Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

9 minutes ago, Smitty75 said:

Do we have enough money left to bring one more solid guy ?

i saw 32M on the thread but i’m concerned about the extensions that will come like Tre, Edmunds or J.A. (if he step up on his game till the end of his rookie contract)

Last number I saw was over $80M free next year, which is when these extensions would likely impact us. 

I think if we want, we can still spend this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'd say you can bank on the Rams going after one of the top 3 RB's in this upcoming draft. One of either Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift will be in LA next year. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'd say you can bank on the Rams going after one of the top 3 RB's in this upcoming draft. One of either Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift will be in LA next year. 

Exactly and they would be smart to do that, Gurley wasn’t the same guy after his injury and they could get a nice return for him I think.

I love some of the twitter posts...there's a possibility that teams are talking about a chance that they may look in to  signing a player.........maybe

3 minutes ago, Smitty75 said:

Exactly and they would be smart to do that, Gurley wasn’t the same guy after his injury and they could get a nice return for him I think.

how could they get a nice return on an injured RB with a large contract?

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

I love some of the twitter posts...there's a possibility that teams are talking about a chance that they may look in to  signing a player.........maybe

If he’s clear medically, and before last year he was a top 3 RB...so they might think about his potential.

And when i say « a nice return » I wasn’t thinking about a 1st round pick off course but a 2nd or 3rd.

Edited by Smitty75

Just now, Smitty75 said:

If he’s clear medically, and before last year he was a top 3 RB...so they might think about his potential when i say I nice return, I don’t think about a 1st round pick off course but a 2nd or 3rd.

ok fair enough. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Interestingly, there are a couple of fullback upgrades available who could come cheaper. Roosevelt Nix just got cut so the Steelers can get the Watt brothers together and pay the fullback Watt 3 million a year. Nix is better than Watt and DiMarco at this point in his career. 

Another guy I’ve had my eye on since the draft is Danny Vitale. Finally got a chance to play in Green-bay and was very good. I think he has some Kyle Juszcyk lite type of upside. Highly athletic and can carry the football. 

i have love for DiMarco and the leadership he brings to the team. But he seems done to me and these guys are upgrades. Nix has nice special teams upside while Vitale has upside as a receiver. So a modest upgrade opportunity. I think we need to add a receiver like  Higgins from the Browns as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Yeah, I don't see it either. It's widely known he has a degenerative knee issue. His career reminds me A LOT of Terrell Davis, without the SB's and SB MVP of course. I think they should be happy to take whatever it may be someone would give them just to get his cap hit off of the books alone. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

Am I the only one that read Taylor, and then Swift, and took a pause? 

Image result for smile gif

• Haha (+1) 2

If Gurley's knee checks out, get it done.  Problem is I suspect his knee is much worse than Rams are letting on.  A healthy Gurley, and SIngletary, with Diggs, Smoky, Beasley, and Rambo sounds like best offense since Kgun

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

If Gurley's knee checks out, get it done.  Problem is I suspect his knee is much worse than Rams are letting on.  A healthy Gurley, and SIngletary, with Diggs, Smoky, Beasley, and Rambo sounds like best offense since Kgun

If he were healthy they wouldn't be moving him. It's a question of how broken is he?

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Who is Rambo? Is that a nickname for Knox?

With all of the new defensive lineman brought in, I wonder if they could unload Star’s contract for Gurley? What is the net impact to the salary cap for both teams?

I know about Gurley’s knee problems, but he is still 25 years old and he was still very effective last year. With Singletary, he wouldn’t have to carry as much of a load.

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I'm curious what everyone around here thinks about possibly taking a shot at Xavier Rhodes or Trumaine Johnson?

Like Josh Norman, both guys have struggled mightily over the past few years.  But maybe our defensive coaches/system could rejuvenate their careers, especially if we could do a one-year prove-it deal.

I think we already have one of the best secondaries in the NFL.  

But I went into the offseason thinking we need 4 guys capable of playing the outside (we only had 3 last year).  I would prefer that at least one of those CBs also be able to slide into the slot in case of another Taron Johnson injury.

When were those two good? Was it in a zone D or man to man- not many dudes can do both and switching from one to the other is the demise of many DBs.