Rams cut Gurley to Atl 1yr $5M

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Goff is getting paid what QBs get paid. That contract is fine

It the lack of cheap picks they have. They have to pay guys like Ramsey and they are out of money and n cheap high picks to replace them. They had an opportunity for sustained success and blew it. Gonna be 8-8 for a long time now

But they do have that new logo, so they’ve got that going for them.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Id prefer Melvin over Gurley...

They averaged the same YPC and the Rams oline was garbage.  TG isn’t the guy from a couple of years ago but I believe he has a few more quality years left.

imagine if he went to the Chiefs. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If they are smart, they give him a huge signing bonus and just convert that to cap space. Saints do it all the time

Converting roster bonuses and salary into a signing bonus only kicks the cap hit down the  road to future years of the contract.  If the player is released, then the portion of the signing bonus that has not been accounted for accelerates into the current year (or the following year if it’s after 6/1).  So that would not have done the Rams any good at all here. 

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Converting roster bonuses and salary into a signing bonus only kicks the cap hit down the  road to future years of the contract.  If the player is released, then the portion of the signing bonus that has not been accounted for accelerates into the current year (or the following year if it’s after 6/1).  So that would not have done the Rams any good at all here. 

ah, I gotta learn my contract details haha

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

what an awful contract

I mean it was a tough spot.  He was one of the best players in the nfl.  I feel as bad as you can for a professional athletes who are running backs.  They get the crap kicked out of them and teams don’t want to pay them.  I don’t how why you ever want to be a rb if you could play another position.

26 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So true. That Ramsey trade kills them. No first rounders for a while. The Gurley deal is what it is. They had to pay him, but kind of backed themselves into a corner. I wonder if people with still see McVay as a genius, or is he just the next McDaniels?

Let's ease their pain by taking Kupp off their hands...

• Thank you (+1) 1