YoloinOhio

Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

36 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Is there any news on OT LaAdrian Waddle? I’d like to sign him for depth and competition if he is healthy. 

I'm guessing that with the Williams signing, Waddle is a longshot.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2020 at 12:22 PM, WMDman said:

per nfl network. terms still unknown 

On 3/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, astb41 said:

what time does the legal tampering period begin?

Would like to know as well

Did Jason Peters  or everson Griffith sign yet?

44 minutes ago, GG said:

Yeah, at this point, I would guess Waddle is on their shortlist if an injury occurs during TC or during the season if he isn't picked up elsewhere 

3 hours ago, Jerboski said:

Would like to know as well

Did Jason Peters  or everson Griffith sign yet?

Neither have.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, players shouldn't be judged based on their draft position and GMs shouldn't be judged based on their drafts.  Participation trophies for all.  Wonderful.

Watkins was drafted #4.  He has not come close to living up to that potential and based on draft position, he sucks.

Whaley moved up to draft him even though he didn't have a QB to get him the ball, he sucks.

A player can only be judged upon his play. The player has no say in where he is drafted. 

The general manager who drafts the player, however, SHOULD be judged based upon draft value relative to performance. 

Think critically.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GG said:

Could be the impact of Waddle's injury is still evident.

8 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Or it's possible teams don't know, and are waiting for a physical first.

8 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Or they just don’t know enough yet because they can’t examine him with their own doctors. A lot of these fringe guys coming off injury are going to be late signings with the current restrictions 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

A player can only be judged upon his play. The player has no say in where he is drafted. 

The general manager who drafts the player, however, SHOULD be judged based upon draft value relative to performance. 

Think critically.

So, Watkins has maxed out his god given abilities.  Got it.

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, Watkins has maxed out his god given abilities.  Got it.

I really don't understand what you're getting at.

I don't think Watkins has ever realized his full potential at the NFL level. That's a fair criticism. 

7 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I don't think Watkins has ever realized his full potential at the NFL level. That's a fair criticism. 

In my opinion, by a wide margin. Bust.

45 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think he's meaning if Watkins out in the effort and maximized his talent, he wouldn't be a bust. So it s combination of draft position and player. 

from the bills perspective...the sammy pick at #4 was a total disaster.

from the player perspective....he's still in the league...in 2018 signed a 3yr/$48 mil deal/$30 guaranteed...just reworked a little for 2020.

far from a bust

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

In my opinion, by a wide margin. Bust.

It's funny how a number 4 pick can have a career that is sporadic between some huge games, some meh games, some "not much" games and some injuries, contribute to a Super Bowl win and sign some decent contracts, but still be considered a huge bust by some and "ok" by others.  You won't find anyone assuming he is a critical piece to anything whether he can be or not.

Contrast this with the consensus greatest draft propspect of all time who had a career with some solid stats, never really sniffed a Super Bowl, choked in a bunch of critical moments, had several injuries and retired extremely early.  Call that guy a bust and holy terror will rain down upon you forever.  Even after a career full of false hope and disappointment, we're in for a decade or so of imagining what could have been.

Perception is more real than reality sometimes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

from the player perspective....he's still in the league...in 2018 signed a 3yr/$48 mil deal/$30 guaranteed...just reworked a little for 2020.

far from a bust

A WR that had 2100 yards and 15 TDs in his first 2 seasons catching passes from EJ, Orton, and Tyrod in an offense that threw the ball less than any other in football is a disaster? I mean yeah, he was injured in year 3, but geez.

• Like (+1) 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, papazoid said:

far from a bust

What was more of a disaster? Trading up for a WR who hasn't performed to his potential consistently but has had a pretty decent NFL career to this point or passing on two of the better QBs in the league? 

Edited by ScottLaw

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

A WR that had 2100 yards and 15 TDs in his first 2 seasons catching passes from EJ, Orton, and Tyrod in an offense that threw the ball less than any other in football is a disaster? I mean yeah, he was injured in year 3, but geez.

So was he not the same after the year 3 injury?  Just curious on your opinion on this. Thx.

3 minutes ago, hjnick said:

So was he not the same after the year 3 injury?  Just curious on your opinion on this. Thx.

Definitely not.

And a lot of heat should fall on the staff at the time. It was misdiagnosed, then mishandled, and when finally handled properly it was too late to get him into football shape for the back half of 2016. 

Next time we saw him play a meaningful game it was for another team.

Has he underachieved relative to his draft slot? Absolutely. Has he been the monumental disappointment that some folks imply? Not by a mile.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It's funny how a number 4 pick can have a career that is sporadic between some huge games, some meh games, some "not much" games and some injuries, contribute to a Super Bowl win and sign some decent contracts, but still be considered a huge bust by some and "ok" by others.  You won't find anyone assuming he is a critical piece to anything whether he can be or not.

Contrast this with the consensus greatest draft propspect of all time who had a career with some solid stats, never really sniffed a Super Bowl, choked in a bunch of critical moments, had several injuries and retired extremely early.  Call that guy a bust and holy terror will rain down upon you forever.  Even after a career full of false hope and disappointment, we're in for a decade or so of imagining what could have been.

Perception is more real than reality sometimes.

Not everyone Lucks into a long career.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Definitely not.

And a lot of heat should fall on the staff at the time. It was misdiagnosed, then mishandled, and when finally handled properly it was too late to get him into football shape for the back half of 2016. 

Next time we saw him play a meaningful game it was for another team.

Has he underachieved relative to his draft slot? Absolutely. Has he been the monumental disappointment that some folks imply? Not by a mile.

I'll buy this.

While not a disaster, he has underwhelmed from what were very high expectations.