The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

Just now, Scraps said:

Yes.  Are you so stupid that you would not ask a question?

No I wouldn’t.  And you, my friend, are the perfect example of why when a prospect tells me he’s an engineer I pass them off on to someone else.  

You’re on your death bed and you second guess the doctor and want options.

I’ll say it again. Good ***** Lord. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Chef Jim said:

No I wouldn’t.  And you, my friend, are the perfect example of why when a prospect tells me he’s an engineer I pass them off on to someone else.  

Any real MD I'vs asked questions of has answered them.  I'll stick with them.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

The previous two pages kinda foreshadowed his responses, don't you think?

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Scraps said:

What is the treatment?  What are my options?

Those are your answers in a hypothetical.  In the real friggin world you know he means this disease and this drug.  You also know that they are few or no options other than dying.

Why not answer the question? Would you volunteer for a clinical trial and hope to get the placebo?

34 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Well, Clinical Trial for Hydroxychloroquine’s efficacy in COVID-19 is Underway.

So, now that they’re doing a CT for this indication, I guess it’s ok. Amirite?

No.  We need to wait until it is done.  Should be ok in a year or so.

7 hours ago, Scraps said:

No, you didn't answer a single one.

Here they are.

My problem is that HCQ has not been proven in clinical trials.  Do you disagree?  My problem is that people seem to be throwing caution to the wind.  Do you disagree?  I don't remember the drug names but I've heard of a couple of drugs that compete with HCQ that have shown some promise against Covid-19.  Trump even mentioned one of them by Pfizer in his Friday news conference.  Isn't it possible that if HCQ is effective against Covid-19, competitive medicines might be effective as well?ll my questions

People "seem to be throwing caution to the wind" is what's giving you the vapors about this?

Seriously?

The medicine can ONLY be prescribed by a doctor.  Obviously, the Dr. will discuss with the patient the reasons for taking it and the potential side effects to watch for.

But, the federal government is hoarding it!  Or maybe they're ensuring there will be a supply and giving producers a guarantee that if they make the medicine in amounts previously too great to ensure sale by the expiration date that they'll be able to sell it?  Which seems more plausible?

But people are buying it OTC & dying!  No, they aren't.  Morons bought something similar but with enough other ingredients in it to be lethal.  That ISN'T buying it OTC.

Stop giving engineers a bad name. 

6 hours ago, Scraps said:

Any real MD I'vs asked questions of has answered them.  I'll stick with them.

What does this even mean?  I’m not asking if this is a real doctor telling you you’re dying. But let’s go back to the role play. 

Doctor:  You’re real sick yadda yadda yadda

You: Hang on............ok I’m done with this article on quantum physics in Mechanics Illustrated. It was very good. Nothing I didn’t know actually but just well written.  I especially like this bid about....

Doctor:  Dammit man!  You’re dying!!

You:  Oh I know.  I was perusing my charts just last night. Couldn’t sleep ya know.  I was too concerned about what the treatments are? What are my options. I’ve come up with several but I value your opinion. You are a real MD and all. 
Doctor:  Take this prescription or you’ll die. 

Ok NOW what do you say?

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

People "seem to be throwing caution to the wind" is what's giving you the vapors about this?

Seriously?

The medicine can ONLY be prescribed by a doctor.  Obviously, the Dr. will discuss with the patient the reasons for taking it and the potential side effects to watch for.

But, the federal government is hoarding it!  Or maybe they're ensuring there will be a supply and giving producers a guarantee that if they make the medicine in amounts previously too great to ensure sale by the expiration date that they'll be able to sell it?  Which seems more plausible?

But people are buying it OTC & dying!  No, they aren't.  Morons bought something similar but with enough other ingredients in it to be lethal.  That ISN'T buying it OTC.

Stop giving engineers a bad name. 

Boy, I'm glad I chose to end my participation in this conversation a few pages back and probably 10 or so hours ago. The "engineer" has simply repeated his tired, old thoughts for hours on hours. He is incapable of even engineering a cogent argument. Take note people, this is what TDS does to a person. It has taken what might used to have been an analytical person concerned with facts and probabilities into a Morris Albert kind of guy:

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

How about this one. You’re on a ventilator time is running out and a doctor, your doctor,approaches you and says “I’m going to be honest with you. Things look bad. But we have this experimental drug that may very well save your life.  It’s not been clinically tested but it’s been show to work.”

Here’s the question. What do you do?

I ask the doc why the hell he has me on a ventilator because according to scraps, no remedy can be applied until there is a clinical trial. Hello - this is a new virus and there is not a single remedy that has passed a clinical trial for effectiveness and/or side effects.  

I gasp like a fish out of water refusing any treatments whatsoever, and esp those recommended by bad orange man, and pass with CNN playing in the background. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Well, Clinical Trial for Hydroxychloroquine’s efficacy in COVID-19 is Underway.

So, now that they’re doing a CT for this indication, I guess it’s ok. Amirite?

Thats GREAT!  It so satisfying to know that real, responsible physicians are taking my advice.

Now I'm off to church.  Got to do my part to fulfill Tump's vision of packed pews on Easter Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Thats GREAT!  It so satisfying to know that real, responsible physicians are taking my advice.

Now I'm off to church.  Got to do my part to fulfill Tump's vision of packed pews on Easter Sunday. 

That was his vision?  

Just now, Scraps said:

Are you always this much of an azz or do you have to work at it? 

HCQ passed clinical trials back in the 1940s and 50s. 

Happily so, because it can be fast tracked for new indications and that is taking place - without any MD EVER listening to what your schizophrenic mindset believes.

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Happily so, because it can be fast tracked for new indications and that is taking place - without any MD EVER listening to what your schizophrenic mindset believes.

Well that's good news.  

Where are the results showing the efficacy of this drug on Covid-19 from the tests done in the 1940s and 50s?

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

My problem is ...  My problem is ...

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

My problem is ...  My problem is ...

8 hours ago, Scraps said:

... My problem is ... My problem is ...

you keep trying to tell us what your problem is. let me help you out here... you're an idiot. not sure if that's a problem for you or not but it is for the rest of us.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

...EXACTLY.......the reticence and hysteria is TDS driven because he advocated it....side effects?....seriously?.......ever listen to ads about a recent medicine?.....the benefits are a 1/2 page and the side effects are 4 pages.....brings back memories of the Foxworthy skit on the side effects of medicine...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwipyKerhuPoAhVGV80KHWARCFkQwqsBMAF6BAgIEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_crHTDHdX3c&usg=AOvVaw2HRD9PGiY7xBGMY82zqWr7

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you keep trying to tell us what your problem is. let me help you out here... you're an idiot. not sure if that's a problem for you or not but it is for the rest of us.

Take it up with the right wing circle jerk that keeps asking the questions.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Where are the results showing the efficacy of this drug on Covid-19 from the tests done in the 1940s and 50s?

I cannot figure out for the life of me why you care about this topic so much. Did you buy a bottle and were disappointed in the results? Didn’t it come with an empty jar guarantee? LET IT GO!

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Scraps said:

Well you said there were 9 million treatments for Lupus.  I asked you to list the first million.  You gave me 2.

Regardless, many here have said the Hydroxychloroquine is the only treatment for Covid-19.  Is that true?

I clarified this and said that when Trump was touting it, there were no other treatments for Wuhan virus.  Now they have convalescent plasma, which is only being used for the sickest patients on ventilators and thus very hard to get.  And remdesivir is still being trialed since it's a new drug. 

But again, if you get Wuhan virus, do what you want.  Just don't spread your disinformation to others and leave treatment to the doctors.

Edited by Doc