Pass rusher Dee Ford available. Bills were interested last year

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

could we keep Kwon and Milano.  Have LB group of Edmonds, Kwon and Milano??

that is the oddest saying I've ever heard! 

First heard that one while I was in boot camp, Paris Island, SC. Lovely spot during August... F ing sand fleas everywhere.. as they told us, they gotta eat too. Semper FI

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d take Kwon Alexander off their hands in a heartbeat to play WILL. It would mean the end of Milano. But Kwon is awesome and has a nice connection with Leslie Frazier. And FYI, Kwon is a month younger than Matt Milano. I’d rather take Kwon’s contract than pay Matt 13 million per. 

No thanks on Dee Ford.

Beane has all along saiid that their model is to draft, growth and re-sign their own people.   That move would be a slap in the face to the players.  This team is bonded together by thee player loyalty shown by the coaching staff.  If you break that trust, thee team might explode.

Man, the folks who want to tie up close to $30 million in cap space on LBs ($13MM for Kwon, $13MM for Milano after his new deal, $3.5 MM for Edmunds--who's also in line for big bucks after next year) AND add an $18 million DE (Ford) seem like they might better stick to Madden...

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Beane has all along saiid that their model is to draft, growth and re-sign their own people.   That move would be a slap in the face to the players.  This team is bonded together by thee player loyalty shown by the coaching staff.  If you break that trust, thee team might explode.

I hear what you are saying, but if something better comes along you make moves. They are still in the business of winning games. Players don’t think sentimentally like that. It’s a business and they know it. Jordan Phillps and Shaq are gone and replaced. Spain would be gone if the price wasn’t right. Zay Jones got tossed like yesterday’s garbage.  

Players would be sad to see Milano replaced, but would be more fired up that their GM was aggressive and acquired an elite player like Kwon. 

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I like the fire that Milano plays with, but if he won't settle for $6.5M he can go play for the Dolphins.

By never plays meaning he tore an ACL 6 games into the season and then a pectoral the next. It's not like Will Fuller's perpetually pulled hamstring or Percy Harvin's migraines. 

By never plays meaning:  he’s played 5 seasons. He’s missed at least 1/4 of the season in 4 of those seasons.  1 due to PEDS.  He’s a 6’1 225 lb and has had major injuries the last two years.  

I want no part of paying that guy big money after trading for him.  That doesn’t mean he’s not good.  I don’t think he’s worth the risk

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

First heard that one while I was in boot camp, Paris Island, SC. Lovely spot during August... F ing sand fleas everywhere.. as they told us, they gotta eat too. Semper FI

THANK you for your service Marine!

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

THANK you for your service Marine!

?

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

Yet he gave up his first for Diggs ... not advocating for any of these niners but FA and trades play an important role in building a championship roster 

One new dynamic that may impact any one-and-done deals made for the objective of a SB run this year is what happens if the season does not happen? Pay a guy like Ford the big bucks and he winds up at home like the rest of us. I know none of us can predict the future and it is a ways off, but I am sure this is something NFL GM's are considering and owners minding their $$$ are thinking about. Pegula is already sweating the $$$ on PSE side of his empire and probably wants to be financially smart with the Bills, as well.

15 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

could we keep Kwon and Milano.  Have LB group of Edmonds, Kwon and Milano??

that is the oddest saying I've ever heard! 

It's Burgess Meredith from Grumpy Old Men. Great movie!

• Like (+1) 1

Both Kwon and Dee where their Big offseason picks last season and not they are ready to trade them.

Ok Lets see I would send a 4th to them for Dee Ford, Or maybe a Second for Dee Ford and their 1st (gotta give a premium to take that contract off their hands.) 

And goes to show all that praise of Lynch as GM from the sports media may have been premature.

The reason why they are cash strapped is because of some of these players sure if we could get Ford at a decent price Beane might do it after the draft but i don't see him pulling the trigger before he may be able to get his much younger, much more cap friendly pass rusher for many more yrs than 1 in this draft if one falls to us which i for one am hoping for !!