PFF-Jerry Hughes best pass rusher last year

Big Turk

Hughes gets consistent pressure , just doesn't have the sack #s. 

Ended the season probably playing his best game against Hou and Tunsil , had 3 sacks and multiple pressures , which is a great sign moving forward. Get him the best possible DE on the other end , cut Murphy , he's due about 9 mil and we only get  1.8 mil in dead cap hit for cutting him. 

Edited by JerseyBills

35 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Damn Buffalo Bills site showing articles over a year old as if they were new....sigh

This sorta happened after the playoff game in Houston and Allen made some head scratching decisions. I kept seeing notifications on my youtube account that the Bills had shared "Josh Allen Preseason game 1 highlight videos". It was weird. 

3 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Now only if he could finish the play and make the sack. I always thought with Hughes’s speed off the edge he’d get more strip sacks in a year. 

Some dude named Jordan Philips had 9.5 sacks last year.. Murphy and Lawson combined for another 11.5.  Lotulelei even had 2 and he isn't a pass rusher at all.  Sometimes pressure leads to sacks for other players.  

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dude gets blatantly held on pretty much every play and never gets a call. It's unfortunate how badly his sour relationship with the refs has affected his career. Wonder where that all stemmed from...

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/02/buffalo-bills-jerry-hughes-miami-dolphins-after-game-video/

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

That would definitely do it! But I feel this has been going on since well before that.

When did he get the Unsportsmanlike called on him for patting our own player on his head? I feel like that was before 2018.