Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

1 minute ago, Billl said:

People keep saying this, but that's a tie breaker when two offers are very close.  You don't turn down a huge haul like what Minnesota received in favor of the scraps the Texans received just to spite a team that isn't even in your own division.

Of course only my opinion but it has the looks Houston didn’t explore other options. Even taking the entire AFC out of the equation I have to believe an NFC team would of given up much more than Arizona did. Philly, Washington (who was rumored as our competition on diggs) , Chicago, Green Bay, even Seattle or San Fran, I could see any of those teams giving up a 1st rounder plus more to get Hopkins 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hardhatharry said:

I wouldn't put hopes up for a WR being awesome in rounds 2-3. The deepest potential at WR but lots will not work out just the way it is. 

Maybe, buy maybe not.  

Michael Thomas - Drafter Round 2

Antonio Brown - Drafter Round 6

Stefon Diggs - Drafter Round 5

Davante Adams - Drafter Round 2

Chris Godwin - Drafter Round 3

• Like (+1) 1

A few thoughts:

Diggs game, including his size, willingness to come across the middle, courage, hands, and speed remind me very much of Andre Reed.

The price tag was very low for his talent level, years of team control, and contract.

As good as Brown was last year, this will make him even better.  He’ll be in single coverage all year, and won’t see much help from single high safeties over the top.  Could see a line of 75/1100/8.

Even more so than Brown this will help Beasley, who belongs in the slot but was forced out wide far more often that you’d hope to see for personel reasons.  He’ll be an absolute stud underneath this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Of course only my opinion but it has the looks Houston didn’t explore other options. Even taking the entire AFC out of the equation I have to believe an NFC team would of given up much more than Arizona did. Philly, Washington (who was rumored as our competition on diggs) , Chicago, Green Bay, even Seattle or San Fran, I could see any of those teams giving up a 1st rounder plus more to get Hopkins 

The only explanation is that BOB really loves him some David Johnson. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1997WS6 said:

Maybe, buy maybe not.  

Michael Thomas - Drafter Round 2

Antonio Brown - Drafter Round 6

Stefon Diggs - Drafter Round 5

Davante Adams - Drafter Round 2

Chris Godwin - Drafter Round 3

Don’t forget my favorite Kenny Golloday 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ngbills said:

What league are you watching? Confused with your Madden league? Johnson was never a top 3-5 back not sure even a top 20 back. And Diggs is a top 5? Hopkins only better by a bit? Hopkins is a future HOFer, multiple 1500 yd seasons, etc. 

The hell he wasn't.  Dude had 3357 yards from scrimmage and 20 TDs in 2016.  That's one of the best seasons in history.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

The hell he wasn't.  Dude had 3357 yards from scrimmage and 20 TDs in 2016.  That's one of the best seasons in history.

fact check here... David Johnson was all-pro in 2016 and did have 20 TDs but only 2116 yds from scrimmage.  Still a great year

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

The guy clearly doesn't know wtf he is talking about. David Johnson was once a beast. Sadly injuries derailed a promising career.

Just now, freddyjj said:

fact check here... David Johnson was all-pro in 2016 and did have 20 TDs but only 2116 yds from scrimmage.  Still a great year

Yeah those yards seemed a little too crazy to be.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

The tis a very small list

Tyreek was a fifth round pick.

This trade reminds me of the 2017 draft.  McDermott made a solid trade to pick up a third and next year's first from Kansas City and still managed to draft an all pro CB yet people complain because another team landed an even bigger prize.

Diggs is a really good player, and the Bills are a better team in 2020 because of the trade.  The Cardinals got an even better player for considerably lower compensation.  Both of these things can be true.  Bill O'Brien is having a manic episode.  One team was able to capitalize on that.  Doesn't mean every WR in the league is available at fire sale prices.

16 minutes ago, Billl said:

Also in 2018 almost 1400 combined yards and 10 tds. Playing in AZ. I'd have taken that for us in 2018.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No we couldn’t have. If that were true. It would’ve happened.

That works out to 1157 yards over 16 games. 

We couldn't pull it off because we didnt have a busted up RB to offer.  And we didnt have a busted up RB to offer after Beane foolishly let Gore retire.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

That is just flat out wrong though. No one, and I mean NO ONE would take those picks for 8. To go from 22 to 8 it would probably take about 22, next year's first and a third, and that still might not be enough. Moving from 12 to 7 to get Josh Allen costed an additional 12 and 2 seconds.

The Bills just sent the Vikings four picks, including a first-rounder, to acquire Diggs. Those picks are worth 21.9 points on Chase Stuart's draft value chart, which is something close to the eighth overall pick in a typical draft.

Im not arguing over who would take what offer, Im speaking on value, period.

http://www.footballperspective.com/

Edited by TwistofFate