Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

What about all the white people that lost family members to black people? Does that not matter?

It does matter and it will get worse, whereas many major cities are now promoting lawlessness.

In NYS, our thing is to empty out jails and prisons.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Man,  I had a great idea. We could pin this thread so all political talk could go here..and people would be free to state their opinions, all opinions are welcome, and we give the mods like @Hapless Bills Fan and @Chandler#81  and @SDSa break. Even better, we could maybe make it a subforum like "off the wall"..Even better, we could make it its own forum..like PPP..wait, whats that?

Listen, i get emotional on here about political things as well, and this virus has made me even more cranky. I put it on TSW board, and look back and know it takes away from the TSW focus, which is and should be the onn field Bills.  PPP is the place this discussion  belongs, and it  is actually a great place state your ideas, just have to be able have them questioned and be ready to defend them. By the look of this thread, most of you do so very well. The vast majority of people there are good, just block the folks who are only there troll( both sides have them BTW).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He said that Buffalo was the worst that he experienced. I’m not surprised though. As evidenced by this thread, it isn’t something that people are very accepting to. Add that to drunk and aggressive Bills fans and it’s a recipe for an ugly situation.

I fully expect the majority, to all, of the players and coaches to kneel. This place is going to EXPLODE. 

It will be interesting that there probably will be no fans in attendance (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing).  And it's sad that people here can't or won't listen to each other. It's especially sad that we can't recognize that the kneeling was conceived by a veteran as a respectful way of saying something to the effect of "I love this country, but not everything that it stands for, and I'd like it to be better."  It's actually an expression of love for America and a hope for improvement and continued pursuit of the quest to perfect the union. 

How does this relate to football?  If we have an acerbic reaction in the stadium, or an acerbic reaction in the community, it will be hard to convince African-American players to want to come here.  If, however, we show that community support and a willingness to listen to some very fair and reasonable points, it will make this a more attractive market to players from that community.  

Bottom line?  If you love the Bills, then you have to show love to their employees and the people who risk limb and perhaps life to win the games about which we deeply care. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Of course it matters.

Do you ignore your mother on Father's Day?

As much as a ignore my father on Mother’s Day. Also, by BLM standards Father‘s Day is racist and I am racist because my father had a part in raising me

14 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Totally spot on with this. For instance:

Here’s a video of this random black lady accusing 2/3 of the BLM founders of being Marxists. 

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

I would suggest finding sources of information that are less biased. Breitbart and the Heritage Foundation are not exactly neutral in matters like this.

18 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

This issue is above sports and worrying about whether or not players want to come here.... Asking Bills fans who don't want to bend the knee to a marxist movement to "suck it up" just so their team can sign players is just so way off base, honestly...

He never asked the players to “bend the knee to a Marxist movement!!” He asked people to respect the players and coaches regardless of if their viewpoint is the same or different from yours. It’s honestly a pretty simple ask. Don’t be an a-hole isn’t exactly a high bar.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I was not at all talking about players, sheesh.

I any event, maybe we should all #walkaway from this thread.

He was!! You talked about Bills fans bending a knee to a Marxist organization. His ask was we don’t hate players/coaches if they take a knee. Basically his ask is that we respect people’s right to express themselves whether we agree or not. Again, it’s a pretty simple ask. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, StHustle said:

I'm DONE with this team. With The Stadium. With the NFL. How dare they post messaging that says black lives matter. What about the other entitled races who hate anything they dont feel included in? Its boils my blood anytime I hear the phrase "Black Lives Matter" HOW DARE THEY LEAVE US OUT ?

-The overtly covert racist

You lying. Shut up

7 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Staying silent is bending the knee. This is a free society. Next somene will be calling for screening at the gates to only allow BLM supporters into the stadium...

No offense but this is incredibly hypocritical. You are saying that I have to express myself but I won’t accept other people expressing theirs. We are absolutely a free society. That’s the entire point. You can express your opinion and they can express yours. 

• Like (+1) 2

When George Soros provides the seed money for your start up organization, you can be sure the purpose of that organization is not to help anyone other than global elitists.    

When that organization grows and starts funneling money to the DNC, the true nature of the organization is being revealed.  

There is an organic element of this movement made up of great people, with great intentions, but the organized faction of this movement is made up of something entirely different.  They are using good people to carry out an agenda that has nothing to do with equality or the greater good of society.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

You will not find me in any stadium that has BLM billboards and I am not racist so don't go there. It really sucks that the Bills are finally where we have waited many years for them to be. Fans don't deserve this. We are not a racist country. This has all been created by very powerful players that want to destroy our country and President. I feel bad for football players that just want to play football. I feel bad for owners who are misguided and think they are doing the right thing. I feel bad for the people that are too naïve to realize they are being used. So screw all the major sports. They are not important and they are about to find that out the hard way. There is much more at stake than a game

And yes, I know this is not an airport and I don't need to announce my departure

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Mango said:

That’s actually not true, and hasn’t been true for decades. Socioeconomic mobility has always been more difficult compared to other wealthy post-industrialized nations. 

