Bills Training Camp - Week 1 of padded practices starts page 10

On 8/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I was rooting for Foster last year, but someone on here mentioned McCoy had a positive impact on him in 2018, and when He left, Foster reverted.  I’ve given up on him, McKenzie, and Duke for anything, but the PS.  I say that because the positives so far in Davis and Hodgins and they are cheap labor is great for the 53.  I don’t know how much the first three are enticing to other teams if on the PS.  There is an argument to keep them there as they know our system.

That was me.  McCoy seemed to be someone who could get through his expectations of being an Alabama player.  You could see his attitude change back to what it was pre McCoy.   For Foster the best thing which could happen to him is Bills trade him to Tampa Bay for future considerations.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree about veteran presence and all but the evidence is starting to pile up as to his time in Buffalo coming to an end.

His offensive snap count last year was the lowest since his rookie season. 

His special teams snap count went down from 233 to 156 last year.

He accepted a 700k pay cut this year.  

He is 31 years old on the last year of his contract.

If Gilliam beats him out in TC even with his 500k dead money the team saves 800k in cap.

Taking the pay cut may keep him here for his last year (Gilliam to PS) but I don't think Pat is in any long term plans for the future.

I am rooting for Gilliam to make the time.   Nothing against Dimarco.  If he is the better player then keep him.    But he is average at best, and the FB position and STs  that Dimarco plays is an area where the Bills can improve talent while getting younger and more cost efficient. 

It drove me crazy the last couple years, when Dimarco would line up split out wide on the line of scrimmage.   A complete waste to have him lined up in a wide out position.  I understand it is to try and create a mismatch somewhere else.  But it seemed like they might as well play 10 on 11 because he is no threat from that position.  If Daboll is going to keep using that formation,  Gilliam would seem to bring more athleticism and passing catching ability to at least be a threat against a LB

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

I understand it is to try and create a mismatch somewhere else. 

Not exactly. Splitting the FB out wide is designed to force the defense to tip it's hand, showing the QB which coverage it will be in for that play. In chess, it is sacrificing a pawn to get a shot at the queen.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's also possible that he's trying to simply verbiage so they can do no-huddle more easily

I'm not saying it's likely

That'd be swell.

8 hours ago, Bills Survivor said:

Is that a double rainbow?!?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Versatility!! 

Position flex.

6 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Not exactly. Splitting the FB out wide is designed to force the defense to tip it's hand, showing the QB which coverage it will be in for that play. In chess, it is sacrificing a pawn to get a shot at the queen.  

Precisely this. No team would ever fall for it and double cover DiMarco though which..... oh hang on...... Houston calling. :D

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Too bad he’s wearing a stupid number. (Not that it’s bad on others (specifically Lorax), just one a big DE it looks dumb.)

In what way does a number "look dumb"?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

That was me.  McCoy seemed to be someone who could get through his expectations of being an Alabama player.  You could see his attitude change back to what it was pre McCoy.   For Foster the best thing which could happen to him is Bills trade him to Tampa Bay for future considerations.

I understand the point Lime, and you were probably kidding.  If not, Foster won’t make a Bucs roster.  They have too much talent in Godwin, Evans, the TE’s, Miller, Hurst, Johnson, Franklin, Grayson, Mickens, Watson, Pearson, and Mitchell.  A bunch of these guys will get cut, as down here they are already reporting the will rely heavily 12 and 13 personnel.  In 12 they’ll most likely use Gronk, Brate, Evans, Godwin, and one of the RB’s.  Those other names are going to have to be excellent ST’ers, and many are good.  Early word down here is Miller is having a good beginning of camp.  Given Fosters drop, I doubt the Bucs would even consider working him out.

I have nothing against Foster so maybe a shot at a bad team like Washington or Cincy.  Maybe he turns it around on another team.

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I have nothing against Foster so maybe a shot at a bad team like Washington or Cincy.  Maybe he turns it around on another team.

It’s weird.  He showed such promise two years ago, and just could never take the next step — in THIS culture.  Hard to imagine he’ll put it together somewhere else but I don’t wish him ill will.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I played it 3x. No idea 

23 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

"See?  Look at you- you already wanna record people.  You the police!"

Do people really not understand this?

12 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Right, but you're not supposed to throw the ball to the pawn 60 yards downfield.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Right, but you're not supposed to throw the ball to the pawn 60 yards downfield.

That was on Allen; true. Daboll set it up well, actually. How the heck do two Houston defenders bit on DiMarco? That's great! Josh should have found somebody else open. Therein was the flaw in the play.

17 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Too bad he’s wearing a stupid number. (Not that it’s bad on others (specifically Lorax), just one a big DE it looks dumb.)

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Bad choice.  Looks dumb 

How dumb will the opposing players look when they get tackled by him?

6 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Do people really not understand this?

3 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

That was on Allen; true. Daboll set it up well, actually. How the heck do two Houston defenders bit on DiMarco? That's great! Josh should have found somebody else open. Therein was the flaw in the play.

The irony is that DiMarco should have caught that pass.

Not only did the Houston defenders bite on that play, they outran their coverage on DiMarco.

• Haha (+1) 1