Kirk cousins says that playing without fans would be refreshing

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2886678-vikings-kirk-cousins-says-football-without-fans-would-kind-of-be-refreshing.amp.html 

I’ve never liked this guy, I don’t blame Diggs for wanting out of Minnesota.

After poor fan behavior we played a couple games in an empty gym.  It was refreshing in the short term.  It put the focus on the game rather than the show.  After a couple games it got old though and you missed the environment.

• Like (+1) 1

Quote in context....

"Honestly, we practice every day in an empty grass area and pump in fake crowd noise for away games. But more often than not, you're used to it. OTA practices don't have a lot of pomp and circumstance to them. So honestly to go out and just play the game would kind of be refreshing, a breath of fresh air, to just let us know that we don't have to have all the smoke and the fire, we can just play football. So as long as we're playing the game, I won't have a lot of complaints, and hopefully if it's still not returned to normal, we can find a way to make it work."

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Quote in context....

"Honestly, we practice every day in an empty grass area and pump in fake crowd noise for away games. But more often than not, you're used to it. OTA practices don't have a lot of pomp and circumstance to them. So honestly to go out and just play the game would kind of be refreshing, a breath of fresh air, to just let us know that we don't have to have all the smoke and the fire, we can just play football. So as long as we're playing the game, I won't have a lot of complaints, and hopefully if it's still not returned to normal, we can find a way to make it work."

Context sucks, what do you want us to do with our pitchforks?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's just making the best of the situation. He never said he'd prefer to play without the fans all the time.

"So as long as we're playing the game, I won't have a lot of complaints ..."

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Without fans you aren’t cashing those big boy checks. 

The NFL’s television deals pay the salary cap for the entire league so Cousins would probably still be getting some pretty big checks. 

Just sayin’.

• Like (+1) 1