Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

If we give $9,000,000 to Gordon I would immediately be like :censored:  :wallbash: I wouldn't give him any more than $5,000,000

Yeah, $9M would be too high.  But I don't think $5m is his market value either.  I'm guessing he is more around the $7m a year range with performance bonuses that could get him up to $9m.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Yeah, $9M would be too high.  But I don't think $5m is his market value either.  I'm guessing he is more around the $7m a year range with performance bonuses that could get him up to $9m.

I'm thinking the same.

Singletary and the 3rd string will be cheap.  

Paying 10 millionish for a RB stable is not expensive at all.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Doubt you're going to like the price tag.  Big money contracts for veteran RBs in free agency almost never work out.

At least Beane has done a really good job of handing out contracts that typically don't tie us to the player beyond one or two years.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Doubt you're going to like the price tag.  Big money contracts for veteran RBs in free agency almost never work out.

I dont care if he is the highest paid back. Not my money.  They pony up to the cap in an attempt to make a run as a fan I would be happy. Also, cap number always changes, new contracts are signed.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 2

Singletary missed games last year because of injury and you can't expect that a starting running back will be healthy for an entire season.  A running back by committee would be great for the health of Singletary and for the Bills in general, particularly since Gordon and Singletary are different types of backs.  

Just now, jahnyc said:

Singletary missed games last year because of injury and you can't expect that a starting running back will be healthy for an entire season.  A running back by committee would be great for the health of Singletary and for the Bills in general, particularly since Gordon and Singletary are different types of backs.  

Amen 

16 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I like it.  Versitle back and pairs perfectly with Singletary.

I don't like paying RB top value but the thought of replacing Gore's carries with Gordon is tempting.  Considering MG's lackluster market if they could get a 1 year deal the money won't matter next year. It would also be premium injury insurance for any back getting hurt. 

1 minute ago, LLCoolCy said:

I don't like paying RB top value but the thought of replacing Gore's carries with Gordon is tempting.  Considering MG's lackluster market if they could get a 1 year deal the money won't matter next year. It would also be premium injury insurance for any back getting hurt. 

I think every FA signed so far has been 2 year deals.....not that concerning...adding Diggs and Gordon would be huge

• Like (+1) 2