The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Thanks for the link.  Having viewed the video, I have less problem with what Harris said than what I read.  A common complaint is that this drug is not proven effective on Covid-19 and Trump's touts create hoarding by people who don't need these drugs and shortages for those who need it for Lupus or arthritis. Sorry you were to lazy to understand the last 10 pages.

Do you have the same problem with Wuhan patients needing high dosages of albuterol, such that there’s a concern of shortages for millions of asthma sufferers?

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Do you have the same problem with Wuhan patients needing high dosages of albuterol, such that there’s a concern of shortages for millions of asthma sufferers?

I really don't know anything about that.  Maybe you should start a thread about it.

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

I really don't know anything about that.  Maybe you should start a thread about it.

Hypocrite.

So again, tell me exactly what words that Trump said that are so objectionable and get under your skin?

Just now, GG said:

Hypocrite.

What?  You brought up something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread at all and haven't even heard of.  How do you expect me to have an opinion?

Be a good boy and start a thread about albuterol and Wuhan with your opinions.  Maybe I will look at it.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What?  You brought up something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread at all and haven't even heard of.  How do you expect me to have an opinion?

Be a good boy and start a thread about albuterol and Wuhan with your opinions.  Maybe I will look at it.

Well for starters, you refuse to provide Trump’s words that triggered you.  Second, your biggest concern about the HCQ/antibiotic combination is that its off brand use will deprive regular users of the drugs if supplies run out.  Yet, you could care less about a possible shortage of another drug that’s used in regular Wuhan treatments.   Just for kicks, are there more malaria sufferers in US or asthmatics?    

Or you simply choose to pick your outrages when they’re blaring on TV?

1 minute ago, GG said:

Well for starters, you refuse to provide Trump’s words that triggered you.  Second, your biggest concern about the HCQ/antibiotic combination is that its off brand use will deprive regular users of the drugs if supplies run out.  Yet, you could care less about a possible shortage of another drug that’s used in regular Wuhan treatments.   Just for kicks, are there more malaria sufferers in US or asthmatics?    

Or you simply choose to pick your outrages when they’re blaring on TV?

I'm simply saying that I haven't heard an issue with albuterol until you raised it.  Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

I'm simply saying that I haven't heard an issue with albuterol until you raised it.  Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Now that you’ve heard about it, why don’t you start a crusade?   Seems to be a much more critical risk for US residents than a shortage of treatment for their malaria, no?

Just now, GG said:

Now that you’ve heard about it, why don’t you start a crusade?   Seems to be a much more critical risk for US residents than a shortage of treatment for their malaria, no?

Hydroxychloroquine isn't used just for malaria.  In fact, production lines have been shut down because it has been less useful against malaria.  It is used for lupus and arthritis.

23 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Hydroxychloroquine isn't used just for malaria.  In fact, production lines have been shut down because it has been less useful against malaria.  It is used for lupus and arthritis.

And yet it's not the only treatment for those ailments, while albuterol is the main asthma rescue medicine.   But because Trump didn't tout the virtues of albuterol in treating Wuhan, nobody cares about its shortages for asthma sufferers.   TDS is quite the syndrome.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Thanks for the link.  Having viewed the video, I have less problem with what Harris said than what I read.  A common complaint is that this drug is not proven effective on Covid-19 and Trump's touts create hoarding by people who don't need these drugs and shortages for those who need it for Lupus or arthritis. Sorry you were to lazy to understand the last 10 pages.

People are hoarding the drug? Now I’ve figured it out. You’re confusing the drug with toilet paper. 

Who is hoarding it?

12 minutes ago, GG said:

And yet it's not the only treatment for those ailments, while albuterol is the main asthma rescue medicine.   But because Trump didn't tout the virtues of albuterol in treating Wuhan, nobody cares about its shortages for asthma sufferers.   TDS is quite the syndrome.

Well I guess its a good thing for asthma users that Trump and Fox News didn't decide to use  albuterol as the shiny object to distract his followers form his failures in January and February.  It is so much better for people with lupus and arthritis to lose their treatments.  They'll just be in pain instead of suffocating.

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

People are hoarding the drug? Now I’ve figured it out. You’re confusing the drug with toilet paper. 

Who is hoarding it?

Apparently people in Michigan.

Edited by Scraps

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I agree that they are morons.  That doesn't change the fact the Trump repeatedly downplays the negative side effects of the drug and that will influence people, particularly those who ignore the MSM.

So Trump "downplaying" side effects somehow got two morons to poison themselves using a completely different substance?

tenor.gif

By the way, the woman who poisoned herself and killed her husband was a Democrat contributor. Somehow I doubt she was 'ignoring' the MSM just to listen to Trump.

Edited by Koko78

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

So Trump "downplaying" side effects somehow got two morons to poison themselves using a completely different substance?

tenor.gif

By the way, the woman who poisoned herself and killed her husband was a Democrat contributor. Somehow I doubt she was 'ignoring' the MSM just to listen to Trump.

Personally, I don't know if these people were democrat or republican but when people on the right are complaining about politics being injected into this issue, your post should prove which side is injecting the politics.

9 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well I guess its a good thing for asthma users that Trump didn't decide to use  albuterol as the shiny object to distract his followers form his failures in January and February.  It is so much better for people with lupus and arthritis to lose their treatments.  They'll just be in pain instead of suffocating.

Good ***** Lord 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Apparently people in Michigan.

I’ll ask again. Who’s hoarding it? 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I agree.  Thank the good Lord that Trump didn't suffocate asthma sufferers.

Not you’re just being dumb on purpose. You are doing this on purpose right?

“DISCONCERTING ?” 

COVID-19 Patients Given Unproven Drug In Texas Nursing Home In ‘Disconcerting’ Move.

A friend on Facebook comments: “Washington (Kirkland) nursing home: No hydroxychloroquine, 35 deaths out of 120 residents.

Texas nursing home: Treatment WITH hydroxychloroquine, 1 death out of 135 residents.”

Maybe what’s “disconcerting” is the prospect that Trump might be right.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1