Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

7 minutes ago, Capco said:

If you believe that being a right wing country allowed us to become a superpower and that there is some type of correlation there, then it's only logical that you'd support the US moving even further to the right, to the point of becoming a fascist state.  Wow...

And btw, the shift to the right didn't occur until the 80s.  The Greatest Generation and the policies of FDR that set the groundwork for America's greatness were not right wing policies at all.  The right wing polices of Herbert Hoover did wonders at fixing the Great Depression, didn't they?  

How'd you make that idiotic leap?   Are you so desperate for an argument that you can't put any more thought into your strawmen then that??

You're a joke.

Edited by KD in CA

28 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because Afghanistan was harboring terrorist cells.

The history of mankind is warfare that's the truth. From ancient Babylon, to the Greeks and Persians and Romans etc

We are not the first to fight. And we are fighting evil. If you saw what isis was doing to women and children the last few years , you would think they needed to be eradicated

We ARE the evil in the world as far as most of the world is concerned, including many of us who were born here. 

The US created ISIS when we invaded Iraq and started killing their citizens. GWB was an incompetent fool led around by the nose by Cheney who bred enough war and unrest int eh area to ensure a never ending profit machine. Much like the Treaty of Versailles, America's actions created a ripe environment for sons of dead fathers and fathers of dead sons to be radicalized to fight the west. We didn't finish the job we should have never started, and that's why ISIS is here. 

It's 100% America's fault.   

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

We ARE the evil in the world as far as most of the world is concerned, including many of us who were born here. 

The US created ISIS when we invaded Iraq and started killing their citizens. GWB was an incompetent fool led around by the nose by Cheney who bred enough war and unrest int eh area to ensure a never ending profit machine. Much like the Treaty of Versailles, America's actions created a ripe environment for sons of dead fathers and fatehrs of dead sons to be radicalized to fight the west. We didn't finish the job we should have never started, and that's why ISIS is here. 

You gonna be okay ?   

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

How'd you make that idiotic leap?   Are you so desperate for an argument that you can't put any more thought into your strawmen then that??

You're a joke.

Because you just stated that being a right wing country and being the #1 superpower are correlated.  Your words, not mine. 

In other words, the further to the right a country is, the more success it will have on a global scale. 

If you don't understand what a correlation is then this is going to be a fun conversation.  

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I'm great. I'm just wondering who's handing out history degrees without requiring any subject matter expertise. I'd be interested in buying one.

No you wouldn't.  You'd do it the traditional way like reading books and doing research.  

;)

32 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The US created ISIS when we invaded Iraq and started killing their citizens. GWB was an incompetent fool led around by the nose by Cheney who bred enough war and unrest int eh area to ensure a never ending profit machine. Much like the Treaty of Versailles, America's actions created a ripe environment for sons of dead fathers and fathers of dead sons to be radicalized to fight the west. We didn't finish the job we should have never started, and that's why ISIS is here. 

There are many people in Afghanistan and Iraq thankful for when we fought to liberate them and that's also a truth that you don't want to hear

Have a good night

29 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm great. I'm just wondering who's handing out history degrees without requiring any subject matter expertise. I'd be interested in buying one.

Dude you just think America is evil

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Where would you rather live than America?

what a cop out. Okay, world traveler, what’s your frame of reference for making a statement like that? I know I don’t have one; I haven’t traveled to enough places. So my educated answer would be “I don’t know, maybe Denmark.” All I can go on is the data. Which you ignore and listen to the TV instead. Ignorance in its purest form. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

what a cop out. Okay, world traveler, what’s your frame of reference for making a statement like that? I know I don’t have one; I haven’t traveled to enough places. So my educated answer would be “I don’t know, maybe Denmark.” All I can go on is the data. Which you ignore and listen to the TV instead. Ignorance in its purest form. 

I actually don't watch TV. Besides sporting events

And I don't claim to be some, I have the answer for everything guy. all I know is that America still receives the most immigrants every year out of any country in the world by far

To me that means a lot of people still see more opportunity here than anywhere. That's what I based it on

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I actually don't watch TV

And I don't claim to be some, I have the answer for everything guy. all I know is that America still receives the most immigrants every year out of any country in the world by far

To me that means a lot of people still see more opportunity here than anywhere

Net immigration to the US has been in decline for the last several years my goalpost moving friend. You said one thing about economic mobility that was demonstrably false and now you wanna talk about immigration as THE indicator. Not how it works.

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Net immigration to the US has been in decline for the last several years my goalpost moving friend. You said one thing about economic mobility that was demonstrably false and now you wanna talk about immigration as THE indicator. Not how it works.

I still believe you could make tons of money in this country. Capitalism rewards hard work

I don't take back that statement. I think there's tons of economic freedom in this country

And the 50 million immigrants who came here see the same opportunity

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I still believe you could make tons of money in this country. Capitalism rewards hard work

I don't take back that statement. I think there's tons of economic freedom in this country

And the 50 million immigrants who came here last year see the same opportunity

Capitalism doesn’t reward hard work, it leverages it.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

I'm afraid it's been cancelled.

This is both hilarious and terrifying right now. That Nato move today, woo boy. Have at it, Russia.

4 hours ago, LB3 said:

Portland and Seattle are peaceful! Lol.

All of this is actually incredibly concentrated. Like a four block radius. It's hard to gauge when you're viewing the chaos of a Youtube video with 12 streamers but I've got friends in Portland that can still get coffee nearby. The vast majority of neighborhoods are entirely unaffected.

Edited by Nelius

55 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I feel like most people who scream things like this have never even left their county. High school heroes and whatnot. Uprooting is frankly impossible at most stages in life, but if I were 22 and single right now I'd move to Prague or Berlin (the irony!) in a heartbeat, although neither would accept me because I'm a disease-ridden American.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I feel like most people who scream things like this have never even left their county. High school heroes and whatnot. Uprooting is frankly impossible at most stages in life, but if I were 22 and single right now I'd move to Prague or Berlin (the irony!) in a heartbeat, although neither would accept me because I'm a disease-ridden American.

Poor fella drew the short straw on where he was born.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Both Prague and Berlin are beautiful actually

And yes....ppl reallyh need to get out and see how the rest of the world lives for their own enrichment

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There was a time in this country when religion and politics were not talked about openly

And we weren't at each other's throats. There is no reason for politics to be water cooler talk. There's way too much complication and passion involved

I’ve heard this sentiment before, perhaps I’m too young to remember this bygone era. My experience the past 15 years has been much different. And typically the higher the rank the more political one becomes regardless of ideology. 

5 hours ago, Capco said:

So you don't trust BLM because they support the very unoriginal notion that it takes a village to raise a child?  Because they believe the level of individualism is too great and the level of community is too little in this country?

These are not at all new concepts, or even radical ones.  Geesh.  

The way that I interpret it is that they are taking the father out of the picture.

Why can’t it just be the phrase “all blacks matter”? I think that’s what most people believe. It should be as simple as that.