pointing out how dumb it was.  Just stop posting in the thread brother.  No need to be a snitch and try to close it. 

I'll do whatever I want.

Close down this piece of crap thread, mods!

21 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

The players DID get authority from the top. These things are collectively bargained. The “Black Lives Matter” on the court in the bubble, for example, is an agreement between the players and league (ie ownership). The phrases on the backs of jerseys are the same thing. This was all agreed to by the parties. The only person, that I’ve seen, that has objected is Kelly Loeffler and her role as an owner of the Atlanta Dream. Other than that this has been a joint effort of ownership and players. 

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

So you criticize a post being political but inject politics in yours?

Incredible stuff

Huh? I called out both a Democrat and a Republican.  

I know plenty of republicans who think Trump is an idiot and hate that he is the face of the party.  Hell, even his biggest suck ups hated him until he won the nomination. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'll do whatever I want.

Close down this piece of crap thread, mods!

Mods, your boss MJS is telling you want to do.  You better do it or else!!!

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The players DID get authority from the top. These things are collectively bargained. The “Black Lives Matter” on the court in the bubble, for example, is an agreement between the players and league (ie ownership). The phrases on the backs of jerseys are the same thing. This was all agreed to by the parties. The only person, that I’ve seen, that has objected is Kelly Loeffler and her role as an owner of the Atlanta Dream. Other than that this has been a joint effort of ownership and players. 

I was talking about Kaep in the beginning.  

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I agree to a point. I’m open to everyone peacefully protesting, even on the field before the game. It doesn’t hurt me, and if it helps others more power to them. 

But i am kinda a “stick with sports” guy in that, once the games on I’d really like the commentary to be about the game and the game alone. 

I mean, I ignore friends and family online, I walk away during certain conversations at a bbq. I’m one for conversation but mostly it’s just a group of people slanted so far one way there’s no conversation to be had. 

Social media’s the same. Like minded people “liking” each other’s comments. The opposition always opposing. Same ol same ol. I turn on the game to get away from the constant onslaught. 

Like i said, I’m all for players protesting whatever way they feel helps. I just hope the conversation the entire game isn’t political, with political commercials, and political “uplifting” stories throughout. There is a point where it actually hurts the message, if overdone. And we know the NFL doesn’t get subtlety. 

That with covid, covid relief, etc. I don’t know if they’ll find time to talk about the game at all. 

You’re welcome to turn away from the games like you do social media. That’s the point. People are going to be people. I don’t disagree that it is going to be in your face at all times. You need to decide if you want to proceed watching knowing that will be the case. You have the option to keep going or to bow out. No one is forcing you, or anyone, to engage. The level that people will tolerate is different in all cases but it is personal. The players/league are coming to an agreement as to how they want to activate their platform and we decide if it is acceptable to us. For me, personally, I’m good either way. I’m not tuning in or out regardless of the message. Everyone is different though.

4 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Fair enough

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You’re welcome to turn away from the games like you do social media. That’s the point. People are going to be people. I don’t disagree that it is going to be in your face at all times. You need to decide if you want to proceed watching knowing that will be the case. You have the option to keep going or to bow out. No one is forcing you, or anyone, to engage. The level that people will tolerate is different in all cases but it is personal. The players/league are coming to an agreement as to how they want to activate their platform and we decide if it is acceptable to us. For me, personally, I’m good either way. I’m not tuning in or out regardless of the message. Everyone is different though.

Fair enough

I was just offering my opinion on the subject in a non- confrontational-open-minded way. 

Thanks for letting me know I have the ability to turn my own tv off though. 

Fun conversation. Reminds me why I typically walk away from them. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 hours ago, swimtoga said:

Point is, I’ve seen a lot of information saying their website says they’re Marxists and the want to destroy the nuclear family concept yet I can’t find a word about any of that on the BLM website. 

ok...where did you see "a lot of information" saying they are marxists and want to destroy the nuclear family ? you mean there are others like me that saw it , know it? 

4 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

ok...where did you see "a lot of information" saying they are marxists and want to destroy the nuclear family ? you mean there are others like me that saw it , know it? 

There are many people in this thread. like you, that are intentionally misquoting  a sentence to make it fit your claims, yes.

Edited by BullBuchanan

36 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Kaepernick and any teammate who wanted to, had the expressed permission from the 49ers to take a knee. 

12 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

really spoken like a true "patriot"  but clue me in.. WTH are you talking about?" 

We already went over this on page 19 where you suggested you can't be a family if there isn't a father present.

Based on your limited worldview it's no surprise that you also have a twisted view of "marxism".

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I said who it was in parenthesis. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I was just offering my opinion on the subject in a non- confrontational-open-minded way. 

Thanks for letting me know I have the ability to turn my own tv off though. 

Fun conversation. Reminds me why I typically walk away from them. 

Wasn’t meant to be confrontational. I’m sorry that you took it as such. The point was that everyone has a different level of tolerance. What they don’t have is control to change what they don’t like. The only power that they have is to tune out and if enough people do the league may react to avoid losing more money. Your options are continue to engage or walk away. Those are the two options that we are presented with whether we like it or or.

It is personal. For me, I really don’t care either way. I’m going to continue watching regardless. Some people are done already. Some are watching kicking and screaming. The “stick to sports” people want all messages to be removed. Unfortunately for them I don’t see that happening anytime soon. It comes back to tolerance. When it becomes “too much” for a segment of people and the bottom line gets hit the leagues will react accordingly. What is the tipping point? At the moment it doesn’t feel like they believe that they are close to that tipping point. They have been much more vocal than before and that’s because the data shows that the message will widely be accepted. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Wasn’t meant to be confrontational. I’m sorry that you took it as such. The point was that everyone has a different level of tolerance. What they don’t have is control to change what they don’t like. The only power that they have is to tune out and if enough people do the league may react to avoid losing more money. Your options are continue to engage or walk away. Those are the two options that we are presented with whether we like it or or.

It is personal. For me, I really don’t care either way. I’m going to continue watching regardless. Some people are done already. Some are watching kicking and screaming. The “stick to sports” people want all messages to be removed. Unfortunately for them I don’t see that happening anytime soon. It comes back to tolerance. When it becomes “too much” for a segment of people and the bottom line gets hit the leagues will react accordingly. What is the tipping point? At the moment it doesn’t feel like they believe that they are close to that tipping point. They have been much more vocal than before and that’s because the data shows that the message will widely be accepted. 

Okay, okay, maybe I did react too hastily. 

It kinda felt like I was being met with the “don’t like it, leave!” response. 

I agree with you, on most points, I just think the NFL is going to go it’s usual route and smash something in the watchers faces until they actually feel hostile about it. 

I feel this message deserves a little tact and subtlety. We need conversations, not opinions being pushed down throats. There’s entirely too much of that and it’s never coming from a place in the middle. It’s always leaning very far to one side. 

That will only serve to divide even more in my opinion. 

I much like yourself will not stop watching. I just hope they do it right is all. Because one thing we can all be sure of, is that they will in fact, do it. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/29/2020 at 4:11 PM, StHustle said:

I'm DONE with this team. With The Stadium. With the NFL. How dare they post messaging that says black lives matter. What about the other entitled races who hate anything they dont feel included in? Its boils my blood anytime I hear the phrase "Black Lives Matter" HOW DARE THEY LEAVE US OUT ?

-The overtly covert racist

Sheesh - we're you at Paula's donuts the other day?