Jax- Give us Yannick and Fournette and we'll give you all our draft picks!

tomur67

Rounds 5-7, sure. But Jags aren't trading both for that....otherwise, I think a RB in the 3rd / 4th will do just as well if not better than Fournette in this Offense and while Yannick is a good player and I'm good with him being a Buffalo Bill, I don't want to sacrifice any Draft picks 2-4 because the depth of this class at RB and WR is just too good to pass up, plus the Bills now have a solid group of DEs. Yes, they're older, but you can't fix / address every position group in one year. That's why few GMs are good at managing all of those moving parts, and so far Beane has been a master. 

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Are you speaking of 'until draft day', or general viability of the human race?  Reading some suggestions here has me thinking the latter.

Well i meant the former, but the latter is becoming more and more possible. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We’re not gonna make it, folks. 

Oh, we're not gonna make it. 
No, we ain't gonna make it  
Oh, we're not gonna make it anymore. 

We've got the right to choose it.
There ain't no way we'll lose it.

This is our life, this is our song.

We'll fight the powers that be, just.

Don't pick our destiny 'cause.
You don't know us, you don't belong.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a68071782ebf7542637

(opens thread and immediately googles, “where is John Skelton working in 2020?” Up pops a paywall for the El Paso Times. Kirby exits the search)

You are stealing my line!  Go back to pushing for wine and cheese parties to raise money for PSLs.

Note: To newcomers there was a thread on the "classic" wall with poll about trading our starting DE for Arizona's backup QB where lots of wall football experts agreed.  I was not an advocate.  That thread and poll is under federal protection now.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, DFT said:

Gross

144 of what... ?

to the op, not feeling it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Yannick went out the window when we traded for Diggs and signed Mario Addison (and Quinton Jefferson for that matter). The draft capital isn't there. And there's no way Beane is going to invest that much cap space in Ngakoue, Hughes, AND Addison. Also, who's going to the bench? I seriously doubt Addison signed here to do anything but start. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

No, Yannick comes with having to pay him 20 million aav and a large guarantee. As good as he is I am not giving up an entire draft class worth of picks for him and a disgruntled RB who is good at best. Now if we are talking about giving up pick 86 and another late round pick I would be interested in entertaining the possibility of securing a top flight DE and a power RB while still having pick 54 to just add a talented young player at any position while still having some mid to late round picks to add some depth around the edges. 

But honestly looking at the cap situation long term I don't want Yannick clogging up the cap at 18-20 million aav. Yes he is a good player and will be 26, I get that it isn't the worst investment to make and it helps the team vault into contention in 2020. However I could easily see Yannick's contract becoming a burden long term. McBeane prioritizes flexibility and timing in the cap. Right now with Dawkins and Milano needing extension and Tre coming up the year after adding a big DE contract might not be the most prudent let alone adding a big DE contract at the expense of draft capital. 

I would rather just draft a DE at pick 54 if one is there and stick with adding some younger players. If anything this team's "win now" move should be to sign Clowney to a one year deal. Clowney as a one year mercenary would greatly help the edge rush and we would get the best out of him as he would still be seeking that big pay day. 

• Like (+1) 1

the idea of Fournette is far better than the play of Fournette.  

I think we will be just fine without wasting all our picks on one player who would cost an ass-load of money and has all the makings of turning into a Marcel Dareus freeloader once he gets it and another that is an oft-injured player that is decidedly average even when healthy.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

the idea of Fournette is far better than the play of Fournette.  

I think we will be just fine without wasting all our picks on one player who would cost an ass-load of money and has all the makings of turning into a Marcel Dareus freeloader once he gets it and another that is an oft-injured player that is decidedly average even when healthy.

FWIW, Fournette did have almost 1700 total yards last year for a lousy team, and he killed us during his worst season in the pros when we played them in 2018, but then his hotheadedness also arguably gave us the win. 

All that said, I would not want to give more than a single day three pick for him. 

1 hour ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'm gonna get banned when they pick the wrong kicker.

At least you aren't going to get banned over Braden Mann-Meat a lowly Punter...:cry:

Also if all the picks are going somewhere it better be for McCaffrey!

Edited by Sherlock Holmes