This is why we say the pledge of allegiance in grade school, so that those kids grow up to be adults and just say and believe things about their country that aren’t true. In 2020, looks like it’s still working. 

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/02_economic_mobility_sawhill_ch3.pdf

Almost every single civilized Nation on this planet has a national anthem they recite since children

Almost Every developed nation. We aren't the only country to have a national anthem that recites since they were children

And okay I got your point USA isn't number one for that technically. What is it  technically?

Top 20?  Almost 200 counties in the world ..  nobody can be on top for everything and that's still top 10%

That isn't bad at all... Top 10% in this crazy world.. then there are tons of other factors why America is an awesome country

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I would suggest finding sources of information that are less biased. Breitbart and the Heritage Foundation are not exactly neutral in matters like this.

Criticizing the source without engaging the content or pointing to why it’s wrong is a classic deflection of those without an argument. 

two problems:

1- are you arguing that their source of the video of the woman talking is biased in a slanted way?

2- your link has the same information as what I’ve just posted. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Just the opposite, Bill -- my mind has been opened wide to a lot of things I conveniently have never had to address in my privileged white life.

IMO, this is part of the issue.  Even with good intentions, it's narcissistic to feel that only recently have white people been enlightened to changing.   

• Like (+1) 1

If this thread proves anything it’s that the extreme left has taken over everything and only they can say what they want without being shouted down. I’m quite sick of the ‘you agree with me or you’re a racist’ nonsense. 

This thread is not relevant to the 2020 season or the Bills. This is why many of us feel this has no place in football. Football is fun....or it was....till this. Now it’s just another political battleground. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

When George Soros provides the seed money for your start up organization, you can be sure the purpose of that organization is not to help anyone other than global elitists.    

When that organization grows and starts funneling money to the DNC, the true nature of the organization is being revealed.  

There is an organic element of this movement made up of great people, with great intentions, but the organized faction of this movement is made up of something entirely different.  They are using good people to carry out an agenda that has nothing to do with equality or the greater good of society.

I can't speak to the Soros part, but the bolded flat out isn't true (at least not yet).

People like Candace Owens have been pushing that theory based on the fact that BLM uses a donations portal called ActBlue to collect donations. But she and many others have misconstrued what that actually means. When someone donates to the correct BLM group (there's another "organization" that's been created with a very similar name to try to get accidental donations), the donation passes through the ActBlue portal and is then distributed to BLM. ActBlue does the same thing for most Democratic political campaigns. If you donate to the Joe Biden campaign for example, the money goes to ActBlue and is then distributed to the Biden campaign. But people like Owens have been trying to lead people astray by saying that instead of BLM donations going through ActBlue to BLM, ActBlue is just taking that money and sending it to the Biden campaign or the DNC instead and that flat out isn't true. BLM, to this point, also has not donated any of the money they've received to the Biden campaign or DNC (though it wouldn't surprise me if that happens at some point since their goals at least partially align).

And people like Owens know that they're peddling lies because there's literally an identical setup for Republican campaigns and right-leaning organizations called WinRed that does the same exact thing. If you donate to the Trump campaign, the money goes to WinRed and is then distributed to the Trump campaign. Likewise if you donate to a random candidate running for Congress in Utah or something like that.

There's plenty of reasons to use to argue that you shouldn't donate to BLM, but the idea that donations to them simply get sent to Biden or the DNC is (at least for now), total BS.

15 hours ago, klos63 said:

antifa is not an organization. There is no structure, no leadership.... it's an ideological movement.  Individuals who think a certain belief, kinda like Bills fans, we are not an organization but we follow a movement, our team.

They sure know how to get together in large numbers and cause disruption in various places.

That's quite impressive for people who are not organized.

• Thank you (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Almost every single civilized Nation on this planet has a national anthem they recite since children

Almost Every developed nation. We aren't the only country to have a national anthem that recites since they were children

And okay I got your point USA isn't number one for that technically. What is it  technically?

Top 20?  Almost 200 counties in the world ..  nobody can be on top for everything and that's still top 10%

That isn't bad at all... Top 10% in this crazy world.. then there are tons of other factors why America is an awesome country

That park was admittedly snarky. 

I was refuting you’re claim that you had a better chance of socioeconomic mobility in America than “any other place on earth.” Taken quite the step back, eh? 

Most resources qualify 25-30 countries as first world. Your claim of 20th isn’t so great amongst isn’t so great amongst its peers, is it? 

Since this is a football board, let’s make it anecdotal to football. 

You: K’Lavon Chaisson was the first pick in the NFL draft. 
Me: Actually he wasn’t, here are the order of draft picks. 
You: There were what, 255 draft picks in the 2020 draft? 20 is still really good. 
Me: Sure, but that’s not what you said, nor what the conversation was about. 

Or maybe you should just call Auburn National Champs. I get they weren’t number 1, but they were top 10% and that’s pretty good!