At 54 the Bills will take? Your guess here!!

DJB

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I feel like this year more than ever I hate most of the prospects that the board loves. Claypool, Dillon, Hall, CEH - I like him, just not for us, and I'm sure there are others.

John Murphy has pitched a tent on air over Claypool on multiple occasions. He mentions him every chance he gets.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I keep getting the feeling that one of these top WR prospects falls to us like Denzel Mims, Tee Higgins or Brandon Aiyuk. Especially Aiyuk. Don’t know why, I just feel it.

Considering there may not be OTAs and rookie training camps and such. I think it is very possible. I think there will be a huge run on offensive tackles early, even some guards and centers and I think that will push skills guys down I think teams are going to go safe this year with more OL-DL guys. We saw a lot of tackles go last year and the offensive tackles in this draft are better imo. I also think that the running backs will got earlier than expected for the same reason, as a lot of those guys can plug and play and contribute year 1. I think the high risk-high reward guys may drop a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Considering there may not be OTAs and rookie training camps and such. I think it is very possible. I think there will be a huge run on offensive tackles early, even some guards and centers and I think that will push skills guys down I think teams are going to go safe this year with more OL-DL guys. We saw a lot of tackles go last year and the offensive tackles in this draft are better imo. I also think that the running backs will got earlier than expected for the same reason, as a lot of those guys can plug and play and contribute year 1. I think the high risk-high reward guys may drop a bit. 

Good take. Could see a lot of 'high floor' guys taken, especially by less established front offices/coaching staffs.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Chinn or Dantzler 2nd round

Greenard 3rd round

So DIggs is the only top level player added to the offense? Don't think so. One of the Day 2 picks is rb or wr. Beane made a point of needing more playmakers that can potentially score on any play.

54 - DE probably Terrell Lewis.  Give the new DC a say in his new toy.  I think it would be T Lewis because he has the most potential.  Let him develop for a year and then next year some DEs would be jettisoned - Murphy and one of the old guys.  Great succession planning - keeps the Bills good for years.

86-  WR - C Claypool or if not there B Edwards or Mims.  Groom a WR, a lot of talent in this draft to chose from.  If they hit, makes for a great progression.

128 - RB - probably with a slight move up to get their guy.  Someone like Zach Moss or Evans or even Dillon.

• Like (+1) 5

First, I would be real surprised if Dugger is still there at #54...If he is I think it makes some sense...But I'm not sold on that idea to be honest...

My guess is Diggs or Arnette will be the pick at #54...

I would NOT pass on Lucas Niang if he's there at #54...I doubt he will be...

My preference is one of the pass rushers...I think by the end of the 2020 season you could have Uche filling that Lorax role in this Defense pretty well...

We'll see...?

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

No way. That's a HUGE overdraft.

Still too high.

I tend to disagree- guys a beast and pounding the ball is coming back full circle in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

If you say Dillon on the third round I will jump on your horse. :thumbsup:

Ha fair enough but I don’t think he will be there. RB’s are going to come off the board quicker this year imo- we will know soon enough!

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ha fair enough but I don’t think he will be there. RB’s are going to come off the board quicker this year imo- we will know soon enough!

I believe that he will be available in the third round when we pick. On the other hand I don't think he will be available after the third round. It is likely that the top tier rated backs (four or so backs) will be taken in the second round with maybe one taken in the first round. This is my conjecture (guess). 

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I believe that he will be available in the third round when we pick. On the other hand I don't think he will be available after the third round. It is likely that the top tier rated backs (four or so backs) will be taken in the second round with maybe one taken in the first round. This is my conjecture (guess). 

It is anyones guess- imo my guy falls in the top 3 of backs- he is in the mold of Derrick Henry and to me, it is worth its weight in gold. A big back down the stretch punishing defenders that are banged up is just a great spectacle ?

Being predictive my guess is John Simpson, OG from Clemson. Our interior push in the run game was lacking last year and we have no young talent at the position. Can't rely on Feliciano and Spain forever.

Just for fun I also predict Chase Claypool will drop and we will trade up for him in round 3. They still need to add a size receiver. No way they're going into the season counting on Duke Williams to fill that role.

That gives us two Senior Bowl players that we met with pre-draft, and a trade up on day 2. Sounds like a realistic McDermott/Beane draft to me.

• Like (+1) 3