Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

1 minute ago, SDS said:

can you provide a reference where we trade away a fourth and the fifth rounder and not a fifth and the sixth rounder?

I just cut it all off, we don't need that anymore. Just Bills trades for Diggs works! The picks are in the top post

4 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

When did that 6th go to a 4th? Also that cap space is before Klein, Matakevich, and Croom, so that number is likely closer to 41.

The trade details are in the first post & the the cap space is there saying those guys are not included - not guessing on the total remaining until contract details are out!

Go back to Post #1

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

The trade details are in the first post & the the cap space is there!

Go back to Post #1

Still trying to figure out where I am wrong and we are a fourth and the fifth came from that goes along with next year’s fourth.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Still trying to figure out where I am wrong and we are a fourth and the fifth came from that goes along with next year’s fourth.

Now that I have changed the title I am not sure what I had there. I originally had the picks in, took them out for names since that was a big issue and then someone commented they wanted to see the picks instead of the names, so I quickly added the picks back in - may have easily made a typo...

The trade is:

Bills to MIn

#22, 5th (Teller pick) & 6th (Bodine Pick)

Min to Bills

Diggs

2020 7th

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

So you are aware Diggs was a 5th round pick.  As was Tyreek Hill.

The trick is finding those values and getting them into the right sytem. Who do you see projected in the 5th round this year that will become a star?

Hill is also not a fair comparison in that his draft value was reduced by his DV issues.

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The trick is finding those values and getting them into the right sytem. Who do you see projected in the 5th round this year that will become a star?

Hill is also not a fair comparison in that his draft value was reduced by his DV issues.

Well milano worked out for us 

SO much frustration over the number of picks traded for Diggs.  But the 1st, 5th, 6th and next year’s 4th is still roughly equivalent to a single pick - the 18th pick of the first round.  

Diggs for the 18th pick in round one sounds pretty good to me.  They were never getting Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs with pick 18.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

SO much frustration over the number of picks traded for Diggs.  But the 1st, 5th, 6th and next year’s 4th is still roughly equivalent to a single pick - the 18th pick of the first round.  

Diggs for the 18th pick in round one sounds pretty good to me.  They were never getting Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs with pick 18.

the 5th & 6th were house money with the trades last year as well!

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Not even.  A 4th next year is considered to be worth a 5th this year.  To package all those picks would get you to 20th overall.

Just now, Doc said:

Not even.  A 4th next year is considered to be worth a 5th this year.  To package all those picks would get you to 20th overall.

even if you give it full value for arguments sake; it's not that much especially since with our roster as it is now, we are not going to be have room for all those players.

I am thinking we may take about 4 players in this draft

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I thought that I had adjusted for the 21 4th, but agree with your point.  The “haul” of picks they sent to Vikes amounts to only a bit more than pick 22.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

even if you give it full value for arguments sake; it's not that much especially since with our roster as it is now, we are not going to be have room for all those players.

I am thinking we may take about 4 players in this draft

Yeah I'd say that about 4 picks would conceivably make the roster.  The odds of a 5th or 6th rounder sticking this year over a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th are low.  And the Bills still have a 5th and 2-6ths. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah I'd say that about 4 picks would conceivably make the roster.  The odds of a 5th or 6th rounder sticking this year over a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th are low.  And the Bills still have a 5th and 2-6ths. 

trade fodder to move up in rd2/3

• Like (+1) 1