Rams cut Gurley to Atl 1yr $5M

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This account has gotten zero right from what I’ve seen

I've seen him hit a few before anyone else reported them. Jefferson to the Bills was one example. I'm guessing his source is an agent's office so he won't always know everything. But he seems to know who is interested.

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Rams don’t have a first round pick until 2022. So it might be tough to make it an Osweiler type or trade. 

Do they have a second round pick this year and next? That could be a start. Ooooh, and throw in Aaron Donald. /sarcasm(andbadsarcasmatthat)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would be surprised if we're in on this. Maybe if we bet a late round pick and we absorb the cap hit.

Admittedly, the Bills were the second team “floated” when I first heard it this am, behind TB.  But I think 90% of this and the cooler talk about the Bills are just conjecture.  At least I hope that’s the case.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

What picks do the Rams have?  I'd need a 1st rounder to start considering the thought of taking on that contract and I don't think they even have a 1st, do they?

I dont think they have a first for the next 20 years.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills were interested. When Healthy Gurley is a great player. With our health facilities, they may be willing to roll the dice

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d consider one of their 3rd’s to take him.  You’re essentially buying a 3rd round pick with your cap space and gurley might be useful for a year or 2.  

I'd take him if they gave us solid draft pick compensation. Otherwise it's clear they are going to release him. On a pitch count he can still be a useful player but you don't pay platoon backs his salary 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Great back.....but his body is broken.  Lucky for him he got paid.

Yes, he is a damn good RB, but the damage to his knees are a killer. Unfortunate, because he is/was a fun player to watch.

Again, let me know when the Rams want to deal away Cooper Kupp.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d consider one of their 3rd’s to take him.  You’re essentially buying a 3rd round pick with your cap space and gurley might be useful for a year or 2.  

No way.  3d round pick is not worth taking away that cap flexibility.

A co-share RB can be found anywhere for virtually nothing.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, he is a damn good RB, but the damage to his knees are a killer. Unfortunate, because he is/was a fun player to watch.

Again, let me know when the Rams want to deal away Cooper Kupp.

Yup.  Led me to back-to-back fantasy championships.   Broke my heart a little to drop him from my keepers before last season but knew it was the right move.

Edited by KD in CA

In all seriousness... WHY would you send ANYTHING to the rams for Gurley and his arthritic knees???  Also, there is a plethora of RB's available that will be MUCH cheaper...

The Rams will have to give picks with Gurley to get anyone to trade them for him. 

45 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm your huckleberry.

Image result for mark davis

You can’t ‘unsee’ that.  I am contacting Cellino...or Barnes, just not sure which one.

49 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Watch good 'Ol Bill O'Brian trade Will Fuller for Gurley and a fifth.

Of bourbon?  Actually, he’s better off trading for Gurley and a truckload of ‘BENGAY’.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

29 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

No way.  3d round pick is not worth taking away that cap flexibility.

A co-share RB can be found anywhere for virtually nothing.

Yup.  Led me to back-to-back fantasy championships.   Broke my heart a little to drop him from my keepers before last season but knew it was the right move.

Gurley’s cap hit wouldn’t be that high, especially with a restructure. They would accelerate his guarantees.

A trade will cost the Rams far more than the Bills in terms of space.

Edited by FireChans

I live in LA.  Let me clear something up, Gurley is NOT broken.  Again, NOT broken.

He was available whenever needed.  Does he have the ability to be a bell cow...well maybe, but if he was, his career would end much sooner.  

Fantasy football people think he’s completely done because the Rams offense didn’t use him like they had and people didn’t get value in their fantasy league.  But this is the real NFL where it’s about being a better team and winning championships, and Gurley can still absolutely contribute to that if used properly.  

In LA it wasn’t so much because they couldn’t, it was because the Rams offense was changing away from leaning on the run game to keep from wearing him down.  Gurley even kept saying he’s ready to go and ready for more, but McVay has been moving away from him even in the playoffs and Super Bowl during a season Gurley was dominating.  You play to get to the SB and you have a healthy Gurley you don’t use which he said was his big mistake.  

Sure, he has issues that need to be managed, but he’s absolutely capable of thriving along side another RB like Devin.

If we brought him in, I have no doubt McD and Daboll would use him effectively and Gurley would deliver.  Having Devin here means he won’t have to be leaned on for 20+ carries a game.  

One more thing...Rams OL has been on decline every year since his last big year too.  

That being said...I’m skeptical we are in on him when we can draft a guy now early if we want since we shored up holes at WR and DL, and who would also be cheap and not have his contract.  

But just saying if we did, our team would definitely get better upon his arrival.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1