The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

But again, if you get Wuhan virus, do what you want.  Just don't spread your disinformation to others and leave treatment to the doctors.

That's great advice.  Maybe you should start following it yourself.  I haven't spread any disinformation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

That's great advice.  Maybe you should start following it yourself.  I haven't spread any disinformation.

Sure you didn't.  And I always follow it.  In this situation, in fact, because most doctors believe that HCQ is a safe and effective treatment for Wuhan virus.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Boy, I'm glad I chose to end my participation in this conversation a few pages back and probably 10 or so hours ago. The "engineer" has simply repeated his tired, old thoughts for hours on hours. He is incapable of even engineering a cogent argument. Take note people, this is what TDS does to a person. It has taken what might used to have been an analytical person concerned with facts and probabilities into a Morris Albert kind of guy:

Definitely seeing the benefits of the ignore feature.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/10/2020 at 8:57 AM, Doc said:

As for Fauci, his opinion is wrong.  I'm not sure why he's insistent on seeing clinical trials first and I hope there's nothing nefarious behind it.  But that's why there are second opinions.

Now see, this is disinformation.  All Fauci has said is that this drug has not been proven to be effective in trials.  That is simply a statement of fact, regardless of how the trials resolve themselves.  This is just a matter of a good public health official being honest with us.  I'm not sure why people think there is anything nefarious about his statement.

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Definitely seeing the benefits of the ignore feature.  

Once a person dogmatically refuses to take contrary information and at least consider it, he not only gets put on my personal ignore list but also is eligible for my mocking list. Basically I refuse to enter into any substantial discussion with them because it's not going to go anywhere but reserve the right to mock them incessantly. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Worse.  You’ve acted like a six year old.  Like holding somebody to a literal interpretation of an obvious hyperbole, but refusing to provide an answer to a simple question to provide the exact words that Trump used with regard to HCQ.

12 hours ago, Scraps said:

I'm confused.  What does throwing a gun into a tank do?  Were you maybe talking about a hand grenade?

12 hours ago, GG said:

No most definitely a gun.   Without bullets. 

12 hours ago, Scraps said:

Well I still don't get it...

Of course you don't -- which only makes it that much more hysterical :lol: :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Now see, this is disinformation.  All Fauci has said is that this drug has not been proven to be effective in trials.  That is simply a statement of fact, regardless of how the trials resolve themselves.  This is just a matter of a good public health official being honest with us.  I'm not sure why people think there is anything nefarious about his statement.

No it's not.  His opinion is wrong and deadly.  We don't have time to wait for clinical trials and the drug is and always has been safe enough to be used for other conditions that won't kill you/as fast as Wuhan virus.  Hence the reason the majority of doctors agree it's effective and are using it on themselves and/or family and/or patients.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Take it up with the right wing circle jerk that keeps asking the questions.

That you have stopped even trying to answer because, as an engineer, you answer to no one.  

But can you at least answer my last role play question?  I’d be interested in your answer. 

NPR proves true AG Barr’s claim the media is on a ‘jihad’ against hydroxychloroquine

by Andrea Widburg

Original Article

One of the main takeaways from the interview Attorney General Bill Barr did with Laura Ingraham was his saying that the Russia hoax would lead to criminal charges and would prove to be “one of the greatest travesties in American history.” Barr, however, didn’t limit himself to the Russia hoax. In addition, Barr discussed America’s COVID-19 response and, specifically, addressed the media’s disgraceful behavior regarding hydroxychloroquine. As he said, they were temperate in talking about the drug until Trump expressed enthusiasm about it, at which point they went on a "jihad"

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What does this even mean?  I’m not asking if this is a real doctor telling you you’re dying. But let’s go back to the role play. 

Doctor:  You’re real sick yadda yadda yadda

You: Hang on............ok I’m done with this article on quantum physics in Mechanics Illustrated. It was very good. Nothing I didn’t know actually but just well written.  I especially like this bid about....

Doctor:  Dammit man!  You’re dying!!

You:  Oh I know.  I was perusing my charts just last night. Couldn’t sleep ya know.  I was too concerned about what the treatments are? What are my options. I’ve come up with several but I value your opinion. You are a real MD and all. 
Doctor:  Take this prescription or you’ll die. 

Ok NOW what do you say?

Why Scraps will ask to see the clinical trials of course!

• Like (+1) 2

Doctors, pols urge earlier use of ‘miracle’ coronavirus drug cocktail. 

“Last week, the American Society of Thoracic Surgeons issued guidelines for doctors to use the anti-malarial if they are in the advanced stages of the coronavirus, but some physicians say that it needs to be administered long before that.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Well that's good news.  

Where are the results showing the efficacy of this drug on Covid-19 from the tests done in the 1940s and 50s?

You ***** choad. 
You have no concept of how CTs are designed and run. The safety parameters for humans have been established, so they can largely skip the months if not years required to do Phase 1 and 2 trials and then can therefore streamline into Phase 3. 

I believe you could volunteer for Phase 1 trials though. That where they test the compound’s safety in lower order primates. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Former NFL player who recovered from the coronavirus says hydroxychloroquine 'worked great' as treatment

A former NFL player voiced support for the efficacy of an anti-malarial drug, hydroxychloroquine, that has been touted by President Trump as a treatment for the coronavirus.

On Friday, former Buffalo Bills tight end Mark Campbell told CNN the medicine helped him overcome the highly contagious disease that has put much of the global economy on hold.

"Fortunately for me, you know, they put me on some meds, the HGQ worked great for me, I will be honest with you there," Campbell said.

Campbell added that the entirety of his sickness lasted almost 30 days, and that he was recovering at home with his wife and children.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Here’s a fun point:

In January, the NYT wrote an article that stated there was no evidence that COVID19 was “readily spread by humans and it has not been tied to any deaths.” I guess Trump did the right thing by not doing anything, seeing as there was no evidence of harm. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, FireChans said:

Here’s a fun point:

In January, the NYT wrote an article that stated there was no evidence that COVID19 was “readily spread by humans and it has not been tied to any deaths.” I guess Trump did the right thing by not doing anything, seeing as there was no evidence of harm. 

That point might be fun if you take the NYT seriously but it's fake news, isn't it? Might want to provide a link, too. 

17 hours ago, FireChans said:

Here’s a fun point:

You don’t need to go to the filtered opinion of from the NYT. I recommend everyone go to the CDC website and you’ll see the ACTUAL FACTS about the number of cases in the entire United States. All through January and February the numbers were extremely low and amazingly unchanging. Go to that site and then tell me on which specific day would the genius Monday morning QB crowd in the media, and on here, have shut everything down? Which specific day? 

• Like (+1) 1