Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am beyond thrilled that the Dolphins have set themselves up for a 6-8 win season, taking them out of the running for Trevor Lawrence.

(That said, if Brady joins the Dolphins I will sh- myself.)

Right I mean the Dolphins are improving from a team that was competing for the 1st overall pick the Bills are a playoff team that is improving.

25 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Coller knows his stuff. That was an amazing review from someone who covered him and is not a shill or blowhard and knows the game. Extremely encouraging. 

Coller is well rounded in his knowledge of sports that includes football, hockey and I also believe he is well versed in golf. He is also committed to the analytical side of sports. I always liked him as a straight up and no gimmick sports commentator. I wish he was still involved in the local western NY sports scene. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yep, and maybe Brady stays if they make this trade yesterday.

Yeah, I was thinking that with all the better WR's being kept or moved, the Cheaters weren't going to get anyone to appease Tommy Boy.

https://theathletic.com/1681582/2020/03/17/what-the-bills-are-getting-in-the-stefon-diggs-show/

“The contract looks phenomenal,” former Bills center and captain Eric Wood said. “You get to bring in a star receiver at $12 million a year.

“You would hope that’s the missing piece the Bills need. Tall receivers who don’t separate in this league are not the answer. Separation and finding windows is what matters, and he seems to check all those boxes.”

“He was a fan favorite,” said Vikings sideline reporter Ben Leber, an NFL linebacker for 10 years. “He could get everybody going. He felt the love.

“Diggs is very smart. He understands coverage. He understands exactly where he had to be. He might take the weird, funky juke steps to get there, but he got there and at the right time.”

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We'll see.  I thought the same thing about Shady and he turned out okay.  There was a thread a month or so ago asking if you'd trade a 1st for Diggs and I said without hesitation as long as Beane made sure he was right mentally and wouldn't turn into a distraction.  I hope that's the case.

yep! Thought the same about Shady and he was such a consummate professional so I’m holding out hope!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

yep! Thought the same about Shady and he was such a consummate professional so I’m holding out hope!

And Diggs wanted out of Minnesota + seems excited to be coming here (from his tweet to Allen anyway). Shady loved philly and wasn’t at all pleased to be moved and it worked out.

I have faith in Beane, McDermott and the culture they’ve build. I feel like our locker room can handle it. I’m not at all convinced Diggs is even a problem.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Matthew Coller who used to work for WGR but has been in Minnesota the past few years said that Diggs frustration was mainly that he’s ultra-competitive and he felt Cousins shrinks in big moments and doesn’t have that same personality 

If that’s the case I think him and josh Allen could be a really great match. Josh is willing to do whatever it takes to win. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

We still have a 5th and 6th. 

They will struggle to make the roster though now on a pretty loaded , deep team. I'm shocked any Bills fan being opposed to this trade , it was fair compensation

I am aware of that too.  Just love folks that say picks after x round are worthless

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

That title cannot be possibly right. 

Oddly enough it is. I think I can actually edit the thread title down a bit - there was a lot of talk on the picks and what was given up and worked well last night

Edited by Reed83HOF