Jax- Give us Yannick and Fournette and we'll give you all our draft picks!

tomur67

I was at the Bama/LSU game when they were 1/2 in the nation. All the talk was how will Bama stop Fournette? Well, they shut him down. 

For me, that is EXACTLY why you don’t sell the farm for a RB: there are very few who can do all three phases (run, catch and pass pro) at an elite level. If they can’t, you can get a completely serviceable (and cheaper) back later in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Problem with trading is you run out of cap space. Although you’re guaranteed a good proven player, you have to pay them to make them happy.

But Madden taught us "it's just that easy"!  Just press the button that makes the other team trade with you, and the contract will sort itself out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I find it very humorous of the responses to this thread.  First of all our draft picks are 54, 88, 128,167,188,207, and 239.  What are  the odds that from these picks we are going to get two players that can step right in and contribute to a playoff run.  Very, very slim.  The intent of the thread was from that angle.  If you think the money is not right, or we don't need those particular players. OK.  But when I read, that you don't think that in your opinion this thread should  be allowed or entered,  I really wonder. Wow.  We really have inflated egos.  Don't we.

Edited by tomur67
grammar
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Would that be a bad deal for the Bills or would that make the Bills one of the top teams in the AFC?

This is why people think the American educational system is failing.

Fournette can be had for a bag of tees and Yannick wants a contract over 20 mil a year. Not a ideal scenario.

Not opposed to acquiring Fournette though. I think he'd be a nice compliment to Motor without the unnecessary wear and tear load of a work horse.

1 hour ago, tomur67 said:

I find it very humorous of the responses to this thread.  First of all our draft picks are 54, 88, 128,167,188,207, and 239.  What are  the odds that from these picks we are going to get two players that can step right in and contribute to a playoff run.  Very, very slim.  The intent of the thread was from that angle.  If you think the money is not right, or we don't need those particular players. OK.  But when I read, that you don't think that in your opinion this thread should not be allowed or entered,  I really wonder. Wow.  We really have inflated egos.  Don't we.

This man is in charge, that's why. You're not.

Buffalo Bills Links, 2/27: Plenty of speculation for general ...

3 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I find it very humorous of the responses to this thread.  First of all our draft picks are 54, 88, 128,167,188,207, and 239.  What are  the odds that from these picks we are going to get two players that can step right in and contribute to a playoff run.  Very, very slim.  The intent of the thread was from that angle.  If you think the money is not right, or we don't need those particular players. OK.  But when I read, that you don't think that in your opinion this thread should not be allowed or entered,  I really wonder. Wow.  We really have inflated egos.  Don't we.

Agree. Maybe it’s not a good idea, but it did make you stop and think. What would a realistic and productive swap of a bunch of picks be? Maybe, all 4-7 picks?