Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

8 hours ago, DE Bills Fan said:

This is really disappointing. As a fan of 50 years, I thought that I had seen it all; WIDE RIGHT,  HOMERUN THROWUP, THE DROP as well as all of the losing seasons and playoff defeats (many of which were heartbreaking). BLM is an organization that is anti-family and anti-white. I cannot express my feelings tany better than what Marcellus Wiley said about his lack of support for BLM on his show a couple of weeks ago. I really hoped that the BILLS would have not supported this organization and can only hope that they make better decisions about this in the future...

How do you know the bills don’t simply support the point that the lives of blacks matter?  It’s an important discussion piece.  African -American players are more likely to want to play in an area in which they are accepted and respected not just for what the accomplish on the field, but for who they are as human beings.  The Pegulas made a good move here.  It was a solid football and human decision to post that message.

57 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Pegula putting the BLM sign on the stadium may have hurt attendance

If so, it would have only been because of the number of racists in Buffalo.  Your take is ignorant.  Anyone who says “all lives matter” as a retort to BLM simply doesn’t get it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

If so, it would have only been because of the number of racists in Buffalo.  Your take is ignorant.  Anyone who says “all lives matter” as a retort to BLM simply doesn’t get it.

David Dorn got it.      So did the 8 year old girl @ Wendy’s.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

David Dorn got it.      So did the 8 year old girl @ Wendy’s.   

If you think that every social justice movement is going to be lovely, peaceful, and involve no mistakes or incidents, I just don’t know what to tell you.  We don’t use isolated incidents to try and (unsuccessfully) prove a larger point.  Have a nice day.

• Sad 1

OKay..time to try and inject some levity here..posted in PPP as well, but hopefully y'all can laugh at this too..

1) Of course this takes place at a donut shop..its Buffalo. Dude gettin the donuts really does not like he misses many donut days..sure the BLM guy is not svelte either

2) The accents are just so spot on..damn i miss Buffalo

3) out side of the very beginning, hardly any cussing.."you are the gosh darn racist"  ?

Both guys make me laugh...hope we can all view this  Bills and Buffalo( the city) fans and get a chuckle..delete if you think does not help @Chandler#81 or @Hapless Bills Fan

Tiny bit of cussing first 2 seconds

• Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

The BLM movement includes a lot of disgusting baggage including killings. And the fact that you need to state that black lives matter because people don't inherently know this is preposterous, of course they matter. Human lives matter, all humans except some of the mentally ill know this, c'mon.

The BLM message has been severely corrupted, and polls show that support for the movement is declining due to the death and mayhem it had caused. Peaceful it is not.

It’s one thing to think they matter.  It’s another thing to act like it.  There are too many who have not acted that way.  George Floyd is just a microcosm of it.  But this is a thread about football.  And if a majority of Bills employees and customers support the pint that black lives do matter, it’s is a sound decision to broadcast the message at the front door to The Stadium.  

32 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

So much ignorance in here. My take away is that people who are willing to truly listen to others are few and far between. it is a damn shame.

I humbly and respectfully disagree. BLM is not a complicated concept. Believe me, everyone understands. However, it’s an absolutely TERRIBLE catch phrase and name.  The ultimate question is whether it was selected in order to be intentionally provocative. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I humbly and respectfully disagree. BLM is not a complicated concept. Believe me, everyone understands. However, it’s an absolutely TERRIBLE catch phrase and name.  The ultimate question is whether it was selected in order to be intentionally provocative. 

i'm not sure how you can be listening and your take away is "they got the name wrong".

and i don't believe you, most people don't actually understand. how can they? they have not lived the same experience and they are not willing to listen to find out more.

20 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

i'm not sure how you can be listening and your take away is "they got the name wrong".

and i don't believe you, most people don't actually understand. how can they? they have not lived the same experience and they are not willing to listen to find out more.

We all get it!!! We all go through stuff. Some more than others. I’m sorry if you’ve had bad experiences in your life but they weren’t caused by me.

PS: The very fact that we’re having THIS conversation and not a better one is proof they got the name wrong. It’s OK, they made a mistake. It happens.

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

People are willing to listen, what they are not willing to do is watch history being erased, take anti-whitness training at work, defund the police and watch their neighborhood descend into hell, and accept that they are racist because they will simply never "get it" because they are not black. Strong-arming a narrative is just not the way to enact worthy change.

defunding the police is a republican talking point and will never happen. How do you erase history...by removing statues of traitors to the country? History will always be there

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yea I'm sure George was thinking about Marxism and Fascism when he got a knee dropped on his neck. 

And the more that comes out, it seems it was personal and not about race

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you are born into poverty you have more chances for advancement in America and the chance to become stable than in any country on this Earth

Hard work is still rewarded here more than anywhere

That’s actually not true, and hasn’t been true for decades. Socioeconomic mobility has always been more difficult compared to other wealthy post-industrialized nations. 

This is why we say the pledge of allegiance in grade school, so that those kids grow up to be adults and just say and believe things about their country that aren’t true. In 2020, looks like it’s still working. 

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/02_economic_mobility_sawhill_ch3.pdf

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I don't think not being in lockstep agreement with you makes one "ignorant."

Frankly, I think that you are coming off as rather smug, self righteous, and closed minded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

defunding the police is a republican talking point and will never happen. How do you erase history...by removing statues of traitors to the country? History will always be there

You literally have democratic cities voting to defund the police. I hope you’re robbed tonight, we’ll see whose life matters then

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just wait until the entire team kneels during the anthem on game 1. TBD will look like Thanos just got the last infinity stone. Gene will never watch another football game lol.

My dad has already said that.  I use his Sunday Ticket when I'm not at the bar and told me I have to find another account.

He's watched nearly every Bills game since they started in 1959.  

• Haha (+1) 1