YoloinOhio

Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

random thought: I wonder where Blake Bortles will end up?

He ends as a draft bust.

Edited by Cruiserplayer

11 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

He ends as a draft bust.

He will get a job next season somewhere

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

He will get a job next season somewhere

UberEats is open for business. He could investigate opportunities there. Probably could perform his best drives ever there.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

19 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I think the Patriots have 12 and the Dolphins have a bunch early, including as we know, 3 (presently) in the first round.

I fear BB the coach. As GM, not so much. 

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will continue in the draft bust topic if you want to continue but this is not proper place as pointed out by others. 

Is there a “Sammy is all that” thread?

13 hours ago, rayray808 said:

I'd bring him in as a back up.... anyone but Barkley...

• Like (+1) 1

will be interesting post draft to see what free agents who have verbal agreements but haven't passed physicals end up getting released?  gonna be a complicated situation

19 hours ago, rayray808 said:

I'd rather have him than Barkley

26 minutes ago, papazoid said:

over the past four seasons Cam Newton's  QBR ranks 31st among 40 qualified quarterbacks.

his better days are long gone.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28948659/cam-newton-reaction-release-define-rest-career

The dude has taken an enormous pounding over the years... His best asset is running, not throwing... and his running isn't what it used to be.

Pass.

On 4/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Other recievers with similar numbers over similar time frames- Adam Thielen, John Brown, Mohamed Sanu, Kenny Stills, and two with lesser numbers per year- Edelman and Amendola. So yes 700 per year with 5 TDs makes you good. 

Which one of those players was a top 5 pick? Bust is a relative term derived directly to draft position. If you get a 3rd-4th round talent and production from a top 5 pick, your pick was a bust. That label is as much for the FO that drafted them as it is for the player. Top 10 picks are supposed to change your franchise.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

I'd rather have him than Barkley

100%

36 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Which one of those players was a top 5 pick? Bust is a relative term derived directly to draft position. If you get a 3rd-4th round talent and production from a top 5 pick, your pick was a bust. That label is as much for the FO that drafted them as it is for the player. Top 10 picks are supposed to change your franchise.

You and I will have to disagree on what the term bust means- I assume you feel half of each years top 10 are busts and sometimes all of them?

• Like (+1) 1

Anybody know if ziggy ansah isn’t worth a look?  Idk how he played and heard he’s been injured but 

2 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Anybody know if ziggy ansah isn’t worth a look?  Idk how he played and heard he’s been injured but 

Don't really see the point to add him. We have aging DEs.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Houston-Texans-trade-WR-Brandin-Cooks-Rams-15191040.php

Texans trade for WR brandin Cooks.

Cooks + 2021 4th for pick #57

Bill O'Brien is an idiot. He essentially just traded Hopkins for Cooks and basically moved up 17 spots in the 2nd round. Terrible, terrible trade. 

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Bill O'Brien is an idiot. He essentially just traded Hopkins for Cooks and basically moved up 17 spots in the 2nd round. Terrible, terrible trade. 

This trade wasn't that bad. The Hopkins trade was. This trade is more reasonable.

3 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

This trade wasn't that bad. The Hopkins trade was. This trade is more reasonable.

Cooks had 580 yards last year and has an extensive concussion history. This trade isn't as bad as the Hopkins trade, but it's still bad. And they wouldn't have needed to do it if he hadn't traded Hopkins. They're chasing their tail and getting significantly worse.