Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

If you are born into poverty you have more chances for advancement in America and the chance to become stable than in any country on this Earth

Hard work is still rewarded here more than anywhere

According to what quantitative metrics?  

A bunch of politicians chanting "America is the freest place on Earth" doesn't make it so. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

If you are born into poverty you have more chances for advancement in America and the chance to become stable than in any country on this Earth

Hard work is still rewarded here more than anywhere

Completely false, but don't let my evidence disrupt your fantasy. America punishes and cripples the poor.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Capco said:

It's not my responsibility to be able to decipher your words because of your medical history.  What you type is the only thing I can go off of. 

Would you like to clarify what you meant?  Because it was a very strange post to comprehend.  

What I was trying to say, is that antifa shows fascist ideologies by suppressing people who don't agree with them

There's a lot of reporters and people who have been harassed and suppress by them

They call themselves anti-fascists while showing fascist actions

5 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Re: the first point - that’s a very blanket statement without any supporting evidence. Economically speaking? Which industries? We guarantee greater social and economic advancement opportunities than literally every other country? It’s simply not a provable statement - you may have a case within a specific economic industry or sector but even then you’ll have a hard time finding the evidence for it. Socially it’s even more uphill. We have more “places and opportunities for freedom?” Again, more so than every other country? By what measurement?

Re your second statement, I fail to see how that is relevant - your words and comments speak for themselves.

They knew what a fascist country was and America's not it

I have family that lived it

1 hour ago, Dragoon said:

I’m not gonna comment on this for the same reason McBeane doesn’t really comment on it. 

There’s no winning in this. You kneel with BLM and you alienate the patriotic folks. You go out of your way to say you love the country like Drew Brees and they’ll straight up come after you. 

We live in a country where people do not have tolerance for opinions that differ from their own. 

BLM is commies and patriotic folks are fascists. That’s how the two sides see each other. 

There’s no winning in this and that’s why the NFL never wanted this. 

Expressing an opinion is unpatriotic?  Last I checked this country cherished freedom of speech.  And how the Bills acknowledge that may well impact the product in the field, in the form of team unity, free agent acquisitions, and player performance.  Sports and life have met again here. 

Edited by SectionC3

10 minutes ago, Capco said:

The guy literally just said to be against fascism is itself fascist, and your response to me is this?

Erroneously calling something fascist and then fighting it doesn't make you anti-fascist. It makes you an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Completely false, but don't let my evidence disrupt your fantasy. America punishes and cripples the poor.

I know plenty of people who were born with nothing, and now with hard work they have everything they ever wanted

So no I don't say BS

26 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I'm sorry that you disparage those Americans by comparing them to the Marxist scum that Antifa is today.

But I didn’t, I merely provided a historical reference. That you allow some loosely organized group to highjack the name is your issue. You could if you had the energy, state that they are not at all anti fascist but are indeed fascists themselves, and compare and contrast the two ideologies, but that takes thought and gumption as it were. Me I oppose actual fascism, and authoritarian rule, because I support a Democratic Republic known as America and the good it stands for. You see in America you can be any religion or none at all, you can be politically any thing from a gun toting right wing nut job to a flaming liberal and it’s totally legal until one attempts to harm someone, then you get your own dose of the due process of the rule of law, that no one is above. Easy on your knees, if you jerk them frequently it not very useful. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I know plenty of people who were born with nothing, and now with hard work they have everything they ever wanted

So no I don't say BS

Completely anecdotal and irrelevant. Depending on the academic source you want to look at, the US will rank somewhere in the 20s in socioeconomic mobility. In other words, nowhere near #1. But keep talking out of your wrong end you’ve been on a roll recently. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

There were people killed in the chaz zone in Portland which was held by antifa and blm

So how have they not killed?

Get your facts straight first.

1.) The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone was in Seattle, not Portland.

2.) The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone was not created by anti-fascists, colloquially referred to by the right as "Antifa". 

3.) Antifa is not an organization. There is no leader, there are no meetings, there are no creeds. "Antifa" is a blanket term used to refer to people of leftist ideology who are against fascism and far-right hate groups. Applying a catch-all name to anyone who opposes fascism or far-right hate groups -- who, as mentioned above, have been responsible for 329 deaths in the past 25 years -- is nothing more than modern day McCarthyism. A convenient boogeyman used to scare people. Ya know, kind of like "migrant caravan". Oh, and calling the anti-fascists fascist is too stupid to really even spend much breath on, so I won't. 

