At 54 the Bills will take? Your guess here!!

DJB

6 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think given his age (24) and level of competition, Duggar is going to be drafted lower than many have speculated.  Of course, I could be very wrong about that...

I've got both slipping to the top half of round 3 between concerns about position and lower competition. 

28 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Would he play nickel DB or as a LB in those sets?  I don’t know that I’d want to see him trying to cover Julian Edelman or someone similar. If the idea is as hybrid DB-LB for defensive flexibility, I could see it.  

I think given his age (24) and level of competition, Duggar is going to be drafted lower than many have speculated.  Of course, I could be very wrong about that...

I think it depends on the opposition. Against a TE such as Kelce for example I'd far rather him than Taron Johnson, equally against a mobile QB like Jackson he'd be less risky than Klein as your 3rd LB. 

His age is a fair challenge and why I think Chinn will go ahead of him. But potentially at 54 I think he could be one of the few exciting players who could make an instant impact. 

More often than not, when I've done mock simulators I find myself trading down 8 to 12 spots from 54 and using it to jump up from 128 or 167. The round 4 drop off seems very steep into the 5th/6th in a lot of positions 

Edited by Mountain Man

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 1:18 PM, CapeBreton said:

Kyle Dugger

I would take this guy in the 1st if we still had our pick. No way we pass on him in the 2nd. My guess is that we make a move up to the top 10 of the 2nd to grab him. No clue what the comp would be but may include a DT considering we have 5 on the roster.

Tee Higgins.  I think the quicker, smaller athletes win in the NFL.  Those guys will get drafted first.  Buffalo needs size and Higgins falls into their laps.  He becomes the big slot and X in man situations.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Can he play OLB - i’ve seen him mainly listed at inside?

I think that him playing WLB would be a stretch but him coming in and competing with Klein I could def see. Also makes the depth much stronger as he can obviously bump inside of something we’re to happen to Edmunds. He ran a 4.63 and put up good lateral agility numbers making me think he’s more than capable of playing in space a little more.

I consulted with the spirit of Vizzini to come to this:

Clearly, there is only one position group with an obvious opening and that is RB.  Brandon Beane made a point of saying that they had confidence in Yeldon as RB2 and we know that Brandon can't allow himself to lie to the press and fans due to his Christian/Boy Scout character.  Thus, he masks his intentions in an blizzard of honest comments but he withholds some.  So what is the missing truth?  Would they go into 2020 with Yeldon as the primary backup to Devin?  Inconceivable! 

They want to upgrade the offense, add more playmaking talent, score more points, spread the RB workload, add to the positional depth and add a bigger bodied talent that can get tough yards.  Doing so on a cheaper rookie deal for four years makes the most sense.

The missing truth is that they want an RB1A or RB1B and it's not TJ Yeldon.  Clearly, since there was no FA signing and we know that Beane likes to initially fill such holes with a FA signing, they have hopes to fill this spot via the draft and are hoping for a talent the equal of or better than Singletary to make it to within their striking distance.  A true downhill runner who qualifies as a legit playmaker.  This implies a 2nd or 3rd round pick, imo, and they likely have players targeted at both spots.  Given the decline in RB draft status, it's likely that such a top talent could fall to a spot where they could conceivably go up and get him.  So, my prediction is RB in round 2 or in round 3 with a trade up involved.  If the guy they want makes it to 45ish or 75ish, they would not chance letting him get drafted by someone else.  So.... Taylor in the 2nd or Akers in the 3rd.

On 4/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, Victory Formation said:

I keep getting the feeling that one of these top WR prospects falls to us like Denzel Mims, Tee Higgins or Brandon Aiyuk. Especially Aiyuk. Don’t know why, I just feel it.

I want Higgins!!!  If he’s still there at 45, we better get em?

I am hoping for an immediate starting caliber cornerback.  After watching Wallace get burned all last year, I believe that is our biggest single weakness on either side of the ball. 

The cornerbacks we signed in free agency provide nice depth, but I am not confident that they represent an upgrade to Wallace.

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I am hoping for an immediate starting caliber cornerback.  After watching Wallace get burned all last year, I believe that is our biggest single weakness on either side of the ball. 

The cornerbacks we signed in free agency provide nice depth, but I am not confident that they represent an upgrade to Wallace.

Wallace played well before the bye and he played well at the end of the season.

Just get him to figure out what to do in the middle of the season and the Bills will have one heck of CB. ?