At 54 the Bills will take? Your guess here!!

DJB

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Uche is really fast, but where would you play him?  He really isn’t big/strong enough to play 4-3 DE is he?  If you play him at LB, do you take Milano or Edmunds off the field for the large % of plays that they go with 2 LBs?  Is he just a situational pass rusher in that case?

I think he's got the long-term ability to play as a 4-3 RDE, he's got the building blocks of a high calibre speed rusher. I could also see him being a SAM linebacker in base sets.

Or a mixture of the two like Lorenzo was, only actually good at covering.

Just now, buffalostu2 said:

It is scary how much the Athletic influences Bills fans.

With that I will go 

Michael Ojemudia

CB, Iowa

_iowa.jpg

Do love him, but I think it's a reach at 86 if you go by consensus. He's 63 on my board, but I don't think he even shows up on the other 6 boards I've got in the sheet for reference. 

8 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I think he's got the long-term ability to play as a 4-3 RDE, he's got the building blocks of a high calibre speed rusher. I could also see him being a SAM linebacker in base sets.

Or a mixture of the two like Lorenzo was, only actually good at covering.

If he can carry enough weight to be 245-250 without losing speed/quickness, he could be very interesting.  If he has to play OLB, then you would probably not re-sign Milano and play Uche in his place, but that feels like a lateral move with a step up in pass rushing.

6’1” is not typical height for a DE, but his arms are not too short.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Do love him, but I think it's a reach at 86 if you go by consensus. He's 63 on my board, but I don't think he even shows up on the other 6 boards I've got in the sheet for reference. 

My uneducated guess is that the Bills will go with the highest rated CB or Safety on their board. 

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If he can carry enough weight to be 245-250 without losing speed/quickness, he could be very interesting.  If he has to play OLB, then you would probably not re-sign Milano and play Uche in his place, but that feels like a lateral move with a step up in pass rushing.

6’1” is not typical height for a DE, but his arms are not too short.

I did think about the long-term idea of him replacing Milano and I don't hate it as a cost-effective measure. I think, in this scheme particularly, you might need someone a little more advanced in coverage than Uche though. The idea of him playing SAM gives you variety but not neccesarily a lot of snap production for the pick on it's own.

He doesn't fit a lot of the McDermott/Carolina prototypes that have been established over the years as an edge guy but I do have faith that he's got a future playing on the D-line. For a staff that loves smart kids with versatility, I have no trouble thinking that he's high on their board.

41 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

Shenault  

Front office seemed to have spent more time scouting him than anyone. Think he’s the pick if there. 

I have to think that scouting was done before trading for Diggs.  I suspect that the trade changes their priorities some wrt WR.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I did think about the long-term idea of him replacing Milano and I don't hate it as a cost-effective measure. I think, in this scheme particularly, you might need someone a little more advanced in coverage than Uche though. The idea of him playing SAM gives you variety but not neccesarily a lot of snap production for the pick on it's own.

He doesn't fit a lot of the McDermott/Carolina prototypes that have been established over the years as an edge guy but I do have faith that he's got a future playing on the D-line. For a staff that loves smart kids with versatility, I have no trouble thinking that he's high on their board.

Thank you - always enjoy your insights along with Gunner’s, Bandit’s, 716 and others that do their own evaluations.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Bills stand pat at 54 and take AJ Dillon from BC.

No way. That's a HUGE overdraft.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If you say Dillon on the third round I will jump on your horse. :thumbsup:

Still too high.

• Like (+1) 4