Here's an article about what "Antifa" is and isn't.

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2020/06/11/what-is-antifa-trump-protests

4.)Since we've already touched on CHAZ, which do you want to talk about next? Charlottesville? The Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting? The October 2018 Mail-bomb attempts? The Pittsburgh Synagogue shooting?

If you're truly concerned about terrorism on American soil, I suggest you write your local congressperson about the rise of extreme right-wing domestic terrorism in the United States over the past decade.

https://www.wired.com/story/boogaloo-movement-protests/

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I’m not sure about that...we have sooo many welfare programs and government subsidies for housing...don’t know that I would call that punishing the poor...personal behavior and culture still plays the largest part in poverty, in my book...I’m living proof of that...

Welfare certainly helped my family til we got our crap together, but you’re not going to get anywhere staying on that- it’s just to keep you afloat so you don’t drown...but it is up to the individual to further advance themselves if they want to get ahead imo... and there are endless opportunities in this country...?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Erroneously calling something fascist and then fighting it doesn't make you anti-fascist. It makes you an idiot.

Well, it was Buffalo716 who was using those labels, not I.  Are you saying that he's an idiot then?

Just now, Capco said:

Well, it was Buffalo716 who was using those labels, not I.  Are you saying that he's an idiot then?

He stated he misspoke. I have no reason not to believe him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What I was trying to say, is that antifa shows fascist ideologies by suppressing people who don't agree with them

There's a lot of reporters and people who have been harassed and suppress by them

They call themselves anti-fascists while showing fascist actions

They knew what a fascist country was and America's not it

I have family that lived it

Okay, but relevant to your comments in this thread, it seems you’ve haven’t fully understood those experiences. This is like saying “I’m not racist, I have black friends.”

I’m truly sorry for any tragedy your family may have experienced as a result of a fascist government, but there’s only one side to fascism and racism. It’s not a conversation to be had. It seems your family understood this as they fled. Fascism is, at its base, a political ideology - it’s not just a government or a dictator. Your comments on this thread have stood in direct conflict with your claimed experiences of listening to your family’s stories. Not everything has to be Nazi Germany for it to qualify as fascist/fascism. The term far outlives that government’s reign.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So no I don't say BS

And you don't think this happens in Iceland, Sweden, Singapore, England, Germany, France, etc?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guys, enjoy the bickering.  I’m not going there.  Said what I said and done.  God bless, and none of you are changing other people’s minds.  You’re just bickering.  

God bless our Bills, and enjoy either, every side.  I don’t here for that.  I have made my opinions over a long time, notice I’m not giving it, and think what you think is best for you.  Not up to me.  One statement is at least we live in a place where all of you can say what you think.  Whatever that is and god bless you whether I agree or not.  You still have a right to you’re take.  I stand by the earlier comment this is going nowhere other than just an argument, but you’re guys call.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

2.) The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone was not created by anti-fascists, colloquially referred to by the right as "Antifa". 

3.) Antifa is not an organization. There is no leader, there are no meetings, there are no creeds. "Antifa" is a blanket term used to refer to people of leftist ideology who are against fascism and far-right hate groups. Applying a catch-all name to anyone who opposes fascism or far-right hate groups -- who, as mentioned above, have been responsible for 329 deaths in the past 25 years -- is nothing more than modern day McCarthyism. A convenient boogeyman used to scare people. Ya know, kind of like "migrant caravan".

If you're truly worried about terrorism in our streets, feel free to write your local congressmen about the rise of armed, far-right militias:

Weak sauce. That's like a underperforming month in far left Chicago.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

3.) Antifa is not an organization. There is no leader, there are no meetings, there are no creeds. "Antifa" is a blanket term used to refer to people of leftist ideology who are against fascism and far-right hate groups. Applying a catch-all name to anyone who opposes fascism or far-right hate groups -- who, as mentioned above, have been responsible for 329 deaths in the past 25 years -- is nothing more than modern day McCarthyism. A convenient boogeyman used to scare people. Ya know, kind of like "migrant caravan".

If you're truly worried about terrorism in our streets, feel free to write your local congressmen about the rise of armed, far-right militias:

My bad. I actually hate watching our cities burn so I confused the two

Secondly that's actually more dangerous. Because they have tons of mixed views all over the place . Are there non radicals? Sure

But you can guarantee their are radicals and they preach what I've been saying. There are antifa members burning flags and wanting the us system basically abolished