The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

Just now, Scraps said:

I'm confused.  What does throwing a gun into a tank do?  Were you maybe talking about a hand grenade?

No most definitely a gun.   Without bullets. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I thought you were accusing people In Michigan?  Now it’s Trump? 

Yeah both.  I know this is really difficult for you to comprehend but there isn't a glut of this drug in the country.  When Doctors are prescribing it for people who don't need it at all (Michigan) or it is being bought up by the government to fool Trumps base into believing he is addressing this issue, it causes shortages for those who have actual needs for this drug. 

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yeah both.  I know this is really difficult for you to comprehend but there isn't a glut of this drug in the country.  When Doctors are prescribing it for people who don't need it at all (Michigan) or it is being bought up by the government to fool Trumps base into believing he is addressing this issue, it causes shortages for those who have actual needs for this drug. 

So now they are prescribing it in Michigan? I thought they were hoarding it. This is very confusing. Now I know why YOU are so confused.

And now Trump is hoarding it to please his base. I wonder if that stuff is good for TDS. ***** the LETHAL side effects. Double up the dosage.  

9 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Like this Trump supporter?

Funny how doctors in the field in NY are showing positive results in live cases and saving lives, but everything should stop because Trump endorsed it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So now they are prescribing it in Michigan? I thought they were hoarding it. This is very confusing. Now I know why YOU are so confused.

And now Trump is hoarding it to please his base. I wonder if that stuff is good for TDS. ***** the LETHAL side effects. Double up the dosage.  

I'm sorry that your intellect is to limited to understand supply and demand.

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well I still don't get it but given the fact that you don't even know what Hydroxychloroquine is used for in this country...

Quick, how many lupus and arthritis patients died because of lack of available medications in the last month?

1 minute ago, GG said:

Like this Trump supporter?

Funny how doctors in the field in NY are showing positive results in live cases and saving lives, but everything should stop because Trump endorsed it.  

Great.  Hopefully clinical trials will support these anecdotal results.

Hi, sort of an expert here. I know several instances personally where HCQ was used with good effect on COVID patients. What is your complaint?

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Just now, Scraps said:

Great.  Hopefully clinical trials will support these anecdotal results.

So let's hold off on giving medicine to critically ill patients until the politicians and media tell us it is safe.

BTW, what exactly did Trump say to trigger you?

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Hi, sort of an expert here. I know several instances personally where HCQ was used with good effect on COVID patients. What is your complaint?

Trump recommended it, basically.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

No no no I understand supply and demand. I really do. Unfortunately this isn’t what we’re talking about. See I asked who was hoarding and you posted some letter from STATE OF MICHIGAN
 DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS (sorry about the all caps. I just cut and pasted that from the letter) that didn’t talk about hoarding. 

Edited by Chef Jim

Just now, GG said:

So let's hold off on giving medicine to critically ill patients until the politicians and media tell us it is safe.

BTW, what exactly did Trump say to trigger you?

There are 9 million other ways to treat lupus regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Really?  What are your credentials?

Just now, GG said:

Not according to Scraps apparently. 

Oh, and HCQ is used as a controller medication. Lupus flares of the life threatening variety don’t wait 2-4 weeks to respond to that medication. That’s why God invented prednisone.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Really?  What are your credentials?

MD big boy.

Just now, FireChans said:

Oh, and HCQ is used as a controller medication. Lupus flares of the life threatening variety don’t wait 2-4 weeks to respond to that medication. That’s why God invented prednisone.

Oh, don't get him started on Prednisone.  He probably also doesn't know how it's used for acute asthma.