Rd 7, pick 239 (from vikes): CB, Dane Jackson, Pitt

27 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

No trade ups this year...

Hope people remember that next year when immediately predicting a “trade back into the round” every time Beane makes a pick ..

Guess they felt there wasn't anyone worth trading up for other than Moss who they ended up looking into moving up to 7 spots higher but ultimately stayed put and still got him.

But I don't see how all of these guys will make the team so I guess maybe a few PS players potentially...

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Guess they felt there wasn't anyone worth trading up for other than Moss who they ended up looking into moving up to 7 spots higher but ultimately stayed put and still got him.

But I don't see how all of these guys will make the team so I guess maybe a few PS players potentially...

I would suggest that like Moss, they ultimately stayed put and the guy they were going to pick was there when they picked...Maybe a lesson of patience was learned..

I would still rather that generally they let the draft come to them and use those fourth and fifth round picks to throw a few darts..

They seem to be drafting pretty well these past few years so the more guys they can look at in a Training camp the better..

36 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

No trade ups this year...

Hope people remember that next year when immediately predicting a “trade back into the round” every time Beane makes a pick ..

Was thinking the same, all those who knew Beane's tendencies, kind of went out the window.  Other years were different and had more picks to play with.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If you draft a punter you can move on from 1 or both of the guys we have now. We certainly didn’t need a CB if that’s your argument. This guy won’t make the team unless he turns out to be a big time ST player

Funny how you know this already.  How many times did you watch him play?