Rd 7, pick 239 (from vikes): CB, Dane Jackson, Pitt

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

First draft of the McBeane era where they didn’t trade up or down. They (obviously) traded their 1st, but no trades during the draft to move up/down. That’s a first, not that it matters.

Very happy with this draft class. I have a lot of trust in Beane and the staff he’s put together. 

I don’t know what their ability is to evaluate WR draft talent, but if they get 1 of their two WR picks to end up in their top 5 and get the other to stick to the practice squad then it’s been a solid draft. I thought they needed an OLB badly.

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There had to be a DB somewhere. 

It’s a law. 

If this doesn’t convince you we are heading into a magical season, I don’t know what to tell you. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

No trade ups this year...

Hope people remember that next year when immediately predicting a “trade back into the round” every time Beane makes a pick ..

When everybody was saying Beane will trade up, or trade back into the first, because this is what he does, I was thinking, the sample size is too small to say he's going to do the same thing every year.

• Like (+1) 1

wide-receiver-gabriel-davis-catches-a-pa

UCF wide receiver Gabriel Davis (13) catches a pass in front of Pitt defensive back Dane Jackson (11) at Spectrum Stadium in Orlando, Fla., on Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018. UCF won, 45-14. (Stephen M. Dowell/Orlando Sentinel/Tribune News Service via Getty Images)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

What's an NB?

I'm fine with this. Anyone complaining about a 7th rounder needs to get a life, IMO.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nickel Back

That's the Canadian term for DB...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

When everybody was saying Beane will trade up, or trade back into the first, because this is what he does, I was thinking, the sample size is too small to say he's going to do the same thing every year.

Beane is on record as saying he asked his team to stop him if he tried to trade back into the first. And he is also on record as saying he tried to make a few trades, but stopped when he realized the board was falling their way. I think it's pretty safe to say Beane WANTS to wheel and deal. But he also will allow the board to come to him.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nickel Back

Ah gotcha. I'm old school. That's just a depth CB/DB to me.

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 2